Loate's Nuclear Winter Build (2.3) (Arctic Breath - Remote Mine - Sire of Shards)

<insert pleasantries here>

So yeah, back with another ridiculous build, because having a 6L Sire of Shards lets you do things that would normally get you locked away for at least 20 years in the contiguous United States. Don't build this in a new league. Build this on Standard when you're bored and you just have to annoy everyone around you.

WHAT DOES THE BUILD LOOK LIKE?

Spoiler
Stupid. Absolutely stupid. Please don't ever do this.

Atziri complete with inability to hit flasks at very end https://youtu.be/wByHwub5eyU
Springs Map with some mods https://youtu.be/kODMkuP9hUk
Overgrown Ruin map with some other mods https://youtu.be/xiqI8QyBBl0
Arid Lake because sure why not https://youtu.be/X_bttKzoqBs

AWWWW, C'MON MAN!

Spoiler
I tried to warn you.

FINE. HOW DOES IT WORK?

Spoiler
Well, as seen in the Funpocalype, Sire of Shards is an incredibly useful weapon when it comes to blowing everything around you the hell up. Now, normally the problem with Arctic Breath + Remote Mine is that it only shoots out one. Unless, of course, you socket GMP, and then your damage goes to crap, especially because you're going to be running Minefield, which already puts a less modifier in play.

Sire of Shards solves this problem, by vomiting out hellacious amounts of gibbering death skulls onto every nearby enemy while still preserving your damage (4 additional projectiles in a nova pattern is quite good when you run into the middle of a pack). In addition, Arctic Breath is one of the few remaining skills that can 'shotgun' an enemy (due to the overlapping explosions). In practice, this means if you drop a single cluster of mines (generally 3, sometimes 4 with Saboteur procs), there are going to be 15-20 frozen love missiles blasting out into the surrounding countryside, and if each one has a 9,200 tooltip DPS, well, that's 135,000-184,000 damage per mine drop (assuming you're between the mob and a wall).

You can drop 3 of these clusters at once. Oh, and the new patch is buffing Arctic Breath damage by 30% more. My loins are aflame.

THAT SEEMS... EXCESSIVE

Spoiler
It is. It really is. Clearly no one has considered doing this build before.

SO WHAT GEAR DO I NEED? I DON'T SEE THE WORDS 'TREMOR ROD' ANYWHERE IN HERE

Spoiler
No, you don't, because Sire of Shards is that much better.
Spoiler

This thing is the goddamn Magikarp meme of Path of Exile. You want projectiles? Sire of Shards gives you a GMP equivalent ability that draws immediate comparison to Reach of the Council, but somehow has failed to excite even the bare minimum of attention, ALONG WITH A GAWLDANG 60-100% INCREASED PROJECTILE DAMAGE ON TOP. Oh, and that's not to mention the +all to stats (always useful for hitting gem requirements) sitting next to its friend Ele Resist all.

Oh, and some extra Light Radius, because it's obvious you're going to use this beatstick in a LL build.

Reach of the Council wishes it could be as overpowered as Sire of Shards.

DO I NEED ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS SEX ROCKET?

Spoiler
Yes, though it depends. If you're going non-Shavs LL, which I'm currently doing because I lucked into a 900es chest off a floor drop, you'll probably want The Broken Crown, which does wonders for your Chaos Resist (and if you socket your Auras in it you also avoid the Cast on Death penalty). Alternatively, you can grab a Shavs and some baller ES/resist equipment. There's really no bad choice here. Either way, you'll want a Lori's Lantern in one of your ring slots, because "Enemies are Unlucky When Damaging You" is literally the best thing ever, an Eye of Chayula in your neck slot for stun immunity (unless you have a Skyforth's, in which case go f#$* yourself), and an Auxium for your belt. Pretty standard CI/LL necessities.

Spoiler

THIS BUILD SOUNDS EXPENSIVE. IS IT EXPENSIVE?

Spoiler
I mean, if you go balls out with the Level 4 Empower, Level 21 Arctic Breath, and 21/20 / 20/23 gems for all your other slots, yeah, it's gonna cost you some change. Fortunately, you can get by just fine with a 5L Sire of Shards (about an ex on Standard) and some decent ES gear with Chaos resist, though I would really recommend the 6L Sire to slot Empower in (usually 8ex for a 6L). The rest of the uniques might cost you an ex total.

WHAT'S THE BUILD TREE?

BANDITS? LINKS?

Spoiler
On Normal, Kraitlyn for resists, or Alira for mana if you have sweet gear. Passive points on Cruel and Merciless.

Link in the Sire of Shards should be Arctic Breath->Remote Mine->Minefield->Cold Penetration->Empower--Hypothermia

Put an Orb of Storms with Increased Crit somewhere to trigger Elemental Overload on bosses. Link a Spell Totem to Detonate Mines. Find a Vaal Clarity. This really isn't that complicated.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Spoiler
30% MORE DAMAGE. 30% MORE DAMAGE. 30 FRIGGIN PERCENT MORE DAMAGE.

Oh, and get some decent enchants I guess. I'm so lazy.
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2017, 10:32:24 AM
Why didn't you take Arcane Vision and why did you take Breath of Rime?
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info