[2.4] Doryani's Fist Shock Nova || Tanky + Insane Clear Speed

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, this is my build guide for my CI Cast on Melee Kill Doryani's Fist character in the Prophecy League. I chose a trickster for this build, because of 'Walk the Aether' giving us a free Cyclone and the insane defensive boost from Shade Form.

Cast on Melee Kill has been buffed quite heavily in 2.4, so this build has increased its DPS by quite a bit.

The build is based around scaling both our Shock Nova damage and our Cyclone damage simultaneously through lightning and area damage. By incorporating both these skills in our build, we are able to maintain a very high clear speed and ensure that our single-target doesn't suffer.

This build destroys map content very swiftly (reaching over 200 million experience per hour easily). Defensively, we use a very high evasion rating, block, dodge combined with a high ES pool. We also have Vaal Pact and flask nodes that allow us to utilize our 5 flasks to their full effectiveness.

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuHpCkmUK_E

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Insane clear speed
+ Defensive
+ Moderate Budget
+ Very Fun
+ High damage

Cons:

- Have to be able to use flasks effectively.
- Truly shines when all the pieces of the build come together.
- Can't Run Elemental Reflect and Blood Magic maps.

SKILL TREE

Shadow - Trickster

Passive Tree (For level 90)

Ascendancy Points: Ghost Dance, Shade Form, Walk the Aether, Swift Killer.

Bandits: Passive, +Attack Speed, +Frenzy

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

Generally on our skill tree, we take as many efficient elemental, lightning and area damage nodes as possible. We also take hybrid evasion + ES nodes, since we rely heavily on evasion for our defense. Jewels are a main source of damage for this build, so our complete build (level 90) takes around 5 jewel sockets.

For our Keystones we use Chaos Inoculation, granting us bonus energy shield from infused shield and chaos immunity. We also grab Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact for instant leech with Vinktar's, Atziri's and the Boot Enchantment. Resolute technique is also used, since we are a non-crit build and this allows our cyclone to have 100% accuracy.

We also take some reduced mana reserved nodes, so that we can run Herald of Thunder (with Innervate), Wrath and Discipline.

JEWELS

Jewels are a very important component of our build. Try to get area damage, lightning damage, attack speed, attack speed while holding a shield, attack and cast speed, increased damage.

SCREENSHOTS

Cyclone DPS (Fully Buffed with Flasks)

Note that these stats are with Lightning Penetration.

Defense

Defense Buffed

GEAR

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

No weapon lol, this is an unarmed build. Also, make sure you go to your UI settings and turn off auto-equip, as you can sometimes pick up a main-hand weapon and then your Doryani's Fist doesn't work anymore.

Shield

For our shield, we ideally want a shield with high evasion and energy shield. Also with good resistances if possible as well. These are sometimes expensive, but worth the investment.

Helm

For our helm, we ideally want a helm with high evasion and energy shield. The Vertex is a great luxury option that provides us with a lot of defense through high evasion and energy shield. Try to get a good enchanted mod that is relevant for our build (such as Cyclone or Shock Nova damage).

Chest

For our chest we just need a high ES chest. 6L ES chests are really quite cheap these days, so you can buy them for 1ex and craft a good chest yourself. The chest I'm currently using is pretty bad, but try to get a 400+ ES chest if possible.

Gloves

For Gloves, we need Doryani's Fist. This item provides us with a lot of damage for both our melee attacks and our spells. It also gives us some energy shield and nice shock chance. Search for Doryani's Fist's with high damage rolls.

Boots

For Boots, we generally want boots with high evasion and energy shield. We also need 30% increased movement speed. Sin Trek is a great alternative, so if you have the resistances, try using a Sin Trek. Also try to find one with the life leech on kill enchant.

Amulet

For the Amulet, we want an amulet with lightning damage, energy shield and resistances. I am a bit greedy so I use a Karui Charge since it provides a lot of attack speed and movement speed. But this decision is up to you. You can also use an Eye of Chayula, but I generally find it unnecessary since we are immune to stun during cyclone.

Rings

For our rings, we want high energy shield, lightning damage and resistances. Try to get attack speed as well if you can.

Belt

For the Belt, we want an Ascent from Flesh. This belt is really great for our build since it provides us with a lot of evasion and energy shield. It also gives us some nice stats while phasing (movement speed and dodge), as well as some resistances. Alternatively, you can also use an Auxium if you don't like being Frozen (we are immune to freeze while cycloning though).

Flasks

Flasks are very important for this build and a lot of our defense and survivability relies on our flasks. I recommend a Vinktars for its amazing leech. Vinktar's is our emergency panic button and makes us invulnerable for 5 seconds. We also use Atziri's Promise for a nice DPS boost, Quicksilver for mobility and a Jade + Stibnite flask for a massive boost to defense. But you are welcome to test other flasks as well.

LINKS AND GEMS

Cyclone Setup

For Cyclone the setup is shown above. Lightning Penetration is a must for our build as it provides us with a lot of extra damage and allows us to deal with heavy resistant monsters. Added Lightning gives both the spells and the cyclone a huge damage boost. But you can also use Life Leech instead of Added Lightning. Cast on Melee Kill + Shock Nova is our main source of AoE clear. Increased Area of Effect is necessary so that we can hit as many enemies as possible with our Shock Nova.

CWDT Setup

I like using Tempest shield for our CWDT setup, as it gives us a neat defensive boost from block chance. We also attach our golem to our CWDT gem, since we don't have the mana to cast it manually. I prefer to use a high level CWDT since we are an evasion build, and this gives us a higher level golem as well.

Mobility Setup

Our main mobility setup involves using Lightning Warp, supported by Less Duration, Faster Casting and Rapid Decay, for moving us out of tight position very quickly.

Aura Setup

This is our Aura setup and we use Herald of Thunder, Wrath and Discipline. Wrath gives both our spells and melee attack a huge damage boost. Discipline provides us with a nice ES boost.

Herald of Thunder is attached to Curse on Hit, Conductivity and Innervate. Innervate is great as it occasionally provides us with a 7s Onslaught which is great for our build. This setup requires 4 blue sockets, so I suggest placing this setup in our helm.

LEVELING

Generally, just use Arc, Ball Lightning or Shock Nova to level.

Try to get to around level 65 or 70 before switching to the Doryani's Fist build. Use items such as Reverberation or Amplification rods.

Path from the Shadow area to the Witch area, and then go to the Templar Area. Don't go CI until you are around level 60 or so.

Grab Ghost Reaver, Vaal Pact and then the Jewel sockets once you have grabbed all the main passive points.

THE END

Check out my other Ascendancy builds if you are interested:

Explosive Cleave
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862

Poison Spectral Throw
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1590929

Burning Arrow Elementalist
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1649746
Last edited by cookees on Oct 7, 2016, 7:39:29 AM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 11:27:26 AM
Hi dude, i am doing ur build, and i like it, but i have 1 question:
1. Which masters must have?
Hi,

I am currently doing this build (lvl65).
I reached Sovereignty in the passive skill tree and prepared the way for most important keystones until there.
(leveled with Arc)
As a first time CI character I am hesitant at when exactly switching to CI (i ll switch to main build at 70). I am saving 4-5 points to use all at once when switching.
Any advice for this important time?

Thank you.
Dont go CI until you have around 5k ES in softcore or 6.5k in HC. Thats the general rule. But if you have 4k es and you can respec 4 points from the life nodes then go I with 4k. Thr three nofrd brhinf the CI node can get you to 5k ES easy if you have decent es gear. Im doing another build and i respect into CI at 63 becayse i had 4.9k ES, with the nodes behid CI i got to 5.8k es.
Nice build man. Can this be done with Discharge? Do you try it maybe?
Hard to do with Discharge, but it could work pretty well with a Romira's Banquet.

Can't test sadly, because I uninstalled PoE for the time being.
So bossfighting consists only of Cyclone? Not that the dmg was bad for that purpose...

I got a question:
Can you do this with Discharge and just a Romira's Banquet for the PC-generation? You can't crit with Cyclone anyway...

Awesome bulid, ty
Would a writhing jar help for killing melee on boss fights with no spawns?
Still viable in 2.6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info