[2.3] The CI Living Bomber(Vaal RF/Lameblast)[Video Guide/explanation]

Hey guys so recently I've gotten back into one of my old builds and decided to remake and remaster it so after considering my options i slowly put together a okay character in hardcore prophecy and made it to lvl 87 before dying to a random rare box but other than that the build worked great and leeched off single targets to full ES and cleared faster than any build I've rolled this league. So without further ado here is a quick guide on the character and how to lvl it.

-------

The Video Showcasing it

-------

The Progression

So basically what you're going to want to do is grab firestorm asap and preferebly lvl with that in a life sprig with off hand aberaths with the links firestorm - conc - faster casting till flameblast which you then switch conc for controlled destruction/prolif. Also you want to lvl as life all the way up to lvl 69 as this gives you the most availability to maxing out your es on the spot as well as getting plenty of refunds along the way to easily do this switch to es.

30 points

60 points

90 points

The end

Ascendancy choices
Elementalist is the best for this one without a doubt but if you were looking to do a none prolif version and just use vaal rf for bosses and nothing else i would recommend the occultist or assassin.

Gear to Grab
With the introduction of 2.3 a new chest was unleashed which was rather beastly for this build and really helped keep it alive and kicking as well as boosting the damage pretty considerably. This chest is none other than the Beast Fur Shawl and it enables a ci character to get good es and get aoe in one piece as well as a big spell damage boost. Other than that the gear is pretty basic for CI and the weapon BIS being doryani's catalyst, second best is the supreme truth. As for enchantments. What you want on helm is RF radius, on gloves the fire nova one, on boots the leech on kill enchantment. Also new to me is Kiara's Determination which after using i have found to be very good for this build as we just need the short stun immunity to help us guarantee a cast as well as being perfect for opening boxes and giving us some sweet cast speed. I combo the flask with overflowing chalice to help keep all other flasks up while giving a 40% damage boost.
Spoiler

Gems and priority links
Spoiler
Vaal RF - life leech - increased aoe - fire penetration - controlled destruction - chance to ignite/burn damage

cast when damage taken - immortal call - increased duration - vaal discipline

Flame dash - orb of storms - increased crit strike chance - faster casting

Blasphemy - flamebility - warlords mark

Flameblast - faster casting - controlled destruction - fire penetration

discipline - flame golem - culling strike/minion res

Jewels
Two jewels are required in this build and that is the sacrificial harvest and Energy from within, this enables us to more easily chain Vaal RF and get a considerable amount of ES

FAQ

Q:Is this Hardcore viable?
A:Absolutly but i would not recommend it for a beginner as there is a few things you must be very carefull of that you would usually not have too big of an issue with. These things too note would be very careful of Proximity shield, divine shrine, and visual desync, Immortal mobs prevent leech which means you are put in a very risky position and very likely of dying after vaal rfing, visual desync is caused by effects loading off screen from you and not showing properly on your end, the most dangerous form of this is proximity shield desync where the shield may not show but you can see the effect on the mobs if you look carefully. Echoing shrine is another very dangerous thing as it echos your vaal rf which means after you killed everything with the first leaving nothing to leech you are put at 1hp as you hit nothing. Fire resistance is something you must pay attention too as it heavily changes the amount of targets required to hit to leech decent es back, rakangos being the absolute worst of all.

Q:Is the damage good?
A:Without Vaal Discipline which i planned on using eventually i oneshot every single boss i had fought and the playstyle is very fast once you get used to it.

Q:Why no chayula?
A:If you want to save points on tree to try and get es instead by my guest but i feel the es gain from a good Rare amulet is much more worth it as well as giving us the option for more res.
Last edited by GooGeish on Jul 2, 2016, 12:21:46 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 2:42:09 AM
Ascendancy?
"
weapon BIS being doryani's catalyst, second best is the supreme truth

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Singularity

?
Last edited by pnky on Jun 26, 2016, 1:04:05 PM
"
pnky wrote:
"

?

Singularity sadly doesn't work with normal rf at all, maybe it works for vaal rf tho. no clue.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
pnky wrote:
"

?

I found the aoe of singularity to be too small to get the damage boost for the whole screen, but probably better if you're looking to get more single target
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Ascendancy?

added now, thanks for the reminder. It's elementalist btw.
How about Heretic Veil to blasphmey to have lower mana reserve or the vertex for lowest mana hungry flameblast + lvl to it? how you think?
"
How about Heretic Veil to blasphmey to have lower mana reserve or the vertex for lowest mana hungry flameblast + lvl to it? how you think?

you could do this if you had the spare currency to shed out to get more res on other gear. i personally like the ease of just using a rare helm and i don't find the flameblast too be too bad to deal with. the value point for 4% reduced reserved would also help if you felt you needed it.
Your Build little changed for more c.speed to FB :P I record video to show my friend how build works, this is first map after he pm me :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKwaD9ghVo

Enjoy
How did you complete the Labyrinth in Merc/Uber? Seeing as Vaal RF is useless in the the Izaro fight, would you swap Flameblast into the chest as a 5-link?
Loving the build so far, so much fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info