Orb of Augmentation on unidentified items

Hi,

This is VERY MINOR, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

If you try to orb of augmentation an unidentified item (tested with some types of gear & maps), you can get two different outcomes instead of the expected one outcome.

If the item has too many mods and the orb of augmentation would fail because of this, you will get the message "Item has no space for mode Mods."

However, this validation is not relevant as you are never capable of applying an orb of augmentation to an unidentified item anyway. This is proven by trying to orb of augmentation an unidentified item without the maximum number of mods, at which point you get the message "Target is not identified."

I'm willing to bet Exalted Orbs have the same behavior, but I seem to have misplaced mine for testing =X.

Nothing bad can really be done with this other than know if a magic item has 1 or 2 mods while it is still unidentified, which I'm not sure is too relevant.

Hope this helps. No screenshots as it is easily testable ingame.

Bug reference #1,633,371,261.

Cheers,
Bouture
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 8:12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting, thanks for the report! I'll pass this on get looked into.
"
bouture wrote:
I'm willing to bet Exalted Orbs have the same behavior, but I seem to have misplaced mine for testing =X.

Bug does not occur with Exalts. Just tested on 25 unid belts. One of them had 6 mods, but all of them said "target is not identified" when attempting to Exalt unid.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info