[2.2] LL Trickster CoC Cyclone - Bladefall, Shock Nova - 10k ES, 40k Eva

Introduction
This is by no means a cheap build - it's more aimed towards the middle class. My gear at this point probably has cost a total of 20ex at current market prices, but it offers insane safety for the money you put in.

Required Items:
- Shavronne's Wrappings (preferably 6L) (5L is doable, see notes below)
- Multimodded Vagan Dagger

We are going low life CoC Cyclone with Trickster. Our whirling blades and cyclone then cost no mana, and we get a healthy boost to EVA. I am currently sitting at 9100 ES without perfect divines on my rings and only a 400 ES shield, so we can easily push 10k with a level 21 discipline, 20% on both rings, and a 500ES shield, which is really quite amazing for a low life build. Our evasion is also 25000 with flasks up. This can easily push 30k with higher levelled Grace and better Jade roll, which is quite amazing for an ES build. We also do have 5% dodge and spelldodge, as well as a 20% more multiplier to evasion change which is almost constantly up.

Flasks are very important to this build, as our jade takes us from 5k->25k eva while up, and our other flasks keep us safe in red maps. Surgeon's flasks can stay up almost 100% of the time, so with Silver and Quicksilver flasks up, our cyclone moves faster than most people run.

Our spell damage scaling comes mostly from crit multi, as we have 70% crit with charges up, not including Assassin's Mark, so facebreakers and multi from tree are a huge boost to our dps. The damage that this outputs is incredible - I was able to easily clear T15s with only level 18 gems, and solo 3 man T13s. Videos to come once gear is optimized.

Just as an idea to how safe this build is, I did not die a single time while mapping from 62-88.

I was able to clear everything but phase 2 core malachai at only level 86 with level 18 gems and 8K ES, so I will try to upload a core fullclear once the build is done.

Deeps Screenies
Spoiler

Defense

Cyclone

Bladefall

Shock Nova

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks for mapping

Flask swap for curse immune/reflect/atziri etc:

As far as endgame upgrades, my jewellery is pretty set - just have to divine the rolls to 20% ES each. I will be buying a shield with higher ES and spell% if I can get it.

Skyforths are a stretch goal, but would allow you to drop 2 points on the tree and a jewel socket, which would conceivably go into ES and a crit multi jewel.

Tree
Spoiler

Level 91 Trickster. Any points after this just go into ES, or arcane vision if you want it. You could do scion and witch for this build too, but I don't believe they are as versatile as Trickster.

Playstyle
Spoiler

Whirl around and kill everything. Flasks are easy to maintain because we crit 100% of the time with charges up, and our spells crit 80%+ of the time, so surgeon's flasks are almost 100% uptime. I don't keep Vinktars up except on boss fights such as Maegara where I am able to leech through the damage even while shocked. Typically, I just hit 2345

On sustained single-target fights where my power charges could run out, I use PCoC in place of Shock Nova. For atziri, I will use PCoC for split phases, and switch to shock nova on healing. This lets me have my charges up after the healing phase until the next split phase, when I swap back to PCoC.

Map-wise, we can't run phys reflect maps reliably. Elemental reflect is doable by taking out shock nova. In curse-immune maps, I use the diamond to keep crit chance above 80%. Blood Magic maps just mean we drop HoI and HoT and run our mana based auras on life instead, which is no issue.

Gems
Spoiler

Your main 6 link:
Cyclone - CoC - Crit Strikes - Life Leech - Bladefall - Shock Nova
The colors are a bit tricky - takes about 400 chromes according to the calculator. It took me 600.

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

You don't notice the fortify that much since you hardly get hit with 25k evasion up constantly.

Blasphemy - Ass Mark - Grace - Discipline

Your mana-based auras. This reserves about 99%.

BM - HoI - HoT

Your life-based auras. Can replace this with Wrath or Haste or any other 50% aura, but personally I like the feeling of HoI shatters. There's no real reason you can't swap this out for your favorite aura though.

Doing it on a 5L, or general budget tips
Spoiler

5L is doable. Drop life leech and also run Warlord's Mark Blasphemy; replace a ring with Doedre's. This is weaker IMO because of curse effectiveness on bosses, which makes you leech less and is much less comfortable.

A multimodded vagan dagger is obviously a luxury. There's nothing wrong with having just a dagger with crit chance on it - multimod was one of my last gear upgrades.

I don't really recommend doing this with under 7K ES, since it is a melee build. It shouldn't be hard to hit 7k+, but if you are struggling, drop facebreakers temporarily for a pair of gloves with higher ES.

Videos (more to come)

Spoiler
(BoE)skill=Bladefall;skill=Cyclone;skill=Whirling+Blades;skill=Shock+Nova;defense=ES;coc=true;crit=true;atziri=true;cheap=false;hardcore=false(BoE)
Last edited by VodMythic on Apr 22, 2016, 11:29:10 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2016, 9:55:50 AM
Hey, nice build, i play something like that since 2 Leagues now, infact its really pretty close.. just one thing that i really don´t get: Why do you use Shocknova instead of EK?

You could take all the jucy Phys nodes at the shadow start, resulting in much higher damage and less awkward pathing.

Perhapse check out my guide for some ideas how this works with pure Physical Spells.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526988

Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 19, 2016, 5:50:19 AM
U can use scion for berserk and trickster, put out life leech and put another spell to increase dps...also u can use the helm heretical (the one with blasphemy )
I like the look of this, looks fun and effective.

Have does this compare to say a CoC discharger?

Thanks for the guide mate.
"
Hey, nice build, i play something like that since 2 Leagues now, infact its really pretty close.. just one thing that i really don´t get: Why do you use Shocknova instead of EK?

You could take all the jucy Phys nodes at the shadow start, resulting in much higher damage and less awkward pathing.

Perhapse check out my guide for some ideas how this works with pure Physical Spells.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526988

I definitely haven't ruled EK out, which would have me respec into a similar tree. I'm currently levelling a bunch of EKs, and if the damage turns out to be much better, then I will probably try to recolor my shavs.

I enjoy the feel of shock nova though, and it definitely does enough damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info