[2.2] Indepth Guide - Low Life ED/Contagion -- DeadEye + Occultist

Leveling:
Spoiler
I level this build using spark until 12 and then fire-storm. Some other alternatives are spark or blade vortex. I went life base until I could go low life at level 62. For bandits I chose passive point for all three acts as my build uses no charges. I would recommend using Lifesprig up until 24 when you can Reverberation Rod. Would consider using Crest of Perandus shield for a large amount of life early on as you are starved for life points. Goldrim is best choice for helmet. Seven League Step are expensive but well worth it. An alternative to this is Wanderlust. Lochotional Iron Gauntlets are great for early cast speed. For rings I tend to use Elreon's for the minus mana cost to skills. For amulet I use the Karui Ward for movement speed. For the chest I generally use Briskwrap or Foxshade for early movement speed until cruel lake and then switch to Tabula Rasa. Briskwrap provides cold resistance and Foxshade provides more movement speed at cost of having no resistances. Great idea to level up the gems you will need for the build in weapon swap and spare slots on gear.

Leveling Passive Tree:

Pros And Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:

Can do any map mod.
Fast clear speed.
Decent survivability.
Relatively cheap to gear.

Cons:

Low life so susceptible to stun and status ailments.
Can be expensive to gear if you want high damage.
Can feel weak in parties without abyssal cry.

Budget Gear Breakdown:
Spoiler
Cost:

5 Link Shavronne's Wrappings - 3.5 exalts
300 energy shield + helmet/ shield - 10 - 20 chaos each
rings amulet belt - 5 - 10 chaos each
boots gloves - worth spending 20 - 30 chaos each
wand - 5 - 10 chaos high spell damage open prefix
rough estimate of total expense - 5-7 exalts

Budget Tips:

If I were to do this build in a five link I would drop Empower.
Work on buying a 20/20 Essence Drain as soon as you are level 68 and can use one.
Try not to push high content if you have a low amount of energy shield.

Gear:
Spoiler

Reasons For Gear:
Spoiler
This build focuses on high rarity and lots of energy shield for survivability. Try and get as high energy shield as possible as this build cant rely on vaal pact to always be at full energy shield and often relies on regeneration from zealots oath to survive. The status ailment immunity affixes on the flask are very important because this build is low life which means it can easily be effected by shock and freeze and other status ailments. I prefer to have cannot be frozen on my sulphur flask as it uses the least amount of charges out of the flasks you would want this affix on and is the most important to have immunity to. The damage over time affix on my wand was crafted at Leo's master bench. A reputation level of 3 is required to do the craft so if you do not meet the requirements you will have to get another player to do it for you. The enchantment on my glove is actually very useful. It has only a five second cool down and creates a patch of chilled ground similar to the effect of vaal lightning trap. It is important to note that you don't want to have any cast enchant that is related to physical or elemental damage as it prevents you from safely doing reflect maps. The enchantment on my boots is great to aid in the fight against stun. The enchantment on my helmet is the best enchantment for this build in my opinion. Almost all of my gear has been divined to close to maximum rolls. Some I got lucky on, some took as many as ten divines so its all a matter of how bad you want to minus maximum your character.

Future Gear Aspirations:
Spoiler
Would like to get higher rarity rolls on gear and upgrade a few of the lower energy shield pieces. Possibly swap to Divinarius for the Increased Area of Effect (aoe) and Whirling Blades Fortify instead of flame dash. Another dagger option would be Consuming Dark.

Passive Tree:

Reasons For Passive Tree:
Spoiler
The passive tree I put together focuses more on survivability than damage. The increased area of effect nodes are a great buff to your contagion spread and in my opinion needed to make this build work efficiently. The large amount of aura nodes are needed for enough aura reduction to fit 2 curses in blood magic reserve. I tried to be as efficient with the tree as I could which was made fairly easy with all the extra points from bandits and ascendancy.

Game-play And How To Survive:
Spoiler
First order of business is learning effective ways to apply Contagion to packs of monsters. This will spread the Essence Drain Damage Over Time (dot) to the pack of monsters, and makes for a deadly combination. Once you have mastered applying Contagion you must then work on aiming and applying Essence Drain. This can be tricky at first, but won't take long before you are skilled at it. I mainly only drop Wither Totem when I'm facing a boss I know can take some time. Try and always have your potions up as you are clearing maps to keep yourself safe. Your evasion plus physical damage mitigation from your potions makes you quite strong. I have 28% stun avoidance from heart of oak passive and 65% stun avoidance if I have killed recently from the enchantment on my boots. I also have 37% stun recovery. Have not had a problem with stun at all.

Map Mods And How To Deal With Them
Spoiler

No Regen -
Bring a mana potion! I drop my sulphur flask for one.
Also drop clarity as it has no use.
Be careful because you only have your energy shield recharge to rely on.
Blood Magic -
Very painful! Not doable without health potion and single curse..
Curse Immune -
Replace Enfeeble and Temporal Chains with Purity of Ice and Lightning.
Elemental Weakness -
164 elemental resistance is needed for tier seven and above.
169 elemental resistance is needed for tier twelve and above.
Rest Of Mods -
Easy no brainers!

Character Sheet:
Spoiler
Flasks are active. Screen shot taken in hideout.

Flasks are not active. Screen shot taken in hideout.

Map Clear Videos:
Spoiler
Character Level - 92
Map - 76 Gorge
Map Mods - Vulnerbility Magic Monsters Beyond

Youtube

CI Discharge Gear Showcase:

Any feed back on the build would be appreciated. Any suggestions will be taken into consideration. Build was created in Softcore Perandus league.
Last edited by pathofexilegod on Apr 14, 2016, 1:45:42 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2016, 5:37:05 AM
I have been following pathofexilegod throughout his creation of this build, it is solid, fun to play, and feels smooth as hell, just keep dropping contagion, ED, then keep running, repeat until the sound of sweet loot drops or the end of the map :)
Bump for trading manners :D
Nice build! :D
Following~
How do you mitigate getting stunned? Most low life builds I've seen either use Chayula or Lion eye's paws (or skyforth if their filthy rich) for that. Maybe thats just for HC though...
I have 28% stun avoidance from heart of oak passive and 65% stun avoidance if I have killed recently. Also almost at 40% stun recovery. Have not had a problem with stun at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info