[2.2] Crit Freeze Chaos Sparker / Atziri Viable

I'm Currently Level 90 in PSC and found T1-T10 maps to be easy (still building map pool). I have ripped to me being stupid and testing stuff but a real death i did have was spawning Haast in a Double Beyond T13 and getting gibbed, Need a Better Graphics Card XD.

So at the start of the League I was wondering what to play and after playing the content a bit i settled on Life Based spark.

The Everything was going well and i was able to gear this really easy with only rares and able to do the content well into T5 maps. But with 3-5EX of currency sitting in my stash i decided to fool around a bit and landed on The Freeze Chaos Sparker.

How to freeze, shock and poison: Call of the Brotherhood will convert 50% of spark's lightning damage to cold damage. Pyre will then convert the cold part to fire damage. Half of the fire damage will then be converted to chaos damage by the Consuming Dark. In the end spark's damage will be 50% lightning damage, 25% fire damage and 25% chaos damage.
The Three Dragons allows the lightning damage to freeze enemies which then also get shocked due to the Call of the Brotherhood ring. Those not frozen can be shocked by the fire damage portion.
Because of the Consuming Dark the chaos portion will also poison enemies.

Current Gear

Lioneye's Vision Is a Great Chest for this build and allows a 7 link Spark, If you want to Roll a tankier version Lightning Coil Is a Great option

Flasks

The Vinktar's Should Be Adds #-# lightning damage to spells.

Jewels

For Jewels you want to look for Vivid of Archery magic jewels, regal them and put them on.

Best in Socket Jewels should be
Vivid (% Life)
of Soaring (Projectile Speed)
of Archery (Projectile Damage)

And choose between either Humming (Lightning Damage) or Harmonic (Cast speed while dual wielding)

Enchantments

Helm : 3 Additional Spark Projectiles
Boots : % increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
Gloves : of Frost / of Winter

The Additional Sparks puts us at 11 projectiles a cast, the other spark choices where Damage and Proj Speed. Damage is not as helpful because the others allow more area to be covred and 30% increased proj speed vs 3 more sparks I will choose 3 more sparks.
Boots are to help clear and get to other packs with Whirling Blades faster.
Gloves are mostly defensive i believe any of the on hit 5 second Enchants would work.

Passive Tree, Bandits, and Ascendancy

Core Spark Nodes

103 points

118 points

Bandits Oak ,Kill , Allira

For Ascendacy You want to Get Deadeye ASAP the 50% pierce along with the pierce gem gets you 100% which is a Big boost to damage. Grab Berserker For the Life Leech.
[/spoiler]

Gems

Spark Shoots 7 projectiles starting at level 17 and you can gain 1 more from Deadeye and 2-3 more from a Helmet Enchantment

Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce + Faster Proj + Added Chaos + Increased Duration

For Utility I use

Vaal Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce + Faster Proj / Added Chaos

Wither + Spell Totem + Faster Casting

CWDT + Immortal Call + Inc Duration + Molten Shell

Vaal Spark and Wither for Boss fights get a large amount of Poison Stacks onto bosses which get them down fast.

For Auras I use

Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark
Clarity
Arctic Armour / Discipline

Herald of Ice and Assassin's Mark grants the ablility to offscreen mods and still get power charges off them, Where Herald of Thunder keeps it on tougher mobs and packs
If you have enough of a mana pool for HoI HoT Clarity Discipline run that if not drop Discipline and run AA

I use a Ball Lightning + Slower projectile + Life leech for Izaro fights when i cant hit everything on the map (Portals, Fonts, etc...) i put this into my chest.
If you can Face tank most of Izaros stuff i would go with
Incinerate + Faster Casting + Slower Proj + Added Chaos + Life leech

Videos
Gorge Run
Atziri on lvl 19 Gems

Build Update:
So i've hit lvl 90 and the build is really great you have stuff on perma freeze and off screen stuff that you rarely get hit. I have made it into T13s and T14s and its rather easy (just need to play back and not be gun toting into packs).

If you have any suggestions for the build or formatting / addition i should do to the forum post please tell me :)
IGN: TripleSixStorm.
Last edited by Azazelx53 on Mar 17, 2016, 12:03:01 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2016, 9:39:10 PM
*Reserved*
Edit: Reformatted Guide, Added More descriptions, Added Enchantments
3.9k EHP? Despite you having a lot of damage, you solely rely on vinktar's to keep you alive. Good build, but seems a little squishy
"
zer0code wrote:
3.9k EHP? Despite you having a lot of damage, you solely rely on vinktar's to keep you alive. Good build, but seems a little squishy

I am up too 4.2k hp now which is still low but yea its more hp.

Vinktar's is mostly used for reflect i leech enough with Beserker and Atziri's Promise when im in trouble which normally doesnt happen because mobs are frozen / off screen when they the get hit.

But yes Build is very squishy.

Edit: Also wither totem acts as a buffer from mobs and Reduces movement speed.
Last edited by Azazelx53 on Mar 15, 2016, 4:25:11 PM
Updated, Changed Auras and Posted an update of my build in maps
Last edited by Azazelx53 on Mar 17, 2016, 12:03:39 AM
Looks good, gonna try this weekend. I have a scion wandering around with 0 skill points distributed, since last skill reset. It will be a good material :) Thanks.
Last edited by VR_SZABOLCS on Mar 17, 2016, 7:36:46 AM
How do you got the 5 off coulours on the Lioneye's Vision. That would be maybe 4k Chromatics
This build has been super fun for me. I started the league knowing I wanted to play spark and looked around at a lot of builds and gave this one a try and it was a blast. I got to level 92 and then decided to try other stuff and sold some of the gear to start a new build, well now I am back playing this build again after getting some lucky drops and being able to completely deck out this build.

Anyways, just wanted to say awesome build man and I am glad that I found it.
"
JaNikCamper wrote:
How do you got the 5 off coulours on the Lioneye's Vision. That would be maybe 4k Chromatics

You really only need 3 blue 1 green got lucky with the last blue but i would use life leech over any blue socket

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info