2.1 Low Life Barrage CoC w/ Fireball & Freezing Pulse/Arctic Breath

There are many barrage CoC builds out there and this is just another one. I've taken mistletoe's build and sort of translated and laid out the basic gear and gems you need. This is a fast and simple play style and the way Fireball and Freezing Pulse cover the screen looks pretty sexy. Not for a beginner. At minimum you will need a 6L Shavs. If you have a full respec character lying around, try it out sometime. I recommend being 85+ before switching.

General Info

At the time of this post, I am currently level 89 with only 6.7K ES. Once I get another 4 levels and filling out the Melding nodes I'll probably be in the low to mid 7K area.

I've been able to clear up to t14 maps with double bosses, increased damage, increased life, etc. I've yet to try t15 as I'm still waiting on filling out my ES nodes.

Basically you try to aim for a capped crit chance (95%) with max power charges. This allows your barrage to crit and hopefully trigger via CoC gem your spells. Your spells hopefully crit and with a high crit multi and spell damage you will do lots of damage and leech.

As a low life build, I am running 1 Herald and 6 auras which includes a Purity and Blasphemy with Assassin's Mark.

Gear

My Gear

First things first, Skyforth boots are not mandatory. I happened to be able to obtain one and simply threw them in. A Lioneye's Paw works perfectly fine (at the cost of slower movement speed, however it fills in the much needed STR and DEX requirements). Yes there are much better builds that can utilize Skyforth better but if you happen to have one then they are amazing for pretty much any low life build.

Other than the 6L Shavs, Maligaros, and Skyforth, every piece of gear I have cost me anywhere from 10c to 1ex in the Talisman league.

Helmet: Look for high ES ideally >400 with a high +max ES roll. Get resists. +Mana and +accuracy are nice to have as well.

Chest: Shavs. Get a 6L, I wouldn't recommend a 5L. No to Solaris Lorica.

Belt: Doryani's (fire or cold variant), or get a tri res belt with high ES and high STR.

Gloves: Maligaro's, it has everything you need on it. As for Facebreakers, it gives you multi but you also need the crit chance.

Boots: Lioneye's Paw or Skyforth boots. Lioneye's Paw works perfectly fine as you need the stun immunity and it gives you a lot of STR and DEX which is really needed in this build. The movement speed penalty sucks though. If you happen to have a Skyforth then go ahead and use them if you want, they are absolutely amazing as it essentially gives you permanent power charges as you'll always be critting and everything else it gives is great.

Amulet: Look for crit chance, crit multi, and spell damage. Then look for STR/DEX and %max ES. Any resists are good to have as well.

Rings: Diamond rings because you want the crit chance. Aim for 27%+ on the implicit roll, pretty easy to roll. Get your STR/DEX and resists here. If you can, get one with a decent +max ES roll (20+) and then put on the Elreon mod %max ES. Accuracy is nice but a luxury.

Weapon: Get a wand with high crit chance. Mine could be better as there are wands out there with 12%+ crit. Get a high roll spell crit chance and spell damage (may have to mod it through Catarina). Accuracy is nice to have, as well as Adds X-Y fire/cold damage to spells.

Shield: High roll ES >400 ideally with a high +max ES roll. Get resists. If you can, spell damage is good too.

Gems

I'm currently running 6 auras and a herald.

3L: Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark - Enlighten

3L: Blood Magic - Discipline - Enlighten

4L: Anger - Herald of Ice - Haste - Enlighten

4L: Enlighten - Purity of Fire/Lightning/Cold - Blood Magic - Clarity

4L: this one is up to you. I personally chose Ice Golem, Vaal Haste, Vaal Discipline, and Increased Duration. I highly recommend Vaal Haste.

6L: Barrage - CoC - GMP - Fireball - Freezing Pulse - Life Leech

You can play around with the auras and heralds. You can also replace Freezing Pulse with Arctic Breath.

All gems should be 20/20 except for Life Leech and Barrage. Barrage is at level 1 with 20%Q and Life Leech is whatever you want. Clarity is going to be leveled but most likely not maxed. This will depend on your level of Enlightens. Mine is currently at level 16. Use a aura calculator for help.

Flasks

Surgeon's mods are mandatory as well as remove bleed and remove freeze flasks. Atziri's since it is very cheap and works well. You can replace the Granite flask with something better such as a Taste of Hate. Highly recommend a Quicksilver if you go with a Lioneyes Paw.

If you are in Standard/HC and have access to legacy Surgeon's mod then that is even better.

Jewels

I'm currently using 2 jewels, an Energy from Within and a rare jewel.

For the Energy from Within, put it next to Melding and the 3 life/es nodes.

For other jewels, aim for your choice of spell damage, crit chance, crit multi, or attack speed. I went for attack speed.

Passives & Bandits

Passives (115 points): here

It's a Scion start because I'm playing on a temporary league and I only have a Scion. As you can see from the tree you can go either Scion or Witch. Witch is probably better.

Why no Arcane Vision? You can't see anything right? Well at the time of making this post I am only level 89 and I'm already starved for passives. I've since gotten used to playing in crap maps like Academy and Palace. Your Blasphemy will show up on mobs that are running to you and you can see rare mobs flashy auras. Also keep your tab map on. Other maps like Conservatory where it's "kind of dark" isn't that bad. Get it if you want, it's a great QoL node and its only 2 points away.

Bandits: Kill - Kill - help Alira

Map Mods

At the moment I avoid Blood Magic, Ele Reflect, No Regen, and Curse Immune.

You might be able to do Ele Reflect if you switch up your gems and auras. Maybe flasks too. I just reroll.

Some map mods to be aware of: for low regen maps you may want to bring a mana flask or have a jewel to sustain (+2 mana on hit). For temp chains, either reroll or just do it. Just play safe and smart in general. Always be ready to pop flasks because you walked into a pack of dps modded up suppressing fire mobs while on shocked ground.

Credits

Thanks to people like Circe, Rathik, mistletoe, Terror, Kilmour, and others for all the barrage CoC and low life builds. I recommend searching their names and checking out their guides and videos.

Last edited by Mistletoes on Feb 14, 2016, 3:08:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info