Chaos Penetration vs CI?

This is way too important to go in the never visited pvp forum:

The Occultist penetrates 20% chaos resistance. Does that mean she lowers the 100% chaos resistance of Chaos Innoculation characters to 80%?
That means she will kill any CI character, who just have 1 life, with any hit that does at least 5 flat chaos damage... .

Either CI is dead in PvP, or they need to give them 120% chaos resistance!

Don't say you don't care about pvp, because even if so, this is plain unacceptable!!
Last edited by Soepkieken on Feb 11, 2016, 5:30:47 PM
"
Soepkieken wrote:
This is way too important to go in the never visited pvp forum:

The Occultist penetrates 20% chaos resistance. Does that mean she lowers the 100% chaos resistance of Chaos Innoculation characters to 80%?
That means she will kill any CI character, who just have 1 life, with any hit that does at least 5 flat chaos damage... .

Either CI is dead in PvP, or they need to give them 120% chaos resistance!

Don't say you don't care about pvp, because even if so, this is plain unacceptable!!
there is a huge difference between 100% chaos resist and Imune to chaos
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I think the in game display shows 100%. Im not sure if it means the same thing but it seems like it does.

Just, there was no enemy that could reduce chaos resistance up to this point so 100% was immunity.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The keystone says immune to chaos damage. Anything less than full immunity is thus a bug and will be fixed, should it occur. End of story.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
If it happens its a bug it won't stay like this dont worry. The intent of CI is to be Immune to Chaos Damage period.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Immunity is immunity. This won't let you kill CI characters with chaos damage.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"

Thanks for the official answer, Dan!

I'm really looking forward to Ascendancy, but as a pvp-focused player, I'm also scared of many of those new abilities... .
"
Soepkieken wrote:
"

Thanks for the official answer, Dan!

I'm really looking forward to Ascendancy, but as a pvp-focused player, I'm also scared of many of those new abilities... .

People play PvP?

wow I learned something today
I dont see any any key!
No, they don't, and no, you didn't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
but chris was telling me i need to refine my pvpness
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info