[2.1] Untouchable Barrage CoC Build 134k dps/ 227movement speed/ 51 k evasion / 74&75 dodge chance

Hi!

This is my first self-found build that really worked out well so that I want to share with you guys.

Ranger, Scion, Shadow, and Duelist are available.

Among those I think ranger best so I recommend you to do it with ranger. I chose Scion because I already have leveled one.

Coc dual-wielding full block build was my first build that I enjoyed a lot.

After nerf of blocks, I quit playing it. Then one day I wanted to try it again.

I already tried spectral coc so I wanted to try something different.

This time I made barrage coc build.

At first since I made enough currency to afford a shavronne's wrappings, I wanted to make Low life 7 aura build. It seemed powerful but was not really what I wanted. This is because if I want to use low life then I need life leech which restricts spells to area effect like bladefall or firestorm unless I have Sky forth. Those are great skills but I wanted to use fireball and arctic breath as I did before. Since I don't have Skyforth, I need power charge on crit to be linked with barrage. Basic set up is Barrage - Gmp - coc -power charge on crit - fire ball - arctic breath.No place for life leech. So I needed to think of a way to survive without life leech.

To deal with this problem I come up with evasion. If I don't get hit then I dont need life leech, and even if i get hit I can use life portion immediately since I would barely get hit more than twice in a row if I have enough evasion.

So far it worked well. Colonade 2 bosses deathless(I tried to see how effective this evasion is so I stood still in front of bosses but 2 bosses couldn't hit me! However I died with one smash after I tried again.). 2 bosses from residence with -maximum resist deathless. I don't think any further maps would be the problem unless it is core map.

Pros
Spoiler

1. You barely get hit. This means even when in desync situation, which I often experience, you are more likely to survive.
2. High clear speed.
3. A lot of fun!
4. High movement speed(If you use Queen of the forest).

Cons
Spoiler

1. Hard to get resists.
2. It's coc so might be laggy to some people.
3. Unless you get enough life you are likely to get one shotted by stong hit.
4. Unless you have high evasion your survivality might be not reliable.

Offense mechanism
Spoiler

Right now I have 92 accuracy with ice golem 88% crit chance, maximum 7 frenzy charges, 4 power charges. When 7 frenzy charges up with blood rage, I have 3.x aps, 4.x aps with vaal haste. 20/20 coc triggers spell 69% when I crit. With gmp I fire 8 projectiles. Fire ball and arctic breath does 6k damage with 7 frenzy charges.

I am lv83 now and my gems leveled up.

Here's new damage calculation.

DPS

= Projectiles per attack * Attacks per second * accuracy * crit chance * Coc trigger chace * spell damage

= 8*4.15*0.92*0.8823*0.69*(3853.2+3352.88)=133995 around 134k dps

Defense mechanism
Spoiler

Basically you aovid damages most of the time but when you get hit, use hp flask instantly.
You will have plenty of time to get hp before your bad luck of getting hit.

1. Right now I have 78 chnace of evasion with jade flask(50k evasion). Unless I use jade flask for just  movement speed which i do a lot, I can use it all the time. I also have 40% dodge chance from passives.

Chance to getting hits are

100x0.22x0.6 = 13.2

With enfeeble & vaal grace

100 x 0.7 x 0.22 x 0.27 = 4.158 (Since blasphemy has narrow range mostly work for the close monsters.)

I avoid 87% of attacks, and with enfeeble & vaal grace 96%!

2. I have 45% of spell dodges(30% from passives and 15% from boots), with vaal grace 75% spell dodge (also u can avoid many spells by running away with high movement speed.) and I have tested with 2 boss residence map. I can stand against lightning that dom fires for 3 to 5 second with pots. Of course it is just based on chances but I was actually surpirsed by how many spells I can avoid.

3. With these you are not likely to get more than twice of hits in short time, but it could happen like some people get mirror orbs. To deal with that situation, I use immortal call and molten shell, and skeletons with Cast when damage taken. This will buy you some time to use pot.

4. Atziri flask helps for chaos & relfect situation with bit of leech and resist.

5. Vaal skeleton does great help in boss situation.

6. Using arctic breath freeze or chill enemy which also help you stay alive

Most important thing is getting enough life so that you don't die when you get hit.

Passive Trees

Gear
Spoiler

Wand
Spoiler

Crit > Attack Speed > spell damage > spell crit >crit multy > accuracy

Use wand with 10+crit 1.5 as if it has spell damage that would be great.
Imbued wand with high crit chance is recommended but since we use at least 6 frenzy charges as not really a problem but better to have some.

Helmet
Spoiler

Rat's nest is best. Highly recommended.

With rare, get high evasion with life, intellegence and resists.

Glove
Spoiler

Maligaro is recommended.

For alternative, rare glove with high evasion, life, attack speed, and resists

Boot
Spoiler

Atziri step or rare boots with high evasion, life, and resists.
If you use Queen of the forest, movement speed is less important since 27k evasion gives you 40% movement.

CHEST
Spoiler

1. Queen of the forest

It has life, resists, and high evasion. In addition, you get high movement speed boost since you have high evasion(You can have over 200 ms with vaal haste and pots.).

2. Rare
High evasion and life rare chest is also great.

3. Tabula and 5L volls protector is available but I can't garantee survivablity.

Shield
Spoiler

high evasion(recommand over 1000), life, resists

ring/ammulet/belt
Spoiler

If you use all the uniques I recommended you will suffer from getting resists and intellegence.
This is where you can get most of the resists and intellegence.

Life, resist, crit chance, intelligence, accuracy is what to focus.

You will want to use one elreon ring or amulet with -8 mana cost if you want to spam your barrage.

Jewel
Spoiler

Get one 2 mana gain on hit from veridian jewel. it will take 50 around alts to craft. With elreon ring, you will bè able to use barrage without mana problem and run no regen maps.

In other jewel take what you nned among life, resists, intellegence, spell damage ,attack speed ,and crit chance.

You can use volley fire but I do not think it's worth using since i already use gmp and I need i life, resists, and intellegence.

Gem link
Spoiler

barrage - gmp - coc - pcoc- fire ball- arctic breath.
If you use volls protector get rid of pcoc, and if 6L get life leech or another spell.
(You can use other spells like ball lightning for fun but these are strong and safest I think)

vaal haste - vaal grace - increased duration- vaal clarity (if you have elreon ring and jewel replace it to  flame dash. this is for just walls that makes u to go around like shrine map but since you have enough movement speed, you really dont need most of the time. you can use vaal discipline but i found it doesn't do much difference and it is time-consuming when you have a lot to cast before boss.)

ice golem - minion life - vaal skeleton- grace

blasphemy - enfeeble(no elreon ring or jewel use clarity. you will have problem with mana) blood range

If you want more damage use herald of thunder instead of enfeeble.
You will constantly shock monsters and do more damage.
Also you can use it when immune to curse map.
However I like enfeeble because of less chance to getting hit and take less damage when getting hit.

cwdt -immortal call -molten shell - increased duration.

cwdt - firestorm - blind or life leech
This set up is not really worth but i think it is better than nothing.
you can use power siphone with iir  and faster attack.

Bandit

Oak - skill (or attack speed) - power charge (or frenzy)

I use frenzy charge because my char has already got it. It is not bad because you get extra evasion, attack speed, and damage. However extra power charge is better since it is coc build!

Edit :
1. With using herald of thunder i do over 134k damage with vaal haste and all charges up.
Since my fire ball and arctic breath is not lv20, there is still a room to have more damage.

2. The time I calculated evasion I was only lv 77 but when I got to lv 83 with 51k evasion, estimated evade chance lowered by 76%. Someone said when you level up, you need more evasions to keep up your chance to evade. Vaal grace leveled up so right now I have 74% dodge chance.

Last edited by Skyfortress on Feb 7, 2016, 7:32:44 AM
I've been looking for a CoC ranged build for ascendancy and i think this might be it :D. Great guide, thanks for posting!
"
Archetypezero wrote:
I've been looking for a CoC ranged build for ascendancy and i think this might be it :D. Great guide, thanks for posting!

I am glad that you find this helpful XD

Ranger is going to be really good with coc build in ascendancy along with shadow and templer.

Especially in ascendancy this high movement speed will help you avoid traps.

Good Luck!
u should know the cd time for coc gem is 0.05 sec,right?
this means the maximum atk spd of ur barrage + gmp , should be lower than 2.25

tips: GGG clainmed, barrage has a 40% wind-up time before shooting projectiles simultenoeusly.
i'm curious, what's the highest content you reliably clear with this build?

Is it atziri viable? uber? t15? t14?
Last edited by Archetypezero on Feb 12, 2016, 2:56:38 PM
"
Won_noW wrote:
u should know the cd time for coc gem is 0.05 sec,right?
this means the maximum atk spd of ur barrage + gmp , should be lower than 2.25

tips: GGG clainmed, barrage has a 40% wind-up time before shooting projectiles simultenoeusly.

Wow I didn't know coc has CD!

However even if it has 0.05 sec of cd as you said, it doesn't really matter. To have bottle neck with 0.05 sec of coc cd, u need to have over 20 times of activation of coc. Right now I triggers coc 18.8(=8*4.15*0.92*0.8823*0.68) times per second which is lower and this is when i cast vaal haste so it shouldn't be a problem.

If I happen to have better weapon or jewel, I might take off some crit or as nods and get some life! Thank you for advice.

"
Archetypezero wrote:
i'm curious, what's the highest content you reliably clear with this build?

Is it atziri viable? uber? t15? t14?

I can't play for a while so I can't tell. So far with lv83 char, T10 was the safe content including bosses. But I don't think this can run uber, core, vaal temple(t14 trio map). Atziri should be possible though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info