Arctic Boss KIll race is the worst

As the topic suggests, this has been the worst racing experience for me. Having those cold circles surround me in a tiny-ass room, where I can't move without taking substantial amount of damage. Apart from this, these cold clouds move around, or rather, towards you. I died (but you already know that because of the saltiness) in Harvest in a small corridor blocked by mobs and unable to move, while a couple of cold clouds were raping my health.

So, here's the thing. Sure, the race was fun at first, because of the strongboxes. However, simply having these clouds chase you doesn't make it challenging. It is annoying. I didn't feel the challenge. I felt like i'm wasting time by trying to evade the clouds and playing piano on my flasks. It is a disaster, not a challenge.

/rant over
Personally I really enjoyed the 'race.' It was nice to have it be more of a challenge and less of a time thing (only those awake at the beginning could really push for time).

It was intense and had me panicking a few times (Belly 2 piety fight was insane. If it weren't for all those ads to keep my flasks up I would have been a goner. That fight was the closest I ever came to dying in the entire challenge).

This was something where:
a) building tanky paid off
b) was more of a skill challenge than a race (really really liked this; it was possible to get 100 pts if you simply finished).
c) when you started didn't matter with respect to above
d) enough loot dropped (strongboxes) to make a respectably strong character

Best race event I've ever played, hands down. It catered to both the 'gotta go fast' players, as well as the players looking for a challenge who aren't concerned about time.

Finally, clouds in corridors was super scary, esp if your char (like mine) had no movement skill.
This item really carried me through those situations though:

Overall the race left me very satisfied.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Personally, I experienced some very frustrating deaths :
- Died while 'helping oak' : just the time to click on Oak then click on "Help Oak" I had 2 tornadoes that popped under me. The time I realized they popped and moved, another tornado popped again under me and died.
- The docks, open space : the entire screen was white, I found "at the last second" a free spot (was already rdy for a quick delog). Just arrived at the "safe" place, another wind popped right under my feet and removed the last 5%. I was res capped...
I should have taken a screen of this one and post it on reddit 'cause it was really impressive.

There are also lots of moment where I had to wait in narrow passages because winds kept popping and popping + lots of back tracking.

I enjoy BLAMT races more than this one
Last edited by neoatomium on Feb 7, 2016, 10:13:26 AM
deleted
Last edited by neoatomium on Feb 7, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
I have to say I really enjoyed the race, even with predictive mode it was a blast. DIEsync was crazy, which made it even harder to play.

The challenge was awesome, almost died because of the degen many a times, but thanks to always having a portal near by. I don't think I've used as many portals in any race as I did in this one.

Thanks GGG we need more races like this. Maybe not as long but could be use in new races.
This would make Descent Camps very difficult as well.

And no I'm not a top races at all, just enjoy the challenges and different gameplay.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info