[2.1] Acrobatics Essence Drain - beginner friendly, cheap, all maps viable, easy atziri

Introduction

Welcome to my essence drain build. I am playing PoE more like 5 years and this is my first build. I deciced to publish it, because i am very satisfied, how build works and maybe, some advices may help you.It is cheap build, you dont need any specific expensive items and can do all map tiers and mods. Build works for shadow same as witch, only small changes needed. It is HC viable build.

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmK5ecd_lVE - Atziri run with arcane effect skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry-TAufWDUA - Vinktar Square map

Budget

From 1 ex to 20 ex. As much you invest, as better you will be. Build works fine with 4L only, but I recommend 5L or tabula rasa.

Proc/Cons

+ Cheap
+ Can do all map mods
+ 3 awesome alternate skill effects
+ Atziri deathless
+ Scalability - No necessary items, you can use shield, or 2 one-hand weapons or staff.
+ Tanky with 6000 life, acrobatics and auras
+ HC viable
- Not so strong in big parties
- Curse immunite maps are quite hard
- Sometimes hard to kill monsters/totems with aura monsters cannot die

Offensive

- 24 500 dmg with 5L essence drain. 2 support gems without quality. With 6L and all quality gems, I expect 35 000 dmg.
- Vulnerability with Blasphemy. It adds 33% more dmg. Will add comparison with/without vulnerability soon.

Defensive

- 40% attack dodge and 45% skills dodge
- 6000 life
- Temporal chain with blasphemy
- life leech with essence drain
- shield block chance

About Essence Drain:

You need use it with contagion, to spread DoT damage. First cast contagion on monsters, then essence drain. Or first essence drain and while monster is not dead, then contagion.
Use Wither on high life monsters and bosses. Some ED usefull informations:

- Projectile dmg increase your damage over time on ED.
- Culling strike does not work with DoT damage (damage over time)
- Essence Drain DoT damage works against proximity shield

Passive Tree

Leveling: You can use Essence Drain for leveling. It is fun and strong during all phases of game.

Leveling Progression
30pt - 60pt - 90pt

Final Tree
112pt

Bandits

Normal - Help Oak [Life]
Cruel - Kill all [Skill Point]
Merciless - Kill all [Skill Point]

Skills

Main Skill

4L - Essence Drain, Controlled Destruction, Rapid Decay, Void Manipulation
5L - Add Slower Projectiles
6L - Add Empower lvl 3+, or Poison

Other Skills

3L - Blasphemy + Temporal Chain + Vulnerability
2L - Wither + Faster Casting
4L - Cast on Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Molten Shell
3L - Contagion + Increased Area Effect + Faster Casting
3L - Chaos golem + Minion Life + Minion And Totem Elemental Resistance

Gear

My Gear

Gear is very scalable. You can start with cheap items and you will be pretty strong.
You dont even need 5L in this build. As most you invest to your gear, you better will be.

As default, you dont need armor, evasion and energy shield. If your items will have it, it is fine. But it is not very important. Here is the list of best properties on all type of gear and possible unique choices.

Boots

Rare properties: Movement speed + life + chaos resist + 2 other resistances.
Good unique choice is Atziri boots, because it adds skill dodge, great move speed and nice life.

Gloves

Rare properties: Maximum life + chaos resist + 2 other resistances.
Good unique choice: Winds of Change, for me, it adds 2000 dmg.

Helm

Rare properties: Maximum life + chaos resist + 2 other resistances.
Good unique choice: I dont see any

Rings

Rare properties: Maximum life + all resistance + chaos resistance + mana regenerate.

Amulet

Best choice is Deadhand Talisman or Chrysalis Talisman.
Rare properties: Spell damage + Maximum life + resistances + mana regenerate.

Wand

Rare properties: Spell damage + Cast Speed + Mana regen.

Shield

Rare properties: Spell damage + maximum life + Mana regen + resistances.
Good unique choice: Saffell's Frame

Body Armour

Rare properties: I really recommend to use an unique chest. But if you dont have any then rare with maximum life + resistances
Good unique choice: Belly of the beast, Lightning Coil, Tabula Rasa

Belly of the beast - adds 800 life, best choice in my opinion
Lightning Coil - if you have problem with physical dmg
Tabula Rasa - absolutelly fine, I used it to my lvl 90

Jewels

I am not big fan of jewels. I think, they are worth only if you invest max 2 points to get them. And you still need 3 good attributes on it. If you invest 3 point, it is not very worth for you.

Rare properties: maximum life, increased spell damage, increased projectile dmg, increased dmg, increased chaos dmg

If you have any questions or tips, feel free to ask in this topic.
IGN: Safo
My Store: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1054224/
Last edited by Safo on Feb 6, 2016, 3:21:06 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2016, 7:10:47 PM
Hello,
can you post the shadow variation of this build?
Here is the most similar one: shadow

Other possibility is take upper path without nodes close to witch. I mean, not to take chance to avoid interuption nodes. But I am not sure, how important it is.
Last edited by Safo on Jan 25, 2016, 12:41:31 PM
I just started playing your build (l24 now) and I'm really enjoying it, but I was wondering a few things:

- Looking at the (60pts) tree, is getting "Sniper" and the projectile damage node to get there worth it? Most of the damage from ED comes from the DoT, instead of the initial projectile

- Would Bino's Kitchen Knife be a good weapon for this build? It doesn't have spell damage or cast speed, but it increases DoT and adds more poison contagion.
Are daggers viable at all? I feel like I can't play a build anymore if I can't whirling blades >:D
CZ? :-)
Looks fun. I've been AFK for a year or so, and this looks like a gentle way to get back in. Thx!!
I like fast, pointy daggers AND CHAOS DAMAGE... not necessarily in that order.
"
Hephoran wrote:
Looking at the (60pts) tree, is getting "Sniper" and the projectile damage node to get there worth it? Most of the damage from ED comes from the DoT, instead of the initial projectile

Well, projectile damage increases your DoT too :), so I recommend it.

"
Hephoran wrote:
Would Bino's Kitchen Knife be a good weapon for this build? It doesn't have spell damage or cast speed, but it increases DoT and adds more poison contagion.

I tried bino only to compare, how it will change my dmg. I dont remember exact numbers, but it lowered my dmg like 5000 or more.I dont think it is worth, but I have to try it to be sure. BTW it is hard to compare dmg, when everything dies for less than 1 second :)

"
Yuxakii wrote:
Are daggers viable at all? I feel like I can't play a build anymore if I can't whirling blades >:D

Daggers are viable, bino is fine, but it will noticeably decrease your dmg on tooltip. In real situations, i cant tell, dont tried it.

"
Thoriorx wrote:
CZ? :-)

SK :)
Last edited by Safo on Jan 28, 2016, 5:09:14 PM
Hi im new to poe and i started using your build, but i wanted to ask is it worth going for oak on normal.
You get 40 life from him and from your skill tree there is about 170% more life, and even with gear that boosts life that still wont be more then 150 life (i think i dont know) isnt 10% resist less damage taken then 100 life? (again im not shure)
(edit) I got my answer you hit resistance cap easly, so my question is, is 1 point better then 150 life?
(edit 2) I took the life, it seems more valuable then 1 point
Last edited by Tonnyman on Jan 30, 2016, 8:10:50 AM
"
Tonnyman wrote:
Hi im new to poe and i started using your build, but i wanted to ask is it worth going for oak on normal.
You get 40 life from him and from your skill tree there is about 170% more life, and even with gear that boosts life that still wont be more then 150 life (i think i dont know) isnt 10% resist less damage taken then 100 life? (again im not shure)
(edit) I got my answer you hit resistance cap easly, so my question is, is 1 point better then 150 life?
(edit 2) I took the life, it seems more valuable then 1 point

It is still better take 40 life from Oak and then not take one 5% health skill point, as reject life from Oak and take 5% life from skill tree. For life builds, always take life from Oak, it is worth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info