[2.1] HeaT's CoC CI Witch FIREFURY (Fireball & Magma Orb) Build

Hardcore Talisman Build - CI CoC

Triggering Fireball + Magma Orb with Infernal Mantle unique chest piece. This is not a beginners build and doesn't become good until you can secure a 6L. Overall if I were to rank it I would give it a 7/10. Lowering the score because single target damage is just average, cumbersome in a 5L, requires advanced knowledge/CI transition/expensive so ease of use is low.

Pros and Cons

Pros
+A blast to play
+Descent ES pool
+Bypasses the start-up mechanic of ES with ZO
+Makes use of talisman amulets
+Can tackle end game maps and bosses
+Decent clear speed
+All the fire covering the screen looks cool?

Cons
-Doesn't feel effective or smooth with only a 5L
-Party play with only a 5L is especially ineffective
-Heavy on your PC, low FPS, exacerbated in party play
-Single target damage could be better
-Expensive
-Not a beginners build

Stat Sheets

Defense

Offense

Gear & Links

General Info
The focus for gear on a Ci CoC character is high ES gear, Accuracy, resistances, intelligence, crit chance, crit multiplier. You will see a mix of these stats throughout my gear.

Helm

This helm set me back 1ex. It has accuracy, almost 400es, and int which further increases ES.

Weapon

High local crit, high spell, crit chance for spells are probably the most important for a weapon, followed by attack speed then accuracy. The +1 is a nice addition which get's utilized by several gems.

Ring 1

Crit, accuracy, resistances. Prefix open for a roll % ES on the ring.

Gloves

These gloves are strong because they have such a high accuracy roll, the ES roll is decent, but the high int helps make up the fact that the ES roll could be better. A nice tier 1 resist and some mana never helps. Gloves is a good item base to seek a high accuracy roll.

Chest

Set me back 9.5ex. Infernal Mantle is not a must, but it provides a nice synergy for fire builds, and in terms of DPS output probably that best? I am also a huge fan of the unique and its design. There are other options, whether they are better is personal, for example you could use a 6L super high ES chest and more than likely have 13k+ ES, which in turn will also provide more regen from ZO. Ff you prefer that defense, then it's is a better option. You would also have more aura options if you dropped Infernal. For the majority of the build I used a 650+ ES 5L chest, because it took a long time to acquire the currency for 6L mantle, but once I did the DPS and clear speed was night and day.

Belt

High ES and Res rolls for the belt. I feel the belt slot is a good opportunity to stack resists. High tier 1 rolls on a chain base are not as expensive as other belts. I don't quite remember how much I payed for this belt but I want to say somewhere between 8-12c.

Ammy1

I had to switch to this amulet when I made the transition into infernal mantle because I needed the resists. To stay, capped/overcapped.

Ring 2

This ring is decent, but the resists really prevented me in finding an alternative. Upgrades were nominal and rather expensive. I was going to reroll the %ES when I got a chance.

Boots

Rainbowstride are a nice easy option for CI builds and they are not too expensive.

Shield

The shield could use an upgrade because the base is useless, however an upgrade was quite expensive 2ex+ and I wanted to save the currency for 6L Mantle. Never got around to upgrading. %Spell, spell crit chance, high ES are optimal on shields.

Ammy2

This is what I used for the majority of the build when I did not have Infernal Mantle equipped. The 2 implicits both synergize and multiplier is a nice damage mod.

Skill Tree

http://tinyurl.com/h9g675h

Bandits
Alira
Kill
Alira

you can catch me on:
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Mar 9, 2016, 10:29:05 AM
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2016, 7:12:13 PM
interesting build. Is Infernal Mantle a must? Is there a better option? I am little unsure if this is the best fit for the build or not though it does come with nice mods that compliments fire skills. Also for weapon do you recommend wand over dagger? wouldn't dagger be a better option for crit chance and attack speed for barrage?

Let me know your thoughts on optimal gears with much currencies available. I would like to try this one out, I will look forward to your thoughts Thanks!
are accuracy and attack speed important for witch?
"
interesting build. Is Infernal Mantle a must? Is there a better option? I am little unsure if this is the best fit for the build or not though it does come with nice mods that compliments fire skills. Also for weapon do you recommend wand over dagger? wouldn't dagger be a better option for crit chance and attack speed for barrage?

Let me know your thoughts on optimal gears with much currencies available. I would like to try this one out, I will look forward to your thoughts Thanks!

Infernal Mantle is not a must, but it provides a nice synergy for fire builds, and in terms of DPS output probably that best? I am also a huge fan of the unique and its design. there are other options, whether they are better is personal, for example you could use a 6L super high ES chest and more than likely have 13k+ ES, which in turn will also provide more regen from ZO. if you prefer that defense, then it's is a better option. you would also have more aura options if you dropped infernal. for the majority of the build i used a 650+ ES 5L chest, because it took a long time to acquire the currency for 6L mantle, but the dps and clear speed was night and day.

barrage doesn't work with daggers so you would have to use another skill to proc, in terms of min maxing im not sure. i look at it as a preference thing, do you like proc with spec throw or barrage? etc.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
Rhaxak wrote:
are accuracy and attack speed important for witch?

it's irrelevant what the character class is, it's more important what the actual BUILD is. in this case it's a build that utilizes barrage, an attack that benefits from accuracy and attackspeed, and crit chance which benefits from accuracy 2 fold, the initial hit and the crit confirmation. so for this build yes it's important.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"

Infernal Mantle is not a must, but it provides a nice synergy for fire builds, and in terms of DPS output probably that best? I am also a huge fan of the unique and its design. there are other options, whether they are better is personal, for example you could use a 6L super high ES chest and more than likely have 13k+ ES, which in turn will also provide more regen from ZO. if you prefer that defense, then it's is a better option. you would also have more aura options if you dropped infernal. for the majority of the build i used a 650+ ES 5L chest, because it took a long time to acquire the currency for 6L mantle, but the dps and clear speed was night and day.

barrage doesn't work with daggers so you would have to use another skill to proc, in terms of min maxing im not sure. i look at it as a preference thing, do you like proc with spec throw or barrage? etc.

-HeaT

what are the most important mods for the wand to look for? i was thinking high spell dmg, high local crit, crit chance for spells and accuracy. I also thought Attack speed would be nice but wasnt sure. let me know what to look at
"

what are the most important mods for the wand to look for? i was thinking high spell dmg, high local crit, crit chance for spells and accuracy. I also thought Attack speed would be nice but wasnt sure. let me know what to look at

high local crit, high spell, crit chance for spells are probably the most important, followed by attack speed then accuracy.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
The build is no longer a work in progress. If you guys have any questions post them here or send me a pm. Thanks for checking out the build.

Also, Onizuka let me know what you think of the build and how it worked out for you, interested to hear your experience and thoughts!

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Build looks really intresting id like to try it with ascendancy, just not sure if i should go occultist or Assasin, what would you pick and why?
Did you try chain instead of GMP? The volley fire adds a few extra shots, too bad you can only use one though.
Could be fun anyways.
Last edited by mac2monster on Feb 21, 2016, 2:47:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info