[2.2] Ele Spectral Throw (Crit Sword), Videos up, 100k+ AoE, 160k+ Single Target

Hello,

THIS BUILD DOES NOT WORK AS IN THIS GUIDE!!

I tested my "old" Spectral Throw charakter in ascendancy and i feel ready to rewrite my "guide" a little bit. I also added 3 Videos that should show the build a little better.

Q: Is this HC viable?
A: More then it was ever before

Q: Why dont u play low life?
A: I hate low life, No panic pots :P

Q: Is low life better then life based?
A: If u look for DPS, yes.
Q: Why is that so?
A: Because you are able to go inquisitor and ignore elemental resistances

Q: So, Why would i ever play this over low life then?
A: It's cheaper, It's not slower by a large margine

Pro's:

- Whirling Blades
- All Elemental Resit flasks
- Decently High HP Pool for it's damage and clear speed

Con's:

- Punishes mistakes fast
- Gear changes in price everyday from 1c-1ex depending on whats meta right now

Leveling:

I don't know who at the GGG office was so kind to buff ST, but i gotta thank him. Leveling as ST is finally viable again.

Mathil made a good video about leveling in detail, but the video is outdated just the leveling part is still on date.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUeK3pmu-g (Leveling part can be found at around 17 minuntes into the video

Long things short: U grab yourself Elreon Jewellery, Fidelitas' Spike, Throw on your auras, grab a tabula and then let the grind begin :)

Skill Tree:
Spoiler

Ascendancy: Assasin + Berserker

U are just dropping the mana leech in the duelist area, If u are playing HC and cant aquire actuity
and go BM on a 6L. (and if u are having a 6l, but no acuity)

Bandits:

Oak - Kraitlyn - Alira

Jewels:

With the changes in DPS and power that was granted us with Ascendancy we can go for:

Life + Attack Speed +/or everything that scales your damage :)

(Life is important, since your leech is also based on your total life pool)

Flasks:

Now that our life pool is this huge i managed to fit in an Vinktar's and it feels amazing.
I would go with something like this:
Spoiler

Vinktar's is a must have (can go with Lightning pen or added damage to attacks)
Taste of Hate can be swapped with a life potion or basalt flask

Gem Links:

Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Foritfy

Cast when Damage Taken - Enfeeble - Immortal Call

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assasins Mark (- Herald of Ice [If using Blood Magic on main Spectral Throw])

Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Blood Rage (- Vaal Clarity [If u can fit it in :)])

Spectral Throw - Added Lightning - Increased Critical Strikes - Weapon Elemental Damage - Greater Multiple Projectiles (- Added Cold [on Acuity Version]) (-Blood Magic [on non Acuity Version/HC])
Swap GMP for Pierce on Single Target

Gear

Q: Is flat damage also good, if i cant find a ring with a 30%+ weapon elemental damage roll in my budget?
A: A high flat roll is as good as a 30%+ WED roll

MY GEAR as an example for an Acuity Version:
Spoiler

On the current league i'd just go with a pair of shadows and dust, if u cant aquire acuity

Videos:

Atziri Run:

Gorge Run:

T12 Overgrown Ruin Run:

Feel free to leave me critique in this thread, so i can optimize the build more :)

I hope u are having a blast playing this build because i retainly do :)

2.1 Version:
Spoiler
I have seen couple of people ask on reddit if spectral throw is still viable and thought of using my free time to write a guide. Im not good at this neither is my english perfect so if u find any mistakes hit me up. Is this HC viable? Well, I got the tree from a HC player that made it to 90 .. i just went a little bit farther with gear and pulled out a insane amount of DPS

Cons:

- Quite Squishy without perfect gear or atleast decent gear
- Single Target can be a pain against fast moving enemys
- The 5L Version Struggles on certain bosses

Pros:

- Whirling blades Kreygasm
- "cheap" gear (5ex for decent/good gear)
- Fast aoe clear speed
- Can run almost any map mod

So first i wanna go into LvLing cuz thats probably the biggeest problem people have with this build. I lvled this from lvl 1 one with Spectral Throw so i actually felt the pain and drop downs of it. Either u go just Bladefall or Flametotem with the amulet (for early stage). Once u hit GMP its pretty solid in my opinion your single target struggles but i will get over it. Getting 1-2 Jewels with mana gain on hit will carry u to the leech nodes of the duelist.

Uniques for lvling u can use are classic Uniques like: Goldrim, Wanderlust, Lioneye's Paw, Tabula, Sadima's, Ignomon, Perandus, Fidelitas' Spike

I made the mistake not using Fidelitas' Spike ... u can just watch Mathil's Video about his "old crit buzzsaw" back in darkshrines he explains lvling a lit more in depth.

This Build has 2 diffrent versions a 5L Version and a 6L Version .. Ill start with the 5L version as it is the cheapest one (Carried me way up to 92)

What are the diffrences? The diffrence is u are going duelist leech on a 5L but u cant sustain a 5th support gem .. also BM in 6L smooths the curve and frees up 3 Skill points

Bandits: Oak - Kraitlyn - Alira

5L Version of my Tree:

If u have a 6l just drop the mana leech node :)

The Diffrence in those tree's are basicly just Leech vs a Jewel socket :)

For searching Jewels, i can offer u this link which helped me to look for mine :)

For Gear:

Spoiler
Weaopon:
Spoiler
around 7.5 crit 1.8+ AS per second and as much ele dps as possible

Helmet:
Spoiler
U want a Rat's Nest since it gives attack speed and good amounts of crit .. the evasion is also a quite nice bonus

Body Armour:
Spoiler
Id use a belly of the beast for the HP gain u get

Shield:
Spoiler
U can just use a Perandus, but getting your resists capped will be insanly hard. Just get something like i have, they are pretty cheap and help u getting your resists capped

Gloves:
Spoiler
U can use pair of Evasion Gloves with Resits and Attack speed if u cant afford maligaros and craft int on those :) but BiS are Maligaros

Boots:
Spoiler
Get Int on those and Resits, Since u dont need move speed its pretty ez to find boots with resit / int and then craft life on those

Amuelet:
Spoiler
U want life, int, Crit multi, WED, maybe crit chance something like what i have i guess :)

Rings:
Spoiler
U want acc, life, wed, (maybe resists) on atleast one of them, the other one basicly WED, Life, Added DMG :) prefered bases are diamond rings, but they are expensiv as fk

Belt:
Spoiler
Life, Resits, WED basicly all u need and u are set (maybe some strenght)

Gems & Links:

Helmet:
Spoiler
It's hard to get more then 3 red on rat's that why i just went with 2r2g: Foritfy - BM - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks

Boots:
Spoiler
On a 5L: U put Wrath - HoT - CoH - Asmark in there
On a 6L: U go with HoI - HoT - CoH - Asmark

Shield:
Spoiler
Im lvling my "single target" swap gem in there haveing a 20% portal for sience :P and my Wrath since im a 6L, but when u are running a 5L ud go with Ice Golem in there

Weapon:
Spoiler
Inc Duration - Vaal Clarity - Blood Rage (on 5L)
Inc Duration - Blood Rage - BM (on 6L)

Gloves:
Spoiler
CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Vaal Haste

Body Armour:
5L
Spoiler
Spectral Throw - WED - Added Lightning - GMP - Lightning Pen

6L
Spoiler
Spectral Throw - WED - Added Lightning - GMP - Lightning Pen - BM

Flasks (ToH can be swapped with a 3rd life pot or a resist pot):

Spoiler

I hope that "Guide" helped u a little bit with your way to build Spectral Throw. I made it to 93 soon 94 with this build and i might attempt Uber if i find a hope on my !deathless! atziri runs. If u wanna watch this build in action feel free to check out my stream or if u have any questions :)

twitch.tv/benda920
Last edited by BenDaa on Jun 11, 2016, 2:17:37 PM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2017, 10:56:25 AM
Updated the tree for 2.2 :)

The Buffs to spectral throw are amazing i wish everyone a good time playing it :D
Last edited by BenDaa on Mar 15, 2016, 3:32:15 PM
I can recommend a Vessel + shock immune flask, guarantees shock on bosses, fixes any leech problem and grants a dps boost

You should use a main spoiler for a gearsection ;)

Mana gained om hit jewels can help a lot too
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jan 15, 2016, 5:46:44 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
I can recommend a Vessel + shock immune flask, guarantees shock on bosses, fixes any leech problem and grants a dps boost

You should use a main spoiler for a gearsection ;)

It's not that ez to do i tho about it .. and i dont rly have "leech problems" just a 5L Version u are not able to sustain rapid attacks into the air and u have to give up either a helmet slot or a 2 flask slots for vessel i dont think thats worth but u can do it as u please :)

it's more a suggestion then a "guide" in my opinion anyway :)
ok it doesn't fix all leech without flasknodes, but you are invincible against bosses with 30% leech and leech agains reflect.

I would just never use a BM gem with 75% reservation. Either 100% with AA or HoI OR 1-2 mgoh jewels
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jan 15, 2016, 5:52:41 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
ok it doesn't fix all leech without flasknodes, but you are invincible against bosses with 30% leech and leech agains reflect

The only time i have ever had a problem with reflect was witha 6 curse support and a aura bot when i was actually hitting 150k AoE Spectral throw xD and even then it wouldnt have helped me cuz of shock stack + i killed myself with 2 blades xD
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"
Affiance wrote:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dank build bro Kappa
Do you have a video showing the damage and clearspeed of this build?
"
Snow2x wrote:
Do you have a video showing the damage and clearspeed of this build?

I have not made any videos since i suck as such things :(

But i had around 70k AoE with Maxed out gear and Lightning Pen not included in that and aroudn 108k single target :)

Edit:

The Clearspeed was just a little slower Volatxic LA
Last edited by BenDaa on Jan 19, 2016, 9:00:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info