Reaper's Pursuit: Can enemies still "evade" critical strikes?

First the item:

Reaper's Pursuit says: Hits can't be Evaded

From the mechanics thread:
Evasion also gives a chance to avoid critical strikes. If an incoming critical strike succeeds its hit roll, a second hit roll is performed to determine if the critical is evaded or not. This second roll is the same as the regular hit roll above (accuracy vs evasion). If this roll succeeds, a critical strike is scored. If it fails, the attack still hits, but only for regular damage.

So my question is: If I "roll" a critical strike can the enemy still evade it? Or does the "Hits can't be Evaded" mean if I roll a critical strike I will hit with a critical strike and thus I really don't need any Accurary at all with this Item.

It's important for a build I plan so I'm really interested in the mechanics here.

Thx a lot in advance,
K_Rot_T
IGN: Gin_Tonic

When I bought something from you, or you aren't happy with my offer, message me in the Forum and/or message me in game and/or add me in game.
Enemies can still escape the critical hit.
Their chance to evade is 0% for hits from that weapon. Chance to evade it's what's checked to 'confirm' crits, so they have 0% chance to escape being critted when you roll a crit.
I just want to know if this mod is a prefix or suffix when crafting on the Vagan Dagger with this mod!

Sorry to necro such an old thread but ive run out of options for an answer to this because i can not seem to find one even on the wiki! And this thread is where the Wiki took me to! Thanks in advance for the answer! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 3, 2015, 10:14:32 AM
had a quick look into his inventory. The weapon name was:

Vagan´s Ambusher
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
had a quick look into his inventory. The weapon name was:

Vagan´s Ambusher

Which makes it a prefix correct? im just wondering because looking through POE trade last night i was seeing daggers with multi mod with 7 affixes on them (counting the multimod which is a suffix)) and such so this is why im confused! How can a weapon have more than 6 to begin with?
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 3, 2015, 10:26:40 AM
of course

rare item cant have 7 affixes. but there are some hybrid ones like %phys/accuracy or spell dmg/mana so it may look like 7

Ok so thats the hybrid rolls that were removed then? Because i did notice as well the ones i saw like this had like for example both phys% and flat phys AND accuracy! so that makes sense to me now! Thank you very much!
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 3, 2015, 10:31:47 AM
yeah, the hybrid mods were removed from (Master)crafting options

I would prefer to have as many crafting options as possible for the cost of removing the multimod affix, but thats just my opinion:)
Last edited by Ludvator on Apr 3, 2015, 10:42:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info