[2.1] N0oah's Crit Doryani's Fister or in other terms; A Budget CoC Build.

Welcome to my Doryani's Fist CoC build!

When i first saw the Rigwald's Curse talisman i had a epiphany - i had to try out a crit unarmed build. I really wanted Doryani's to be part of the build and so i sat down to try to utilize both of the gloves main strengths; the flat attack and spell damage. The more time i spent planning the more i came to realize that i couldn't make the build utilize all of the stats on Rigwald's Curse aswell as Doryani's Fist without pathing into senseless physical nodes paired with low crit and ats stats. I decided to try it out and the moment i hit 63 it started to show some promise. That attack damage was good enough to make the attack damage mana leech nodes by duelist good enough to sustain our mana costs. The spell damage made my spells do good amounts of damage, but just low enough that i could easily run ele reflect maps without much worry when i either had life flask charges or topaz charges. I thought i'd share the build with the community because of this being quite cheap, while also making room for big improvements item wise.

Pros
Spoiler

+It's cheap. You can start out on a simple 5 link and barely capped resistances and do fine untill you can get most of your tree filled out.
+Good clear speed and it feels awesome using it.
+Alot of flexibility for spell use.
+Can clear both phys (Obviously) and ele(Miraculously) reflect maps with just your topaz and / or life flasks up.
+Again a really cheap CoC build.
+More consistent damage than normal CoC builds - with Power Charges i have round about 12k dps on my cyclone excluding my spells.

Cons
Spoiler

-Doubt it is better than a more traditional CoC build with a Vagan dagger(Way cheaper tho!).
-Has little life due to the fact that we have to pick up alot of accuracy on the tree, which sucks.
-Is not as good on bosses, but this seems like more of a general CoC problem after the GMP nerf.

Videos
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/RUisq6R--30
This map i as Gorge run. It shows how this character can do well with the mobs, but also how it struggles to the boss. Bear in mind , that at the point where i meet the boss, i'm not quite aware that he's there, which makes me waste alot of valueable pots, ultimately making me need to port back just to refresh those. Could've been done much smoother, but here said that Gorge boss is one of the harder to kill with this build. My Underground River run through below is much more smooth at the boss compared to this!

https://youtu.be/s70m_L6fwgo
My Underground River run. This is alot smoother and while i take damage from the boss, it's alot easier than the Gorge run before.

As for both of the videos, i'm very sorry for the Discord in the background, i'm used to just unhear it but when i saw the video it was plain awful. Just turn down the volume if it's THAT bad. Nothing of importance to hear :D.

The Gear
Spoiler

The one we're building around - not much to be said here. We build this instead of Facebreakers because of the synergy we get with both spells and our melee. Some may argue that their damage would be better with Facebreakers given the great Crit mult on them. I've done the calculations on my build and if you even remotely approach the amount of crit mult i already have on gear these gloves will be almost as good on the spell damage, and you will have 10 times the cyclone dps compared to facebreakers. Meanwhile elemental damage scales both our cyclone and our spells and makes it EVEN better. I build for consistency, not burst.

A really great armor piece for this build. This can be exchanged for another 5 link if you can't afford the Lightning Coil. While running Lightning Coil forces you to push alot of lightning res ( i even have lightning res on 2 of my jewels) It makes you so much more tankier. Assuming the enemy does not have any lightning pen this armor will with PoL on give you 23.4% reduced phys damage and with your Topaz up it'll give you 26.4% which is alot. As for the links i went GGRBB for the sake of running LL+2Spells. You can run GGBBB if you really want to but i wouldn't suggest it with my tree as we're squishy enough as it is. The 6-link would in almost every case look like a GGRBBB. popping an extra spell into the mix.

Just picked this up quite recently. It's awesome because of the Accuracy and the life. The base made it easy to get the colors for my special CWDT setup. More on that later. It's nice to have armor on this piece, but i'd suggest making it more or less of a stat stick as we're quite restricted with our stats on gear. We have no resists on our gloves, neither on our neck slot. We need as much res on each gear piece as possible to cap, especially with a lightning coil.

Yes. The great talisman that made unarmed crit possible. The crit mult on it is beyond great and the claw nodes is ok. We might not get any claw specific nodes on tree, but with our 6 jewel slots (Of which i personally have 3 open for rare jewels) we weave some claw crit or claw ats into the mix with ease.

Now this is a ring i'm very fond of. I'd prefer the Diamond Ring base but this have so much res on it i couldn't resist(Haha...). Get resists, accuracy and life on these pieces.

This has the accuracy and base i wanted for my other ring but they're good together, where one brings offensive stats and another brings defensive.

I run this belt because of the life, armor and res rolls. While it's good to have a belt like this, i could easily see a Doryani's lightning belt surpass this in many ways.

These boots are bad. The base is bad, the rolls are mediocre but i was greedy and didn't want to spend much currency here. The big problem i had with my boots was to get the BBBG rolls. If you can get those on a decent pair of armor/eva boots please, by all means use them instead of a pair of shitty ones like mine.

Now this is where my softcore mentality really shines through. I went for this quiver for the offensive rolls on it. The life roll is nice too i guess. If you feel like you're dealing enough damage then run a armor or armor/eva shield instead.

For the flasks i run 1 health pot, 1 hybrid, a granite, a topaz and a quicksilver.
I feel this flask setup is, when we're talking about bases, the best to do for me at the moment. If you get enfeebled against a rare necromancer mob for instance you might run out of mana. To counter this we run the hybrid pot. As for changes the rolls on the granite is awful. Go for a Surgeon's of Iron Skin instead for a way better defensive pot. The new Vessel of Vinktar flask would be absolutely BONKERS on this build, be it the lightning pen or the spell dam variant. Grab it instead of a Surgeon's of Staunching / Grounding. If you feel like you want to be more bursty (Again, against lightning res monsters, bosses and so on, you can also run a cheaper option instead of a Granite which would be Atziri's Promise - again very softcore minded as you wouldn't ever want to run w/o granite in any other scenario than faster clear speed.)

Optimally i'd want to run a 6-link Lightning Coil, run a good armor or armor/eva shield with lightning res so that i could use better jewels - run a good pair of armor boots and have better rolls on my Doryani's. My rings could be better giving me more spell damage, life, res and accuracy so that i could spec out of accuracy on the tree into life nodes and running a Vessel of Vinktar instead of my current lightning flask with lightning pen would be awesome. As stated before this could bring big improvements to the current skill tree defence wise. All i want to say with this is that we could greatly optimize the build, while still reminding you that this build can be run with barely optimal gear and still prove useful in lower tier maps, giving you good time to gear up for the later maps. I'm playing another build right now, but i really do think that i could push higher map tiers with this build if i optimized a bit - but then again this guide serves more as a guideline rather than a strict to-do list for a setup like mine.

The Gems
Spoiler

We have 3 gem setups in this build:
Our main setup (cyclone), our Curse on Hit setup and our CWDT setup.
I have what seems to be random gems inserted in my glove slot, but this is only because i run a quiver and not a shield. If i had a shield i'd run a lightning warp setup in that. I will take a rundown of each setup:

For our main skill setup we use Cyclone as our COC enabler. Being unarmed we don't have much choice but to use this skill, but just because it's our only choice doesn't mean it's bad. Not by a long shot. With it's quick attacks and reliability on our movement speed being high to dish as much damage as possible it places some requirements on our gearing (especially on the boots - everything below 20% is NOT recommended) but when we get over those hurdles it is amazing to use against packs.
I run:

Cyclone(g)-Cast on Critical Strike(g)-Life Leech(r)-Shock Nova(b)-Spark/Arc(b) in my 5 link.

You may ask: "Why are we running lightning skills? The gloves might give lightning damage, but it's flat!" Well. That might be, but this serves to give us:
a) More jewel freedom - we can now get some really cheap jewels with claw ats(Given Rigwald's Curse), melee crit mult and lightning damage.
b) Screw freezing or igniting, we wanna shock - even those big bad Skeletal Colossi!
c) We need to stay in the lightning theme BRO!
d) And this is really the kicker - be able to pack so much anti reflect in one topaz flask that we can run ele reflect maps if we want to (albeit a little more careful than usual).
You could ofc run other spells like Ice Nova, Fire Storm or the like but i suggest keeping to lightning spells like Arc / Spark / Shock Nova / Storm Call. Of the Four i find Shock Nova and Arc more consistent for clearing where i find Spark / Shock Nova better for the boss. For a 6 link i could see Spark / Shock Nova / Arc be the more consistent for clearing while replacing Arc with Storm Call would be better for bosses.

Curse on Hit Setup ( Damn those colors ):

Herald of Thunder(b)-Herald of Ice(g)-Curse on Hit(b)-Assassin's Mark(b)

This setup is really nice - one could argue that Herald of Ice could be left out and this could be placed in a potential offensive shield (ES Spell crit / spell dam / life / res shield) for a much better pair of shoes but i guess it's fine as it is now. Assassin's Mark is our main power charge generator but we have a setup for bosses aswell dw.

CWDT Setup:

Cast When Damage Taken(r)-Immortal Call(r)-Blade Vortex(g)-Power Charge on Critical(b)

This is a little funny setup i conjured up when i found that the bosses were hard to generate charges on if you didn't feed them a Deadhand Talisman. I even found out that it was good when clearing aswell and would keep me up on power charges efficiently when used along with my curse on hit setup. Again were you to use a shield many new options would open up as we would have 3!!! new slots to gem on and thuse be able to make a even more efficient power charge generator or a mana generator in hard situations. This is just my current setup.

The Tree and Leveling
Spoiler

This is the level 80 version of my take on the build. There's the possibility for alot more life pathing but i find myself in a good spot right now with my current setup which is this. After level 80 you could path entirely after lifenodes, go for the Power Charge in shadow or take the accuracy rating beside Heart of the Warrior.

For bandits there's a merit to going Oak-Kraitlyn-Alira. I strongly suggest taking Oak in normal and Alira in Merciless, but if you path in such a way that 8% ats from Krait in Cruel become obsolete then do that. On my current setup though, this is highly unlikely.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwDlgSzBWYIsQ-rFCAWvxhdGbQkiyaVKU8qCyo4NZI7KDwFPC0__EbXR35KyEz_VUtXKVnzXfJfP1-wYENh4mVNZlRqk2u3bj1uqm8nbztvnnBScYVyD3Kpdwd343gNeWh7w4KbguSDCYNfg8yExYTZhXuFfYcTidOKr4w2kBGSfZRvmG-aO5pqm7WcpJ_fogCpbqyqrfG18rc-vTa-gL6nvrzAGsBmwQTDOsT2xq7KStZY2L3cI-Cf5c_oZuw47w7vfPcy_go=

As for leveling i strongly recommend AGAINST leveling with this build unless you have a steady supply of leveling uniques throughout the leveling phase, or if you're willing to use your respec points later and spec into some two-hand weapon nodes. This will easen the leveling alot, and eventhough i didn't when doing this build for the first time i'd strongly recommend doing this for others.
Last edited by N0oah on Jan 8, 2016, 8:31:21 AM
can i do this build with marauder or shadow?
Hellow Sunjuras!

As a shadow you can do it just as much as you can do it as a Marauder - if it stands between these two, the marauder will get the life just from the getgo (forget the melee damage) and as a tradeoff you then have to go through the evasion wheel to connect to the other important part of the tree - you technically lose next to no nodes on this pathing, but you will end up sacrificing attack speed + resistances and 2 jewel slots - same goes for the shadow - here you'll start through the elemental damage nodes by shadow and proceed to build as planned - going into the eva. wheel to connect the tree.

So yeah , it's really a tossup!

Do you want to build for a hp or damage - taking these two different classes in consideration that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info