[Talisman] - CoC Poison Prolif Cyclone - 4k/sec+ Life Regen, Dual Curse Aura, Max Crit, MF

New Gameplay Video! 4 minute Bog clear with new power charge generation and Bino's: https://youtu.be/q48q3FovAOI

Fracture, No Regen Jungle Valley Boss: https://youtu.be/tw9yFZCiSvE

4.4k Life Regen: http://i.imgur.com/OmJwvt0.png

Concept: Bladefall is a blatantly awesome skill, as I discovered while leveling an unrelated character. I wanted to build a character that took advantage of the new poison mechanics, and Bladefall seems like an ideal delivery system. With a little bit of tree work and imagination, the poison cycloner was born. This build concentrates on using cast on crit Bladefall and Blade Vortex to deliver lots of poison damage very, very quickly while keeping itself alive via damage avoidance and massive self-healing. This is my first self-made Path of Exile build.

Role: Pack Clearing
Secondary Role: Cursing, party healing

Overview:
Spoiler

- Very high move/clear speed
- Three sources of health sustain with LGoH, Bino's and Leech
- Dual curse aura
- High AOE and single target DPS
- Multiple layered defenses - Avoidance/Damage Reduction/Healing
- 6 permanent frenzy charges
- 3-4 power charges
- Easy to level as self-cast and transition to CoC
- Low Unique dependency. Can get started into CoC with just a Doedre's Damning.
- Party friendly! Hand out damage-reducing curses, frenzy charges, and massive healing!

Strengths:
Spoiler

- Very, very strong at clearing packs.
- Very high movement speed.
- Phenomenal clear speed.
- Lots of gear flexibility.
- Easy to start with.
- MF
- Excellent farming capability
- Many map mods are trivial to completely irrelevant, including Enfeeble.

Weaknesses:

Spoiler

- Phys reflect, curse immunity, blood magic maps.
- Single, high-health targets with high-damage single hits can and will one-shot you. If it isn't dead before Vaal Grace drops, you should probably be getting the hell away from it.
- There's a Tora quest that involves a cave with Vaal Molten Shell totems. This quest will instantly kill you if you use Cyclone within range of one of these totems!
- In general, this build *is* a glass cannon. It is phenomenal at pack-clearing and low to mid level mapping, but low health may stop progress into higher level maps. You will still level to 90 very, very quickly due to the extremely high clear speed.

Skill tree - 112 points

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df200SaVhG_IDGHidoJVS7VIjDZtbInTNj3ndOywcFKdqlWF6NaMCyoLbIylyyLqmybrFM3qBbW5fF3yYqzDOjIBBnCNvw5IGYqbtbIZTp9RR9Qj-usRluOE-wlfsITFz3p6fz7P51QwfDBxkvOQGwceDdH22spKveYk_Y193aheRXBWlS5jQxqPb57_3iP2S3iaE_DV8bODCZykTZKjijpC29RJUUtXhxPuDsDjdwf8xbcXDY2A4Yd2FfbiXmeg459ieUp9AAZ46wqb73rTfn11_ro=

Skill Tree - 30 Points for Levelling as self-cast Bladefall

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df200SaVhG_IDGHidoJVS7VIjDaJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZa3MAceFAmVLhNt8NUmiElR

Skill Tree - 61 Points for Levelling as self-cast Bladefall

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df200SaVhG_IDGHidoJVS7VIjDZtbInTNj3ndHBSnaro1ioLbIwi6gW1XfJirMM6BnCNvw5Im7VOn1FH-usRlrcwX7CExXp_MHyS8wceFAnKSo19XkWVLhNtb54j9vDVJojxs4MJTZJJUUtXwOM=

Stats:

Spoiler

+104 Str
+313 Dex
+143 Int

+136% max health
+18% movement speed
+20% mana regen
+82% evasion
+4% chaos res
+14% all res
2.4% life regen per second
1% max cold res
+3 frenzy charges
116% increased physical damage
84% increased chaos damage
99% increased DOT damage
+125% poison damage
5% of phys as extra chaos
+28% attack speed
+52% accuracy
+560% crit chance with daggers
+275% crit chance with spells
+63% crit multiplier for spells
12% reduced mana reserved
12% aura radius
1 Jewel

Keystones

Acrobatics
Phase Acrobatics

Gems

Cyclone -> CoC -> Bladefall -> Poison -> Life Gain on Hit -> ???
Abyssal Cry -> Poison -> Increased AoE -> Void Manipulation
Blasphemy -> Enfeeble -> Poacher's Mark
Vaal Grace -> Vaal Haste -> Increased Duration
Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks -> Increased Duration -> Fortify
CWDT Lvl 1 -> Blade Vortex Lvl 1 -> Power Charge on Critical --- Ice Golem

Unique Gear:

Doedre's Damning
Bino's Kitchen Knife

Rare Gear:
Spoiler

Get as much health as possible on the rest of all your rare gear. Cap resists. Try to get as much Eva as possible, along with crit%. Strength is useful, along with some intelligence and mana regen. If you get enough Strength+Int on your gear, you can regain up to 5 passive points from Str+Int notables. After that, get a bunch of MF for maximum farming potential!

Bandits: Oak, Kill All, Kraityn

Offense
Spoiler

We're a Shadow. Our offense involve FILLING THINGS WITH POISONED KNIVES, and we're really, really good at that. We have six frenzy charges up at almost all times with dual-wield daggers and Cyclone, so we're spitting out a LOT of crits to proc CoC, and therefore a lot of knives. Once we hit something it's a poison bladestorm until our foes are dead. This build does a lot of damage from the outset.

Abyssal Cry+Poison is a potent offensive weapon with this setup. Once a monster pops, the chaos explosion causes even more poison, and the rest of the crowd immediately dies in a hilarious chain reaction of explosions. This is a powerful weapon against powerful rares and bosses with packs surrounding them.

Poacher's Mark+Blasphemy reduces the Evasion of nearby enemies, allowing our own Accuracy buffs to be that much more effective, and effectively increasing our crit rate even further. This also provides us with a constant stream of Frenzy charges to increase our attack speed (and again, crit speed).

CWDT+Blade Vortex+Power Charge on Critical allows us to gain power charges from nearby monsters when we get damaged, further boosting our melee crit (potentially up to the crit cap of 95%.)

Our Ice Golem further further buffs our crits and accuracy.

Defense:
Spoiler

We're a Shadow. Our defense is to not get hit. If we do get hit, we want to be in an optimal position to take it. Our damage avoidance is proactive, not reactive.

Let's start with avoidance. Most of our defensive mechanisms revolve around avoiding damage.

Our first step is straight Evasion. We wear all-Eva armor, and we're going to have a Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes. With crit-Cyclone, it can be up nearly all the time. With even mediocre gear, that's about 16-18k evasion, which is going to help us dodge a lot of attacks.

Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics provide our second line of "always on" avoidance mechanisms. This gives us some ability to dodge spells, and allows a second chance to dodge attacks that make it past our evasion.

Our third line of avoidance is Blasphemy, in combination with our first curse: Enfeeble. This reduces the accuracy of nearby enemies, making it more likely that you'll be able to evade those attacks.

Our fourth line of avoidance is our "oh crap" button - Vaal Grace. Activating this along with a Jade Flask of Reflex sends us into ULTIMATE NINJA MODE, where almost no attacks except AOE and ground effects are able to significantly touch us.

After avoidance fails us, we need to be able to take the hits that come through. We have a few different ways to help reduce this damage.

First is our handy aura-curse, Enfeeble. Along with making us less likely to be hit, it also reduces incoming damage and crits. Awesome.

Next up is Fortify. We have it attached to Whirling Blades so we can use it as an approach skill to get in position for our Cyclone. Increased Duration keeps it going. This helps to mitigate the hits that do make it through.

Abyssal Cry provides a nice AOE slow to help reduce the number of hits coming your way.

Last, we try to put as much health on our gear as possible to be able to soak up the hits that do make it through. With Bino's+LGoH, we tend to be at full health when we do get hit.

(A Taste of Hate would be a much welcomed addition to this line up.)

Sustainability
Spoiler

We have three separate sources of health regeneration to keep us topped off and going in combat.

1. Potions
2. Life Gain on Hit from gem and Poacher's Mark
3. Life Regeneration from Bino's Kitchen Knife

Between these three, we should be at full health at pretty much all times. Our main fear will be getting one-shotted.

For mana, we'll be getting mana gain on hit from Poacher's Mark and regen from Clarity. A little bit of mana regen on gear helps.

Levelling:
Spoiler

This is not complicated - just get Bladefall -> Poison -> Void Manipulation -> Spell Echo and self-cast your way to victory. This will last you all the way up into mid-level maps. Once you're ready to switch to CoC, just refund enough points to get the dagger crit nodes and you're ready to go.

Maps:
Spoiler

Physical Reflect is completely undoable with this build, as far as I know. If you get this mod, reroll the map or RIP.

Blood magic and curse immune are both undesirable, but doable. I reroll these unless I'm doing particularly easy maps. You'll need a high-level Clarity to do either, because losing Poacher's Mark hurts.

Questions? Comments? Leave a comment in this thread. I'll be happy to answer as I can.

Edits:

- Reworked tree for more melee crit and health at expense of phys% and chaos%.
- Dropped Arrow Dancing.
- Dropped Maligaro's Virtuosity and Rat's Nest. Build can be crit-capped without these items. Replaced with more health, resist, stats, MF%.
Last edited by Myrkabah on Dec 29, 2015, 8:33:07 PM
:reserved:

Gameplay videos coming soon!
:bump:

Gameplay video online on YouTube, along with some build updates for greater survivability. Check it out! The clear speed of this build is INSANE and the playstyle is super-fun.
Cool build you have there! I was just wondering though, what is your gear like? What order did you level? What bandits did you take? And also, is it possible to do this build budget? Don't have the exalts to drop on Bino's or Mali's at the moment. Sorry this is a lot lol
"
I_HV_NO_FEAR wrote:
Cool build you have there! I was just wondering though, what is your gear like? What order did you level? What bandits did you take? And also, is it possible to do this build budget? Don't have the exalts to drop on Bino's or Mali's at the moment. Sorry this is a lot lol

Gear: Everything I have is self-found except for my Doedre's Damning, my chest, and my boots.

Levelling: In normal, gun for the phys/chaos nodes and head towards the top right of the tree for the Phys/Chaos wheel and the spell crit wheel.

Cruel: Start heading towards Acro/Phase acro and pick up as much life as you can for Merci.

Merci: Fill out the rest of the tree. Regret 8 points from damage wheels and spell crit and reallocate to dagger crit to go CoC.

Bandits are in the post. :)

Yes, build can be done budget. The video was done with just a Doedre's Damning and a 5L chest!
:bump: Updated build thanks to some help from Reddit. Now includes more health, more melee crit, fewer needed uniques, room for more health and MF, and no-effort power charge generation!
Thanks for the build mane! It's really fun, and I got a lucky Bino's drop on Docks. Lvl 74 right now, and it's breezing through maps.
Really like the idea and appreciate you putting up a build for it. Exactly what I was thinking of doing as well... thing is. This will be one of my first characters in the current league, hence I wont have much of starting currency/items and I would really appreciate an early skilltree (before going CoC) ard lvls 40-50 showcasing the initial route you took?

Thx alot mate
Hey - I updated the skill trees with 30 and 60 point versions. You're basically going to be self-casting Bladefall, which works really well all the way up into low-to-mid level maps. Cheers!
thanks for taking the time to post your build! Looks really fun, am enjoying it so far.

Only questions, you mention in your build Acrobatics and phase acrobatics, but unless I'm missing it, looking at your final tree, it doesn't show that you took it. Second thing, instead of grabbing the life/ES circle by the crit dagger circle, why not grab the life/evasion down by the Ranger's start location? The ES is only halfway efficient with acrobatics (assuming you did grab it and you didn't forget to change it or something) whereas the other gives you life and evasion along with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info