[HC VIABLE] Dual Spark Totems With Pierce (2.1) Updated with map clear video

Introduction
Ever since i first started playing PoE back in nemesis I've always wanted to play a good spark totem build. Unfortunately spark was really bad back then so there was really no point.

However back in Tempest with the buffs spark had been getting i thought it was worth giving it a shot and it worked really well.

Now in Talisman spark has received another buff which makes it really strong.

THIS BUILD IS HC VIABLE IF YOU PLAY SMART

This is my first ever build guide so let me know if something is missing.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
poeurl.com/uci

You don't need power charges unless you map at the absolute highest level as the crit just isn't needed. Without power charges I have over 50% crit chance.

As for leveling i'd say go selfcast spark/stormcall/lightning tendrils until you can pick up ancestral bond and go dual spark totem.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak/Alira/Skillpoint Unless you want to do extremely hard maps in which case i would get the power charge.

Gear
Spoiler
Helmet - Life and resists and some ES
Chest - Life and resists and some ES. Links are always good
Belt Just life and resists
Boots - Life, Resists and movespeed.
Gloves - Rares with life and resists or BiS Maligaro's
Wand/dagger - Spell dmg, added dmg, cast speed, spell crit chance, crit multi, proj speed. Anything is good here really
Shield - Life/some ES and Spell dmg/spell crit
Neck - Crit chance/multi and life
Rings - Life and resists, can get romira's banquet and run incinerate for power charges.

My Gear
Spoiler
My gear was all obtained in Tempest before i ripped to Standard so this gear is very possible to get in a temp HC League

Links
Spoiler
6L - Spark - Spell Totem - Lightning Pen - Pierce - Faster casting (optional) - Faster Proj (optional) - Inc. Duration (optional)

Then just fill out the rest of your gem slots with: Assmark, Wrath, Herald of ice, Herald of Thunder, Vaal haste, Flame dash and Ice golem (optional)

Jewels
Spoiler
For jewels i would recommend the unique jewel that gives pierce chance.
Other then that get crit/crit multi, life and spell dmg/cast speed

Videos
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YvMZtBrJS0 Doing merciless Vaal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_3Ao7rC1qI Quick shore map clear

Will add more videos later if people show interest
Last edited by GrenadeApple on Dec 15, 2015, 3:37:40 AM
I'm really interested in trying this build out,can a tabula be used?also would be nice if you could add lvling trees :)
Tabula can be used but honestly i would use a good 5L instead. Faster projectiles and Increased duration is really not necessary at all.

As for leveling trees just go for EB and ancestral bond first and get the crit/life on the way.
Then just continue branching out to other life/crit nodes.
Ok thanks and nice build.
What is manacost of totems ?
SC legues V
double void battery for more deeps?
Why cast speed path at start of the tree and not spell damage? Is cast speed working with totem's skills?
"
zaregu wrote:
What is manacost of totems ?

It costs about 100 mana or ES per totem with a 6l, and since I have around 1000 ES it's no problem.
"
alphasignet wrote:
double void battery for more deeps?

Yeah would be insane damage at the cost of some survivability, i can not afford it however
"
godace wrote:
Why cast speed path at start of the tree and not spell damage? Is cast speed working with totem's skills?

Cast speed makes them cast quicker and increase the dps.

Spell damage would probably give more tooltip dps but castspeed is better for me as i oneshot mobs when i crit anyway and cast speed gives clearspeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info