2.2 - Shockwave Totem **UPDATED FOR ASCENDANCY** (atziri viable) - We buff now *ENDORSED BY KARV*

OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS I WILL BE MOVING THIS THREAD OVER TO TEMPLAR/SHADOW FORUMS

What is up everyone, I'm wabachaw and I do a lot of things with Shockwave Totem. In this thread I will be going in depth as much as I possibly can. So here we go!

ASSASSIN VIDEO

INQUISITOR VIDEO

Ascendancy Updates *FIXED*

In this video Karv and I discuss the subclasses for Shockwave Totem
Assassin - Toxic Delivery - Deadly Infusion
poeurl.com/zba

Low-life Assassin
poeurl.com/zlA

Inquisitor - Instruments of Virtue - Inevitable Judgement
poeurl.com/yOY

Spoiler

I strongly suggest checking out the Discussion and Theorycrafting section if just for the topic titles!
Southbound Soldier Gloves grants Power Charges
I am currently testing a new set up for Shockwave totem using Southbound Soldier Gloves.

Video explaining this

This is most likely a bug that was brought up a few months ago in the subreddit. I will be making a short video explaining it so anyone who wishes to use this setup can understand it.

It has also been brought to my attention that using a Pyre Ring will do this and allow you to run Hatred still. This is probably the best SWT dps option

This thread is a work in progress...

Leveling

For leveling, you should use a combination of Fire trap and Firestorm. Try to get a pair of Deerstalker boots for your firestorm.

Waba's current gear

Bandits
The Standard
OAK - ALL - ALL

I am a total badass who gets level 95+ regularly
OAK - ALIRA - ALL

Gems

4 link

5 link

Vaal Clarity

Auras

Discussion/Theorycrafting

Cast speed and you
Although cast speed does not affect the placement speed of your totems, it does greatly increase the rate they pulse. The sooner your totem pulses after placing it, the better your clear speed will be. This also factors into your crit chance as well seeing that getting over 50% chance to crit with your totems can be pretty difficult.

Dagger versus Wand - a subset of Cast speed and you
This is a question that comes up often during both my stream and Karv's stream.

Initially, a well rolled wand with cast speed would be preferred over a dagger and this is solely because of the cast speed. Theoretically, there is a point where a dagger would become the ideal weapon but that is only at the highest levels of gear. Eg. cast speed on each piece of jewelry and cast speed on each jewel. Furthermore, I would only drop a cast speed wand for a 80% implicit crit dagger.

Spell damage is better than physical damage, its science
Spell damage has the benefit of scaling flat elemental components while physical will not. Eg. flat elemental damage on wands/daggers, herald of ice, herald of thunder and anger. In solo play this is not too substantial but in ideal group settings (see Karv's Kourner) this becomes paramount.

Power charges - Y U NO TAKE said every twitch viewer ever

tl;dr - the crit provided is simply not needed and generating power charges becomes a hindrance... greatly slowing your clear speed

Back in 2.0 when I started to play this build, I invested heavily into the power charges both in the passive tree and the merciless bandit reward. I was even using a Romira's Banquet with incinerate to generate them as fast as possible. It got to the point that the only thing that would slow me down in clearing maps was generating power charges. So naturally, I played a few maps without Power Charges and I have not looked back since.

Fast forward to 2.1 and it now costs 1 more passive point to get all your power charges... making it even more unappealing for SWT. Not to mention that this takes up at least 3 gems slots in your gear and a ring slot. Of course you could use Ice Spear and PCoC but that combo really feels terrible.

What it really comes down to though is personal preference and with the suggested trees in this thread what you are willing to drop for the power charges (hint you need 8 passive points). Play it for yourself or come watch either my stream or Karv's stream where we blast high level maps without power charges.

Poison hype train - NotLikeThis
pending

Controlled Destruction - Karv does not like this

Personally, I think this may be an option as a 6th link... extensive testing is needed though so I will update this as I find out more. Karv definitely does not approve though.

Zealot's Oath and the tale of why you're wrong
tl;dr - the es/sec you can reliably achieve while sticking to this passive tree does not support SWT and Vaal Clarity just negates this investment completely... so why do it?

Oh boy... Zealot's Oath. Originally when I played SWT I used ZO. It was only when using Restless Ward did the ES/second feel decent but I lost the 20% increased AOE from Carcass Jack causing me to cast SWT more often. Even after this, I still found myself using Vaal Clarity. So if you are using Vaal Clarity why invest so much into Zealot's Oath?

Effective HP - what even is?
pending

Karv's Kourner
Karv is currently using a double Vaal Clarity set up and triple heralds due to his group providing a generosity haste, hatred and wrath. The dream.

Grouping
pending

twitch.tv/wabachaw
Last edited by wabachaw on Mar 20, 2016, 8:57:21 PM
Last bumped on Jul 15, 2016, 3:23:32 AM
reserved
twitch.tv/wabachaw
much indept

Kappa
I am interested as fuck in this, upload the tree my brozer?
His current tree taken from his character page

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAuMEBwSzBUIHHgelDkgRLREvEZYWbxa_GjgkqiaVJy8qCyoTKwosnC0fMtE26TrYPAU9X0GWRUdFnUlRSbFJskyzUlNTUlVLVcZY5VnzWitd8l5dYeJknWaeaPJwUnIPfIN_xoIQgh6Cm4PbhTKJ04w2j_qQVZMnlSCVLpeVl_SaO5rgn9-iAKKjo_KnlK6zwGbB89D10f3VptfP2wvfsONq62Pr7uv17DjtPO9874jwH_DV8h35N_rS

I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
Glad someone is not as lazy as I am.

:-)
Easiest leveling of my 'casual PoE' life :D Shockwave just wrecks everything. Big thanks for the build.
keep it up , following this thread now :D
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
what about facebreakers for the 60% crit multi, also can be corrupted for more cast speed
Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
Would you sub out Phys to Lightning for a softcore version of this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info