Witch Cycloner! Insane DPS! 2.0

Welcome to my Witch Cycloner build!
I wanted to defy everything logical and make a witch with a 2h sword, just to faceroll everything. I decided to go with Cyclone, but with slight tweaks and adjustments, the build can run Spectral Throw, Double Strike, Heavy Strike, and just about any other strong 2h Weapon move! I just prefer cyclone because... spin to win.. ;)

I advise leveling the build as a totem build until the mid 40-50s and then switching over, because the totem nodes dont stray too far away from where we travel, so you can afford to refund with the points you received during the story mode.

Some requirements for the build to be viable end game (Atziri and Tier12+ Maps) are lvl 88+, and a High DPS 2h Sword.

Below is the passive tree at lvl88:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDjwQ8BEtFCAUcRiRGjgbqhzcIVUnCycgLPsy0TkOOlI8BTwtPfxAoEVHRrdHfkh4UEdXVFhjWfNeE18_YVJjF2VNaGVo8nKpdO12f3aseHp673yDfNmBOoIHg1-DtoPMhNmE74VShmCG0YdqiiKKs4zPjr6PGpBVksGTqJd5nleiAKknqZSsqq2Nr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbBB8T2xVPGrs9-02_Xfti92WHZfNrB3DLcPd-w5FHqGOsJ6-7vDu9O73zwH_JB8lrz3fZI9zL46_4K

Below is the passive tree I would advise at lv100:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDjwQ8BEtFCAUcRiRGjgbqhzcIVUnCycgLPsy0TkOOlI8BTwtPfxAoEVHRrdHfkh4UEdXVFhjWfNeE18_YVJjF2VNaGVo8nKpdO12f3aseHp673yDfNmBOoIHg1-DtoPMhNmE74VShmCG0YdqiiKKs4zPjr6PGpBVksGTqJd5nleiAKknqZSsqq2Nr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbBB8T2xVPGrs9-02_Xfti92WHZfNrB3DLcPd-w5FHqGOsJ6-7vDu9O73zwH_JB8lrz3fZI9zL46_4Kg_cfAgQHg9tVxkyzl5VSUz1f0B_v6ycv

Basically, from 88-100 we travel to pick up more AoE, more life, and another Jewel Slot.

Gearing
Spoiler
Ideally, on all pieces of your gear, you want high armor/evasion, HP, Resists, and Life. On your gloves, you want Life, Flat Physical Damage, Attack Speed, and some Resist. On your rings, you want Flat Physical Damage, Attack Speed, Life, Resists. On your necklace, I advise Flat Physical Damage, %increased armor or evasion, Life, Resists. On your belt, aim for Life, Armor, Triple Resists. I advise a 450+ DPS 2h Weapon for this build, with over 1.3 Attacks per second. I currently use

Jewels:
Spoiler
Your main jewel rolls should be 1: Life 2: Area Damage 3: Physical Damage with Swords or Physical Damage with Two Handed Weapons 4: Attack Speed with Swords or Attack Speed with Two Handed Weapons 5: Fill in any resists/stats you're missing

Auras: Hatred, Herald of Ash, Vitality (With lv3 Enlighten)
Aura Option 2: Hatred, Grace (With lv3 Enlighten and Lv3 Empower)
I don't feel the need to run grace on most things because my life gain on hit heals me for all the damage I take, and i can tank most hits with my flasks.

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

I switch between Devoto's Devotion and an HP Resistance-based helmet depending on the situation. The Devoto's Devotion adds ~3k Damage to our tooltip. Some other notable mentions for the build are a 6L Belly of the Beast, and 6L Carcass Jack. I would like to say that I think Kaom's is still the best, just for the purpose of tankiness, but to each their own.

DPS Screenshots:
Base DPS With Auras

DPS With Atziri's Promise

Defensive Screenshots (Mind you I am still optimizing my gear and getting it switched over to purely armor and evasion high rolls, and I have not started getting the rest of my armor nodes yet, that comes in 89-100)
Base Armor without Grace (You may opt to use grace for the loss of some DPS)

Armor with Granite Flask of Iron Skin and Jade Flask of Reflexes)

Links:
Cyclone - Fortify - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage
Link option 2: Cyclone - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic - Melee Physical Damage

Aura:
Hatred - Herald of Ash - Vitality - Enlighten lv3
Aura option 2: Hatred - Grace - Empower lv3 - Enlighten lv3
Aura option 3: Grace - Herald of Ash - Vitality - Enlighten lv3

CWDT
CWDT - Warlord's Mark - Molten Shell - Empower lv3

Mobility:
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Chaos Golem (Or Flame Golem, personal preference)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has questions, or feedback, please feel free to post. I may have overlooked some options on my passive tree, and I am open to criticism. Please feel free to comment and discuss the build with me. If there are requests for videos, I will record some. :)
Last edited by AshenProphecies on Nov 17, 2015, 12:48:49 PM
- I have found some fixes to make the build tankier and more Reliant, will update later on in the morning -
Hey there,

Nice guide!
Is it possible to show some videos of high level maps and bosses? And also if possible different attack types like ST, Dual strike etc?

Well written btw and very clear
I honestly want to try this out just for the sake of being contrary. Maybe you can include a vague leveling tree? And options for those who don't want to completely break the bank? I really do want to do this, but I'm also in the middle for 4 other builds.
gimme money bitch
Yeah. I can post a leveling guide, and show you the transition from Totems to Cycloner (You start off as a dual totem build til the 60-70s because its faster for leveling)

And sure, I can post some tier 10-12 map videos, just gotta wait for my internet to stop acting up.
Looking at your tree you spent 8 passive points to get out of the witch tree as quick as possible. There isn't a single point spent for anything witch specific in the witch tree section. Basically this is a templar (or marauder, or duelist) build with a starting penalty.
What's the point?
If you decide to start as templar/marauder/duelist and never allocate the first few points you get, you end up with the same build.

BTW i wouldn't call 30k dps "insane".
mostly a style build, but i like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info