I just died in Hardcore League..

Last edited by Larry_POE on Mar 20, 2022, 3:07:21 AM
Hey there, I am so sorry to hear that your character died. :(

I am afraid that we are simply unable to restore hardcore characters under any circumstances. There is no way to restore your character back into the Hardcore league and even if there was it would most definitely be very unfair to other players who have ever lost a Hardcore character.

I realise how truly frustrating it must be, and I would encourage you to email in to us at support@grindinggear.com if you would like to discuss it further.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
Ok I sent you guys an email..
Larry, the reason being that it's difficult to prove any Hardcore character died due to GGG server lag. And if GGG's servers did have a problem, they'd already know about it. Internet connectivity is a series of hops, where any one of those nodes in between could be to blame, from server to access points to your ISP and computer.

It's one of the unfortunate risks of playing Hardcore. But on the plus side, at least you still have your character for standard gameplay! This is a huge improvement over other action RPGs that treat your hardcore character's death as permanent.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Next time you hire somebody to kill a boss for you, stand outside the boss room. You still get the quest.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Next time you hire somebody to kill a boss for you, stand outside the boss room. You still get the quest.

Good advice. Ideally you should do the content yourself, but PoE intentionally allows you to be able to have 'help' so you effectively don't get bricked at a specific boss and become unable to progress. If you stay out of the room you still get the credit ;)
Also, dying in cruel is really early on, get back on the proverbial horse and get out there!
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Nov 11, 2015, 3:28:04 PM
It's better this way. Think about how sad you'd be if you ripped to a one shot at level 95.

Play standard until you really learn the game, including all the upper tier maps and bosses. Then, if you're feeling masochistic, play HC. Or settle with small doses of HC by participating in the race season.

Some say HC is more exciting, but really, path of one shots forces HC build designs that are so safe, so tanky, that you're actually just making the game boring/trivial (until, inevitably, an oversight, bug, or imbalance 1 shots you, ala kripp death to double boss corpse explosion or overtuned kole).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
also, no clue how you died with a lv93 boost. he should have just killed brutus almost instantly
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info