[2.0] Spiderbros and Chill (Low-Life Dual Crit Spark Totems w/ Shavs, Call of the Brotherhood)

So this is a work in-progress and will updated as more videos/etc. become available.

The Basics

So this build is all about being able to watch Netflix and clear maps at the same time. You think I am joking, but I really wanted a build that allowed me to split my attention and still clear maps.

My other goal was to make use of Spark, as its been buffed fairly recently. With the use of a Sire of Shards and a Rain of Splinters, the need for a GMP/LMP is totally gone, making Spark that much easier to boost with support gems. I also wanted something that would work within a reasonable budget and was pretty safe. I decided to use Call of the Brotherhood to add another layer of safety, certainly the Shock would kill things faster, however the Freezes from the Crits allow for much safer game play overall. Generally speaking, stuff is instantly frozen, or chilled, and has little chance to attack you.

The build is primarily focused around Softcore, though with the right gear and playstyle one could make it HC viable.

The build is definitely a 'glass cannon', or at least seems that way when you look at the tree. However, the combination of Freezing, reasonably fast clear speed, and use of drop and forget totem play style, you're actually pretty safe. Especially if you keep moving and never tank for your totems.

Character IGN: Sysphain

Basic proof of concept video:

https://youtu.be/_lYsoKMSu5w

Basic Gear:
Spoiler

Sire of Shards are fairly cheap these days. Buy one and 5-link it yourself. A 6-link is nice, but not required in the slightest. I generally won't build a character around having a 6-link unless it can use a tabula.

Call of the Brotherhood, shouldn't cost you much more than the Sire of Shards. This is needed as it coverts the Lightning Damage to Cold, allowing for safer play.

Shav's is a great addition, but easily the most expensive item here. It allows for Pain Attunement (which is a 3-4k DPS boost) and to run Discipline off of life at the same time. It isn't required to run the build, but it is a nice capestone to make the build viable for higher maps.

Make sure you have a bleed and freeze flask handy.

Extra Gear You Might Want:

Spoiler

Yes, another Call of the Brotherhood. This allows for 100% of Lightning Damage to be converted and for significantly longer Freezes/Chills. This is slightly hard to itemize, but usually overall a DPS boost compare to most rings you might use. With half of your damage being converted to Coll, you shocks will be relatively low in duration, and so you might as well go full Cold and benefit.

Stuns are problematic with any low life build and this Amulet is very helpful.

Tree:

Links:
Spoiler

Basic links on the 5-Link Sire of Shards:

My Current Links:
Spark (Quality!) - Spell Totem - Fork - Faster Casting (Quality) - Added Lighting

Cold Pen might actually be better than Added Lighting at the moment for me, however I have not tried it as of yet. I will test it and update the guide.

Ideal Links:

Spark - Spell Totem - Fork - Faster Casting - Added Lighting - Cold pen

Another possibility is Added Cold. Faster projectiles isn't terrible, however with the tree/quality gem, you already have quite a bit of speed.

Fork is great, and definitely a clear speed boost.

Other links:

Vaal Spark - Trap - Cold Pen - Fork (for the quickly taking care of virtually any boss)

CWDT - IC - Enfeeble (suggestions welcome, will switch to a Blasphemy - Temporal Chains when available)

Auras:

Spoiler

Wrath

Discipline (off of life)

Clarity (yes a clarity)

I use clarity because the build is mana based. Since it is low life and I have no interest in wasting one of my Spark links on a Blood Magic, I needed to go with Mana. I think Mana works fine for most totem builds as the totems do most of the casting. Spark is pretty cheap as well.

Videos:

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lYsoKMSu5w

This video is mostly proof of concept and to show you what it looks like in action.

Dry Peninsula - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0r-SkCXkM&feature=youtu.be

MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR THE BUILD:

Spoiler

Spider Spark MTX is required for this build. It will totally not work without it.

Last edited by BioSemantics on Nov 13, 2015, 8:03:58 AM
Leveling:
Spoiler

Leveling this is fairly easy as you can go Crit FT totem until you decide to switch. I started as self-cast EK and FT totem, until Ancestral Bond, then just FT Crt totems until I was able to equip the Sire of Shards. The Build works pretty much as soon you have gotten about 20% Crit on Spark and are able to equip the Sire of Shards. Even with a relatively low Crit chance it works fine. The sheer number of projectiles means that even when a set of them don't crit, that plenty of damage is done. It is very, very easy to farm Dried Lake all the way to 80 from the point you equip the Sire of Shards. Until you have a decent amount of ES, and perhaps the Shavs, I would do white maps until 85 or so.

Any suggestions are welcome. The Build isn't done and I would really like 5k ES at the end. Also, most of my gems are not yet 20 yet, and so I have some room to grow.
Last edited by BioSemantics on Nov 13, 2015, 8:04:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info