Looting Animation - Suggestion!

Hey!
Kind of an odd suggestion, and I was only able to play PoE for a few minutes before I have to go out for awhile, I plan to really delve in for many many hours tonight :D One thing that I noticed was when an item is on the ground, It has a black background and a white or colored lettering and then you click it, and its in your bag. Though I was playing a old online rpg (Which may or may not include many many demons) a few days ago to get myself ready for PoE. In said game when you hover your mouse over an item on the ground it gives the name box a highlighted blue background. I would really love to see something like this in PoE, as it really lets you know that your hovering over the piece you want to loot/which piece you are about to click. It looks good visually and has a nice feel (Especially when there is 3+ pieces of loot on screen), of course that's just my opinion but I would love it if you guys gave it some thought. I could be wrong about something, as I am trying to put this together quickly before I leave. Thanks for reading :) PoE Fighting!

P.S.
First impression of the game is blown away by how it felt just moving around and doing some starter attacks, loving it!

Last edited by Khavok on Aug 11, 2011, 6:50:17 AM
background highlight on hover would be very helpful
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
So what is the suggestion? Change highlights of nameboxes if the item is a good one for you?

Quick fyi, press 'z' to toggle nameboxes, or press/hold 'alt' to temporary display them.
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
"
Joel_GGG wrote:
So what is the suggestion? Change highlights of nameboxes if the item is a good one for you?

The suggestion is when you have a lot of items on top of each other, to background highlight the one your mouse is currently selecting.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
The suggestion is when you have a lot of items on top of each other, to background highlight the one your mouse is currently selecting.

Agreed.
Forum Sheriff
I definitely agree with this, clicking items was the only thing I found annoying, as they were often hard to see amongst everything else on the ground.
[15:51] desophos: Loincloth + Leap Slam = unfortunate.
Yes, to highlight the background of the item your mouse is hovering over.
Wow looks like it's in now! Thanks for such a great response!
+1

would also like to see the background of things like chests, PORTALS etc, with a slightly different color than the loot itself plz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info