[2.0] pasta777's ::: FLICKADIGGA ::: up to 230k On-Hit Dmg ::: 2.1Mio Burst DPS ::: 8k life :::

--- STOP --- Flicker Strike is back --- STOP --- Outstanding On-Hit Damage --- STOP ---

--- STOP --- Awesome Sword Enables Life-based Flicker Build --- STOP ---

--- STOP --- 81'er Dominus quit PoE --- STOP --- PoE Bosses capitulate to Flicker Strike --- STOP ---

--- STOP --- Psychological Assistance for scared PoE Bosses established --- STOP ---

--- STOP --- FLICKADIGGA aka The New Danger incoming --- STOP ---

Enlarge Me

Palace T14 - boss fight is used for the gif above
Plateau T10
Wasteland T12
Music by Jennifer Rostock

Enlarge Me

+ Insane DMG
+ Very High On-Hit-Damage and therefore lots of leech
+ Can use Blood Rage
+ 8 Frenzy Charges (32% MORE dmg boost)
+ >10% life regen
+ Fast movement with Leap Slam
+ Party-viable Flicker build

- EXTREMELY expensive (>1k ex)
- Flicker Strike Animation can be annoying
- Only defense is a large HP pool plus (Phase)Acrobatics
- requires attention
- Bosses require gear and weapon swap

Enlarge Me

Flicker Strike has a cool down of 1 second. The cool down can be bypassed by consuming a frenzy charge. Therefore, we have to get sure that we gain more frenzy charges than flicker strike consumes. We use 2 sources of frenzy charges in this build:

1. Blood Rage (20% chance for Frenzy Charge on kill)
2. Blood Dance (20-30% chance for Frenzy Charge on kill)

Flicker Strike is linked with Multistrike. In other words: 3 flicker strikes cost 1 Frenzy charge. Within these 3 strikes we have to generate at least one new frenzy charge in order to sustain flicker strike. The key to achieve this is a weapon with very high on hit damage.

Fortunately, Skalpo provides a crafted Maraketh Two-handed Exquisite Blade which exactly fulfills our needs.

Link to Mirror Thread

The funny thing is, we achieve unbelievable high damage even without skilling damage nodes. We focus on critical strike chance and maximum life nodes in our tree.

For Boss Fights and for the beginning of a map we wear a Quill Rain in the second weapon slot. We instantly create 8 frenzy charges and curse Assassins Mark, swap back to the sword and start flicker until the map is clear.

Enlarge Me

ClickMeClickMeClickMeClickMeClickMe

Normal - Skill Point (Kill all)
Cruel - Skill Point (Kill all)
Merciless - Frenzy Charge (Help Kraityn)

Helping Oak in Normal (40 life) and Cruel (18%physical damage) would be an option, too. But with 2 skill points we can reach a jewel socket. Jewels can provide the same bonus (7%life and 18%phyiscal damage) PLUS additional stats like critical strike chance and multiplier or resistances and is therefore the better choice

Enlarge Me

key items

6L Twohanded Weapon with very high on hit damage and lots of crit speaks for itself

Kaom's Heart enables a huge HP pool

Blood Dance are one source of our frenzy charges. The dex and life regeneration per frenzy charge is a nice bonus. Movement speed is good in town but outside town we will use leap slam. The increased damage mod against monsters on low life can help in partys sustain frenzy charges.

We need acuity because of the instant mana leech. Critchance, Life and Intelligence is exactly what we need.

Remaining Gear

This is our helm when doing the map except the boss. It provides lots of critical strike chance and attack speed. Rarity and evasion is nice to have.

We use Abyssus for the boss fights. It has a slightly different aura setup. The damage boost from this helmet is otherwordly.

Amulette, rings and belts are our main source of resistances. Critical strike chance & multiplier, physical and weapon elemental damage buffs our damage a lot. Also accuracy is needed at least on two of those items.

Flasks

Use as many damage flask as you wish. Mana Potion is needed sometimes. Instant Mana would be better probably. You need at least one removes bleeding flask.

Enlarge Me

In this section I make a little advertisement for my buddys who provide very good items for this build:

Skalpo's Mirror Thread

Faffer's Mirror Thread

Faffer's Mirror Thread

Enlarge Me

With Kaoms and a twohanded weapon we have one 6L and three 4L plus one additional 6L in the second slot.

6L (Map-Version1)

Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Increased Critical Strikes

6L (Map-Version2)

Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Physical Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Physical to Lightning

6L (Boss)

swap Melee Splash with Added Fire Damage or Weapon Elemental Damage

6L(Reflect/safe version)

use Life Leech instead of Added Fire Damage or Weapon Elemental Damage

4L (Movement/Fortify)

Leap Slam - Blood Magic - Fortify - Faster Attack

4L (Buffs)

Blood Rage - Ice Golem - Increased Duration - Enhance or Vaal Grace

4L (Aura)

Hatred - Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark
This is in Rats Nest

and for Bosses with high HP:
Hatred - Herald of Fire - CwDT - Immortal Call
This is in Abyssus

6L (2slot)

Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Blood Magic - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark - Power Charge on Crit

with Rat's Nest

Town

+ Hatred + Herald of Thunder + Ice Golem

+ 8 Frenzy Charges + 3 Power Charges

+ Taste of Hate + Atziri's Promise + Lioneye's Roar

with Abyssus and Added Fire

Town

+ Hatred + Herald of Thunder + Ice Golem

+ 8 Frenzy Charges + 3 Power Charges

+ Taste of Hate + Atziri's Promise + Lioneye's Roar

Defence

A large HP pool with 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge combined with 1k life regen grants us survivability

I am thankful for all people who helped with developing guide

Special thx goes to:

pNR - This guy with endless wealth crafted the great sword which enables this build. Main parts of the build idea and tree originated from his mind.

faffer and lano - Thanks to these two guys. They lent me all the jewellery I needed for testing purposes.

Thx to allnakedandstuff for creating the layout of this guide.

I would like to say thank you to my guild mates from <MY-HOE> who suffered from my constant whining about the huge nerf on Flicker + CI + bloodrage in 2.0. Thx to them for hours of tree discussions making this build possible.
IGN ................... MikeManning
Alt Art Stuff ....... view-thread/1401085
Shop ................. view-thread/536289
Boost-Service .... view-thread/543033
Gilde ................. view-thread/817890
Last edited by pasta777 on Oct 14, 2015, 5:35:54 AM
(reserved)
nice one, we were theorycrafting with skalpo a flicker + frenzy build with using mind fang. Item setup is almost same, his last tree was very similar too. Im glad that you could do mind fang flicker in a real efficient way.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
nice one, we were theorycrafting with skalpo a flicker + frenzy build with using mind fang. Item setup is almost same, his last tree was very similar too. Im glad that you could do mind fang flicker in a real efficient way.

I was discussing the build with skalpo for many hours. Thats probably the reason why the tree is similar to the one you have seen.
Last edited by pasta777 on Oct 9, 2015, 7:28:42 PM
Would this work with a 7.5 crit 500 Pdps exquisite blade? How strong would it be?
Are other 2h sword bases viable? Is this viable without acuities?

Last edited by WhoEvenAmISquared on Oct 9, 2015, 6:47:47 PM
"
Would this work with a 7.5 crit 500 Pdps exquisite blade? How strong would it be? Are other 2h sword bases viable?

Any Twohanded Sword with >500 pdps and >8% base crit should be viable. Try to aim for 40% crit chance jewels. And dont forget that 85% crit is enough because we curse assassins mark all the time (9% flat crit)

"

Is this viable without acuities?

Acuitys are mandatory because of the instant mana leech. I dont see how this could work without this item. The only solution could be mana on kill and mana on hit from jewels and curses.
"
Would this work with a 7.5 crit 500 Pdps exquisite blade? How strong would it be?
Are other 2h sword bases viable? Is this viable without acuities?

you may use, '%X damage taken gained as mana' rings(thats a implicit which can be get by vaaling rings), and Battle Rouse passives. You may use unique rings which boosts damage.

Mana On kill would be also great.

By the way,

Mike, links are gone dude. : (
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 10, 2015, 2:55:17 AM
Isn't Oro's Sacrifice way too op for generating frenzy charges, I mean frenzy charge on ignite!
Flicker Strike works with Oro's Sacrifice, that was the design idea. But the Damage is mediocre (compared to other options) and you can not take advantage of Physical based Life and Mana leech. On top of that, Enemy resistances kill a huge part of your damage, so you have to use 1 or better 2 curses to negate that.

To get Flicker Strike rolling without Acuities, you have to use a combination of Mana Gain on hit, Mana Gain on Kill, Mana leech Passives (with Leech Rate ect.) and maybe Clarity (on Blood Magic). You have to use more Passive Points to get this work, but it can be done. Poacher's Mark would be the to go Curse for Bosses, because Assasin's Marks mana gain only works on kill. On top of Mana and Life Gain on Hit, you have a chance to get Frenzy Charges on kill.

Nice Build, but you have to be born to run a Flicker Strike build i think. My eyes are bleeding when i watching him x)

cheers

NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Last edited by Nurbel on Oct 10, 2015, 9:28:15 AM
up for an awesome looking guide :)
Mirror Service for No.1 Harbinger Bow, Leg Multi Quiver, Zodiac Leather, Exquisite Blade and more: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/773474

Items Im looking for: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1232835

ign: Skalpo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info