[2.0] Scion Ice Crash Crit MF Build w/ Sword Crit and Cameria's Maul

So, despite the really dumb title, this build is really fun!

Why Trollner?

Cameria's Maul is one of the main items in this build, and i chose is specifically because it is basically perfect for this type of build... Lets look at it closely.

EDIT: As to why I'm using Cameria's Maul, and questions regarding physical damage and crit chance nodes: the Maul itself is functioning as a stat-hand weapon, which is to say that it's equipped purely for the cold damage and IIR bonuses. Since Ice Crash only uses the main-hand weapon, we're effectively scaling everything off the sword damage (sword phys, sword crit, and we also get the benefit of the dual-wield crit nodes. Even though Cameria's basically just hanging off our belt looking cool, it still counts as DW).

170% Increased Physical Damage

Although physical damage isnt important with this build (As Ice Crash only uses the mainhand, its nice to see the capabilities with this item :)

11-32 Cold Damage

This isnt a major thing with this weapon... but, you know, damage is damage!

39% Increased Critical Strike Chance

Unfortunately, Crit chance isnt global with this mod... its stuck on the item, so, you won't get an increase of crit chance from this item alone (apart from the dual wield nodes from the Duelist area

35% Increased Cold Damage with Weapons

This is a nice added bonus because you can't get enough of that lovely damage!

40% Increased Rarity of Items Dropped by Frozen Enemies

This is the money maker, this is why i love this weapon so much! Despite the fact that the damage is meh at best, the main reason why i chose this weapon was simply, because of this mod right here!

The best thing about the maul... is that its super cheap, and everyone sells it!

Here's a fun fact! Did you know that Cameria is an anagram for America?!

/s

Skill tree (112 points)

Tree

The order to do things is simple... like, honestly, a monkey could do this.

So, just do the bottom part of the tree first (duelist area), then work yourself to the top, head to the shadow area, then to the witch! Its that simple :D

I dont think this requires a Spoiler section... The Bandits!

Normal = help Oak
Cruel = Help Kraityn
Merciless = Help Alira

#BanditEquality2015

Please Note, in the gear section below, i was lagging alot (chrome and stuff) and my gem swapping skills were terrible, In the MF section, i used my MF links (in the link section), so, if you're ever confused about what im linking and stuff, just refer to the links spoiler below, its all shown there, thank you.

Gear that i use for MF

With this setup alone, (including the iiq gems, and iir gems) i get:
IIQ = 52%
IIR = 207% (Including freeze crits, coz, 99% of the time, youll crit in maps, and yeah)

Gear that i use for Damage/Levelling

Links

MF = Ice Crash, IIR, IIQ, Blood Magic, Hypothermia, Ice Bite

Wait, why Hypothermia, AND Ice Bite?

Well, its simple, Hypothermia gives x% increased damage on chilled enemies (if you don't crit enemies, the chill, and more damage on them) And Ice Bite is for the Frenzy Charges, which makes you hit super fast! Oh, and not to mention, 20% chance to freeze from those 2 lovely gems.

Non MF = Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage (a bit better then 19/20 WED tbh), Conc Effect, Faster Attacks, Ice Bite, Blood Magic

Leap Slam = Leap Slam, Endurance charge on melee stun, fortify, Blood Magic (its mainly used for defences, and well, travel)

Auras = Grace, Hatred

Gollum =

Golem = Ice

Curse = Assassins Mark

Offensive/Defensive Sheet

Offensive w/ Magic find setup

Offensive w/ Damage stuff

Offensive W/ Abyssus (i don't advise due to loss in defence, but its fun to see!)

Fuck it, i wanna see nice damage... Offensive w/ 3 Frenzy + 4 Power + atziri flask (PS, Sorry for quality, had to F8 it, which reduced quality, then i had to zoom in a bit...)

In regards to the potato quality image above... i give to you.. this

Aaaand finally, Defences w/ Damage (varies because my ring doesnt have lightning res)

Defences w/ Ventors
(it basically caps resistance, nothing else :))

Why Grace, and not Determination?
Well, Grace has flat evasion rating, which is significantly more then 40+% armour... and we're using Iron Reflexes, which = All evasion > Armour, so, flat evasion is a +1

What if i want to use Abyssus instead of Rats nest?!

Well, good news! You just need to get an Armour chest with alot of well, armour, some life (preferably 90+ to maybe equal the %life from Belly of the Beast) and Resistance! I didnt have armour like that, so.. Belly was my only choice :P

The reason behind this is to mitigate more damage... :P

Jewels

Anything with crit, cold skills crit, and attack speed is a +, nothing specific when it comes to unique jewels... I would link mine to you guys, but the thing is, its late here, and chrome is eating my Ram like i eat Mcdonalds, hungrily.

Small little notes with my gear/build

You may lack strength, so take a few +10 nodes while levelling, or one +30 (perhaps the one near the witch)

The Sword im using cost me 6 ex, i know i know, it seems a little excessive, but i had the money (Thanks Serleth for the bronation) And i had the eagerness, so, why not, its a nice sword :3

Ventors Gamble was a self found item, and it took me 3 divines for that roll, its all i needed.

Atziri is a bitch with this build, for a few reasons... well, only one... Not enough tankiness when it comes to the magic mobs... ikr, unbelieveable :( BUT, maps are 100000x easier, guaranteed!

Act 4 (Mainly Malachai) Is a bit tedious, normal is okay, but cruel is :( because of the lack of damage i had, might be different for you, who knows!

Video coming soon, hopefully i wont be a cock like in my bloodlusting marauder and rip 20000 times on cam, fuqdatshit

Any questions, please post below, be gentle though, i love this build so much, and ive had amazing support from my friend Serleth (You know, that guy who did that PA MF build, we buddies <3) He basically taught me everything i know :3

Anyway, Questions, please comment below, or PM me, or praise me, or +1 or something!

Enjoy :3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Sep 3, 2015, 7:48:19 PM
Gonna level that scion as soon as I can! :D
"
galendil1973 wrote:
Gonna level that scion as soon as I can! :D

:D will you be using my guide? <3

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Looks good, no pathing mistakes. You can optionally take resistances instead of melee nodes at the start of the tree, and you can optionally connect near duelist for 2 dex nodes instead of 1 dex int. Those would just be dependant on gear though.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Interestingly enough, I just had a Cameria's drop for me literally 10 minutes ago in a map and was wondering what build would work well with it.

May just look into this one!
i thought Cameria is an anagram for shit.
You know that inc. phys; critchance and cold damage are local to your weapon and not global?
Icecrash only uses your mainhand, so all this useless thing provides for you is 40IIR and inc. cold damage with weapons, which is garbage and doesn't justify the loss of a shield or a good stat stick.

EXALTS>EXAMS
hey i really like this build idea, but i was wondering about the sword. all you mentioned was that you had a nice amount of currency lying around to buy one as nice as that, but for those of us who don't what kind of stats would you recommend?
"
Denezen wrote:
Interestingly enough, I just had a Cameria's drop for me literally 10 minutes ago in a map and was wondering what build would work well with it.

May just look into this one!

Thank you for the kind consideration!

"
skieZ wrote:
You know that inc. phys; critchance and cold damage are local to your weapon and not global?
Icecrash only uses your mainhand, so all this useless thing provides for you is 40IIR and inc. cold damage with weapons, which is garbage and doesn't justify the loss of a shield or a good stat stick.

I did know that, i just wanted to showcase it so people can see what the item can do, since everyones calling it shit :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info