[2.0] Odins_Secret Mjolner build

Hello Wraeclast, today I present to you my personal, life-based Mjolner discharge build. I took inspiration for the tree from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1318464 created by Viviere.

What’s Different?

The biggest difference in my build is the clear speed prior to bosses. This is due to one skill and a unique jewel.

Required Gear

Mjolner, Voll’s Devotion, Romira’s Banquet and Kingsguard for obvious reasons. For those new to this kind of build, the Romira’s is how we will get our power charges, the Voll’s Devotion turns them into endurance charges upon consumption and the Kingsguard heals us when we discharge with endurance charges.

Both Voidbringer and Doedre’s Tenure are great gloves. Doedre’s Tenure work great if you can’t afford Voidbringer right after having getting your 4 main pieces of gear. Ultimately, you want a corrupted Voidbringer with +1 to socketed gems, this way you can run all of your aura’s in it with a corrupted level 4 enlighten.

In the offhand you have a few options, Saffell’s Frame is great for going more defensive. The other good option is a Doryani’s Catalyst. (However, I have not gotten my hands on one to try.)

I prefer the Devoto’s Devotion helmet for the increased attack speed and extra movement speed. Scold's Bridle would be another good helmet to use for the extra damage.

As far as the other ring, belt, and boots go just try to cap your resistances and as much life as possible.

Gems and Links

Spectral Throw:
4L: ST-GMP-FA-BM
5L: ST-GMP-FA-BM-FP
6L: ST-GMP-FA-BM-FP-LMP

Keeping ST at lvl 1 with 20% quality gives you the attack speed bonus with keeping the mana cost lower. All other gems are worth getting 20% quality for attack speed bonuses as well.

Molten Strike:
4L: MS-GMP-Multi-BM
5L: MS-GMP-Multi-FA-BM
6L: MS-GMP-Multi-FA-Fortify-BM

Molten Strike would be ideal in a second chest piece that can be quickly swapped out for fighting bosses in higher maps or Atziri.
Mjolner:
There are lots of variations that can be ran inside of Mjolner, I personally prefer Discharge, Arc, and Stormcall, however you can do just about any lightning skills and they decimate everything. Discharge is required however to have continuous healing via Kingsguard.

Voidbringer:
Enlighten - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Haste/Grace

Having 21/20 Purities is a big help. Also getting a +1 to socketed gems corruption on Voidbringers and a corrupted lvl 4 enlighten are BiS for this build.

Helmet:
4L: CWDT(14) - Immortal Call(16) - Enfeeble(17)/Molten Shell - Increased Duration

Boots:
Currently: Vaal Haste - Blood Rage - Increased Duration

Shield:
Leap Slam - FA - Your choice

Flasks:

Surgeons are a must to help ensure that you have as much uptime as you possibly can.

Jewels:

Unique jewel is fun but not a must, other good jewel stats are maximum life, area damage, lightning damage, fire damage, increased damage, etc...

Passive Trees

Not the standard passive tree, the attack speed while dual wielding at the top was taken specifically for this jewel.

I plan to eventually dual wield Mjolner’s or with a Doryani’s Catalyst.

Here is my current tree at lvl 88: http://poeurl.com/zwKU1pZ

Here is the final tree that I plan to get: http://poeurl.com/zwKViRg

Level with a skill that doesn’t require too much investment, for instance flame totem. Then switch over sometime after 60 when you have the appropriate str and int requirements as well as gear.

Current Gear

Still trying to color and link my second Kingsguard. Getting all the green sockets is a giant pain and very difficult to do. Also, still need to successfully corrupt an enlighten and my voidbringer.

Videos

Coming Soon!

Come check it out at Twitch.tv/Wolfofwar94
This is my first ever build guide, please leave comments or suggestions below. I will be updating this guide as I progress even further
Last edited by WolfOfWar94 on Aug 27, 2015, 8:49:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info