Simple question: What year is now?

Uhm so I'm not sure what year is currently on PoE's world, and most importantly, how long has it been since the cataclysm/Empire's fall. Can't remember where to seek such reference in timeline. Thanks.

On a side-personal-note, I love all the lore on teh game but i strongly wish it will now (in future acts maybe) start focusing on present rather than past..after all our beloved exile and some of his/hers contemporaries will be important historical characters from current events same as atziri/doryani/etc are from vaal's fall or voll/malachai/maligaro/victario/kaom/etc are from purity rebellion and subsequent cataclysm times :3.
Last edited by Drkzaleos on Aug 20, 2015, 5:08:04 PM
No one? :c
2015 friend
I presume its something like 15430-19280

Peace,

-Boem-
From reading the lore, I've come up with a timeline roughly like this. The years are counted from Imperialus Conceptus, the founding of the Eternal Empire by the Azmeri after the Vaal disappeared:

0 IC - The Eternal Empire gets founded after the Azmeri discovered all the Vaal had disappeared.
1334 IC - Archbishop Geofri of Phrecia dies in an assault by Inquisitor Maligaro (a disciple of Malachai). This info is taken from the plaque outside the Fellshrine Crypt. We an assume from this that the Purity Rebellion took place in the mid-1300s. So the Cataclysm likely occurred at around 1340 IC.
1598 IC - Kraytin gets exiled to Wraeclast. This is taken from the letters of exile in Lioneye's Watch. As Kraytin is still alive during the game and doesn't look that old, I assume the game takes place around 1600 IC.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
"
Thyrandor wrote:
From reading the lore, I've come up with a timeline roughly like this. The years are counted from Imperialus Conceptus, the founding of the Eternal Empire by the Azmeri after the Vaal disappeared:

0 IC - The Eternal Empire gets founded after the Azmeri discovered all the Vaal had disappeared.
1334 IC - Archbishop Geofri of Phrecia dies in an assault by Inquisitor Maligaro (a disciple of Malachai). This info is taken from the plaque outside the Fellshrine Crypt. We an assume from this that the Purity Rebellion took place in the mid-1300s. So the Cataclysm likely occurred at around 1340 IC.
1598 IC - Kraytin gets exiled to Wraeclast. This is taken from the letters of exile in Lioneye's Watch. As Kraytin is still alive during the game and doesn't look that old, I assume the game takes place around 1600 IC.

You see, people, this is how history is done.
Great job, Thyrandor.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Also, important thing, how old is Vagan? He says he was a friend of Daresso, the King of Swords, but Daresso left Oriath centuriess ago to help Merveil, according to Petrarus in Act 4, and Vagan doesn't look that old.
"
Thyrandor wrote:

Ty:3
"
Bockris wrote:
Also, important thing, how old is Vagan? He says he was a friend of Daresso, the King of Swords, but Daresso left Oriath centuriess ago to help Merveil, according to Petrarus in Act 4, and Vagan doesn't look that old.

I think that Vagan wasn't friend of Daresso, rather a fan who knew a lot about Daresso's life in the Arena.

"
On a side-personal-note, I love all the lore on teh game but i strongly wish it will now (in future acts maybe) start focusing on present rather than past..after all our beloved exile and some of his/hers contemporaries will be important historical characters from current events same as atziri/doryani/etc are from vaal's fall or voll/malachai/maligaro/victario/kaom/etc are from purity rebellion and subsequent cataclysm times :3.

The game does focus on the present, while simultaneously focusing upon the past.

The past influenced the events of Wraeclast, and the entire game is focused around how the exiles are currently surviving.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that the Forsaken Masters represent the 'player exiles' -

Haku - Marauder
Elreon - Templar
Catarina - Witch
Vorici - Shadow
Tora - Ranger
Vagan - Duelist
Zana - Scion

Leo is.. uh. Special.

EDIT: The rogue exiles running around represent the player classes too, but the masters seem more heavily focused towards that regard.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Aug 21, 2015, 10:05:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info