What happens if i do Chaos Inoculation + Blood magic support gem with a %aura

So, i'm seriouly considering going to Chaos Inoculation and i wondered.

If i use a the support gem Blood Magic linked to a for example Purity Skill that reservs 40% of my hp

Will it kill me or reserve 40% of 1 health?
xD would be pretty amusing if that worked.
Will it let me cast it or just kill me?

Has any1 tried this?
You die.

Reasoning: 40% of 1 is .4, which rounds UP to 1
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Last edited by RulerofAsgard on Feb 11, 2013, 11:47:55 PM
I understand the reasoning im just wondering if any1 has tried this or has this been verified or are you guys just speculating?
Personally, I've never done it, since I only play hardcore.

It has been demonstrated and confirmed numerous times both in video and on these forums - just gotta scroll a few pages back and you'll probably find a couple treads about it.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
I understand the reasoning im just wondering if any1 has tried this or has this been verified or are you guys just speculating?

It's not speculation, it's fact, you WILL die, confirmed in CB and with a Dev response to the it as well.
"
If i use a the support gem Blood Magic linked to a for example Purity Skill that reservs 40% of my hp
First off, the blood magic support gem has a 250% mana cost multiplier, and 40 * 2.5 = 100, so that's 100%.

EDIT: This was actually changed recently - the mana cost multiplier is not quite that high anymore, but still very significant.

Regardless, anytime you pay a cost, and that cost would be a nonzero number but below 1, it rounds up - if you're supposed to actually pay some amount, it makes sure you pay something, and the least you can pay is 1. This will kill you.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 12, 2013, 12:21:52 AM
So there is a legitimate way to kill yourself without ever being attacked!

EPIC.
It is a good thing, that it works like that. Otherwise CI would mean unlimited resources to stack auras. That would be way OP.

If you use CI, you should also watch out for those mana flask, that drain some HP!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
First off, the blood magic support gem has a 250% mana cost multiplier, and 40 * 2.5 = 100, so that's 100%.

EDIT: This was actually changed recently - the mana cost multiplier is not quite that high anymore, but still very significant.

Regardless, anytime you pay a cost, and that cost would be a nonzero number but below 1, it rounds up - if you're supposed to actually pay some amount, it makes sure you pay something, and the least you can pay is 1. This will kill you.

Hehe oke, just wanted 2 know =)

Cheers for the info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info