Regarding Beta next phase - 10,000 friends invites being sent over the next 2 weeks

I apologise if this has already been brought up at some stage. I had two of these emails sent to me back on the 14/11/11 and I assumed that it basically was to let us know that more friends invites were going out. However I've heard nothing since...

Anyone recieved any additional friends invites lately other than the one you get when you first enter beta? Has it been delayed or was it only for a few random existing beta players?
Last edited by Lonexs on Nov 29, 2011, 7:42:23 AM
"
Lonexs wrote:
Anyone recieved any additional friends invites lately other than the one you get when you first enter beta?

I didn't and I'm pretty sure that we are not supposed to get another one.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
Last edited by Ugm on Nov 29, 2011, 12:33:43 PM
I didn't get the email you speak of either.
Ahh ok this is the email I got;

Hi Lonexs,

Path of Exile entered its second phase of Closed Beta testing today with the deployment of the 0.9.3 patch. Due to the significant improvements, we've wiped the Beta realm and reverted all of your characters to level 1.

Our goal with the 0.9.3 upgrade was to do a full rebalance of the game to make it a lot more fun. To achieve this, we've changed most game systems based on the feedback we received from testers. It feels like a new game now. We've added a new passive skills screen, new active skills, world areas, support gems, quests, monster auras and items. You can read about all the improvements in this forum post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11455

We'd like to invite you to help test this patch and to play alongside us on this fresh Beta realm. As part of this phase of the Closed Beta, we'll be scaling up the number of players significantly. We will be giving out 10,000 friend invite codes to existing testers over the next two weeks. You will receive at least one.

We intend to release multiple patches per week leading up to the Open Beta early next year.

I'm really excited about this new patch and am looking forward to playing with you in game! As always, please give us feedback in the Beta 0.9.3 Feedback forums.

Kind regards,

Chris Wilson
Grinding Gear Games
Since we sent that email, we've given out 13000 friend invites. Due to the way the invite system works, there are some gaps of people who haven't yet received their invite. We're trying to generate a list of these people automatically so that we can get the invites sent out.

In the meantime, if you read this and haven't ever received a friend code (but were sent that initial mail), please let me know and I can get you one immediately.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Wow thanks for the quick reply, so I'm not going mad =) Only problem is now the Wife is gonna want to play...
I for one also haven't get any key Chris, 3 of my friends have been waiting for this as i told them about this news, but couldn't reply them till i see this thread. Hopefully you are helpful no matter what topic is, thanks.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Nov 29, 2011, 5:46:33 PM
I've received this email twice, but no friend code. I had already got one before the mail though.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
As Chris mentioned, if you have recieved an email from GGG with content I posted above but not had a friends invite sent to you, just pop him a PM. I had the email sent to me on the 14/11/11 so check you mail box just incase you didn't spot it.

Thanks again Chris.

Last edited by Lonexs on Nov 29, 2011, 7:03:03 PM
"
zriL wrote:
I've received this email twice, but no friend code. I had already got one before the mail though.

Same - Are you supposed to get a second friend key? I got one a few days after I activated my account via Key in a competition. This was months before 9.3. Will/should I get another key?
Mew~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info