[1.3] Righteous Arc Surgeon with 2.0 Theorycrafting [No Longer Updated]

Hello exiles,

I have taken the initiative to update this cool build because Foxtactics will no longer be updating the build.

His old post can be found here (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896869/page/1).

This build is super-end game build. You should never build to it, you should respec into it. The ideal moment you should respec points into is when you have Lv23 Purity of Fire, 96 passive points and important uniques such as Rise of the Phoenix & Lightning Coil.

Index:

1) Pros n Cons
2) Stats
3) Passives
4) Items - Gem List
5) Flasks
6) Playstyle
7) Mathy-Wathy Stuff (Theory)
8) Q&A
9) Useful Website

And 23) Patch 2.0 Theory Crafting

1) Pros n Cons
Spoiler

Pros
1) Good clear speed. arc is a very good clearing. Buffing it with RF makes it even stronger.
2) Kill bosses easy. Flame surge and RF is a deadly combo melts bosses with tons of damage.
3) Tanky can face tank a lot of high level bosses such as Atziri, Crematorium Fire bitch and more. The build has a very high fire and lightning resistance which is the most dangerous elemental damage type mobs output. Lightning coil plus arctic armor will migrate most of the physical damage. For larger physical hit, the cast when damage taken setup allows 1 sec to react and warp out of danger.
4) Buff effect scaling makes AA, RF and Herald of Thunder stronger.
5) Easy to play. There are only 3 active spell in the build, Arc, Flame Surge and Lightning warp. Plus, arc is auto aiming. You can focus on flask usage and loots :).
6) Atziri Viable

Cons
1) The build is a bit expensive. need around 30ex to acquire key items: 6L lightning coil (~ 20ex), lv 21 purity of fire (5ex), cor. lv3 empower (1.5ex), vertex (1.5ex), doryani's catalyst (1.5ex), doryani's invitation (0.5ex), rise of the phoenix (0.1ex).
2) Arc reflect is deadly if you do not pay attention. Manual popping topaz flask is the only reliable way to deal with this annoying mechanics.
3) Like other RF build, it cannot run Blood magic, No/half regen and -% max res map mods.

2) Stats
Spoiler

Arc(Echo) 21.9 K
Arc(Faster Casting) 17.8 K

Flame Surge (Echo) 40.2 K
Flame Surge (Faster Casting) 32.5 K

P.S. Arc and Flame Surge image is taken during Atziri's Promise Flask effect.

Defense Stat
Life: 5109
Mana: 215(unreserved)/2554

The life and life regen stat is outdated. Else is the same.

Aura& Buff

Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Vitality, Herald of Thunder, Clarity, Arctic Armor & Righteous Fire

3) Passives
Spoiler

96pts - the minimum points needed
http://poeurl.com/zlSthSH

120pts - to indicate what nodes are good for the build
http://poeurl.com/zlSt7ab

My current Lv95 character's tree
http://poeurl.com/zpWrWZO

Bandit's quest
Oak - Passive pt. - Passive pt.

4) Items - Gemlist
Spoiler

Vertex: Main Spell Colors: BBBR
21/20q Arc + 20/20q Light Pen + 20/20q Spell Echo + 4/0 Empower
Note: This setup is to make Lv26 Arc so that it will chain 7 times. Geofri's Crest can be used instead, but Vertex is far superior.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning Coil: 6L Colors: RRRBBG
21/0 Purity of Fire + 20+/0 Purity of Lightning + 20/20q Herald of Thunder + 20+/20q Arctic Armor + 3/0 Empower + 20/0 Reduced Mana
Note: Lv23 Purity of Fire is mandatory because it unlocks +5 max fire resist on the gem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rare Gloves (Gems inter-changable with boots) Colors: BBRG
20/20q RF + 3+/0 Enhance + 20/20q Lightning Warp + 20/20q Reduce Duration
Note: gloves is a nice item that you want to get dexterity (You need at least 98 dex).

Rare Boots (Gems inter-changeable with gloves) Colors: BBBR
20+/20q Flame Surge + 20/20q Spell Echo + 20/20q Fire Pen + 20/20q Conc. Effect.
Note: Movespeed on boots is not a priority.

Doryani's Catalyst (Gems interchangeable with Rise of the Phoenix) Colors BRR
20/0 Clarity + 20/0 Vitality + 20/0 Reduced Mana
Note: Best in slot choice of weapon.

Rise of the Phoenix (Gems interchangeable with Doryani's Catalyst) Colors RRR
10/0 Cast when damage taken + 10/20q Immortal Call + 11/20q Enduring Cry
Note: this setup is not compulsory, you can replace those 3 gems with others of your liking.

The stats you need from Rare Amulet Rings follow the order below
Life = Cast Speed > resistance = % lightning dmg > Dexerity > Energy shield = Mana = mana regen > everything else

Amulet If you did not get dex from gloves, choose a dex base amulet. (Remember you need at least 98 dex.)

Rings

Unset Ring is just my own preference.

Doryani's Invitation. Offers all the stats you need, probably the best in slot.

5) Flasks
Spoiler

Seething Life Flask to provide instant heal to save you from dying.

Ruby Flask gives a temporary boost in max fire resistance. This reduces the burn damage you take from Righteous Fire and allow your life to regen during the flask duration.

Topaz Flask to deal with deadly elemental reflect as we do tons of damage. Your best measure to counter ele-reflect when spamming arc.

Atziri's Promise provide extra life leech and damage when fighting high elemental resistance mobs or bosses.

6) Playstyle
Spoiler

Use arc to clear packs; flame surge for single target.
0) Turn all your auras and buff on.
1) Lightning Warp close to a pack.
2) Hold down right click (Arc).
3) Not dead, pop Atziri's Promise
4) One tough guy left use flame surge.
5) Repeat 1-4 until 0 monster remaining.

Note: There is only one major threat for this build - elemental reflect. So, spend the rest of your attention on your flask management and identifying ele-reflect particle.

This is your arch enemy.

7) Mathy-Wathy Stuff (Theory)
Spoiler

To sustain Righteous Fire (RF)
Your life regenerated per sec >= RF burning damage per sec

Note: Eldrith battery notable is taken so that the character will not take additional burning damage from energy shield which cannot be regenerated because the character is constantly taking burning damage.

Lv21 Purity of fire + Lv3 empower = Lv24 Purity of Fire which gives +5 maximum fire resist.
This build use aura effect nodes and buff effect nodes of 80% in total to buff the Purity of fire to give +9 maximum fire resist.

RF(taking into account buff effect) burns with
90% Fire resist - 11.11%hp/s <-(Lv20-22 Purity of fire)
91% Fire resist - 9.98%hp/s <-(Lv20-22 Purity of fire +Barbarism node)
92% Fire resist - 9.07%hp/s <-(Lv23+ Purity of fire)
93% Fire resist - 7.94%hp/s <-(Lv23+ Purity of fire +Barbarism node)

The formula for calculation is
hp/s burn = 90% (RF burn) x [1 + 26% (buff effect)] x [1 - ??% (max fire resist)]

Current Tree Life regen
9.17% hp/s

The formula for calculation is
hp/s regen = 6.2% (Passive Tree Regen) + 1.65% (Vitality) x [1+ 54%(Aura Effect) + 26% (Buff Effect)]

PS I will not be considering life regen from gears because the % hp/s regen is quite small and they will be less when your life increases.

8) Q&A
Spoiler

Can you do it without Lv 23 Purity of Fire?
Yes, but I will never do it coz not point efficient since you need to pick up +1 fire resist or life regen (Arsonist and Barbarism) from marauder tree (rougly 10-20pts more).

Why is my health degenerating despite having Lv23 Purity of Fire, Rise of the Phoenix and Aura&buff effect nodes on passive tree?
If you are not in map or under any curse, the reason is probably because your Vitality gem is not high level enough. The two 0.4% life regen nodes near Sion starting nodes can solve the problem.
For details on how to calculate RF burn and life regen look into Mathy-Wathy Stuff section.

What is the best damage scaling for the build.
Cast speed >>>> ele dmg > spell dmg > light dmg > fire dmg
Cast speed just trumps all dmg scaling.

Can other class use the build?
Yes, Templar and Shadow too can use this build. The only difference is the starting nodes and base stat (Str, int, dex). For this two class, you don't need to enter the witch part for % max mana, take the Dreamer notable or other % mana nodes instead.

Are there other way to deal with reflect?
Yes, more life leech is a solution. This implies Warlord's Mark and Atziri's Promise. Alternatively you can use Flame Surge, which won't get reflected due to AA and high fire resist, to kill the reflect aura mobs.

Are there ways to increase damage if I don't want to turn on RF because of map mods?
Yes, buy another Doryani's Catalyst and place it on your off-hand. Just swap Rise of the Phoenix for it if you don't feel like turning on RF.

In Atziri's third form, why is the mirror one killing me even though I have pop topaz flask?
This is an issue after patch 1.2. Easy solution is to use flame surge instead. If you really want to use arc to dps during the phase, Alchemist notable and warlord's mark are plausible solution.

9) Useful Websites
Spoiler

Mikelat's PoE Aura Calculator
https://poe.mikelat.com/

Close Beta Poe Wiki
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/index.php

[16-Jun-05 Update Lv 95 Passive Tree, specing into more life nodes ]
Last edited by MinaGing on Jul 10, 2015, 7:17:38 AM
And 23) Patch 2.0 Theory Crafting

I will be trying to employ the new EB and build around Lv23 Purity of Fire (I believe it is still strong). However, I will be dropping AA and Vitality in the new patch.

Passive Tree (110 pts)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnvop_xlM1ytOhL8HFL51QQrQM7BiIQhbzjDbqukZxcLuCHiY8c7NVSw18gwnhiNkT2wvwa2HiV8kdqi9vFecmlSj6Fr-Cxw-r-egki2h0QYfDOtpitz4ZihhW_gqDzJcG-wnYvTwtxKL22jWSg1_GrrvjGo-uPgxfC2H-umebHKevbORRU6Vo8lBH8B_vDqIAFCDhcwSzXz-aO8Bm9kjtPIKbxFjVpuw45CI62BpsJy826ZBVJKoaOBZv-tLjahcvZOcksFXWQqOApA==

(Need to be open with Close beta passive skill tree program
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/34lycn/cb_spoiler_dataminied_passive_skill_tree_web/)
Use at your own risk.

In the new tree
254 Str
104 Dex
292 Int

145% max Life
132% max ES (inc. Int bonus)
8.2% hp/s regen

48% Cast Speed
29% Spell Damage
46% Elemental Damage

3 Jewl Socket
Eldritch Battery

34% Reduced Mana Reserved
57% Aura Effect

To get the addition 3% aura effect to achieve 60% aura effect, we have to make use of a new unique jewel - Conqueror's Potency

Conqueror's Potency

Crimson Jewel
3% increased effect of Auras you Cast
8% increased effect of Flasks
4% increased Effect of your Curses
Limited to 1

Total Fire Resistance
75(Base) + 8 (Rise of the Phoenix) + 5 (Lv23 Purity of Fire) + 3 (60% Aura Effect)
=91%

Now Rf burns with
91% Fire resist - 8.10%hp/s <-(Lv23 Purity of fire)
92% Fire resist - 7.20%hp/s <-(Lv23 Purity of fire +Barbarism node)

8.2% > 8.1%
Regen > RF Burn

We will survive after setting ourselves on fire!!!
----
Auras
We will be reserving most of our mana and relie on ES for casting.
600 base ES from gears and passives will create a ES pool of 1392 which can allow casting for quite a while.

Depending on the %reserved mana of aura, the build make use of 3-5 aura/herald.

Certain: Lv23 Purity of Fire,
Almost-certain: Lv23 Purity of Lightning (depending on how GGG change reflect mechanics)
Considering: Herald of Thunder > Wrath > Haste > Anger > Herald of Ice

Changes
Lv3 Enlighten 92% mana multiplier
Lv4 Enlighten 88% mana multiplier

Conqueror's Efficiency

Crimson Jewel
3% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
4% increased Skill Effect Duration
2% reduced Mana Reserved
Limited to: 1

Interesting Unique Jewels with synergy with the build
Spoiler

UniqueJewel52
Crimson Jewel
(7-10)% increased maximum Life
Adds 1 to maximum Life per 3 Intelligence in Radius

Sturdy Growth
Crimson Jewel
If at least 70 Strength is Allocated in Radius, 15% increased Life Recovery rate.

Fragile Bloom
Crimson Jewel
2% of Life Regenerated per Second
10% increased Damage taken

Last edited by MinaGing on May 8, 2015, 8:54:28 AM
How would you handle the physical damage without AA?
I have leveled the character to lv 95. I have spec out the elemental triangle on the templar tree to opt for more Life. With slightly less dps, the build has far more surviability with 5k Life. I have not died a single time during the leveling process.

Reflect, freeze and stun have far less impact due to the increase in my life pool.

"
R_Marquardt wrote:

How would you handle the physical damage without AA?

Lightning coil as the primary method.
In the new expansion, I will be looking into the possibility of Chaos Golem, warlord's wark, AA and fortify. It really depends on the leech changes and how many free socket will there be in the expansion.
Link your cwdt has folow if you want it to work :

Cwdt -> Enduring cry -> immortal call

if you put imortall call first you won't have charges for it.
Hey, this build seems interesting and I will probably try it out as my first character on the new 2.0 leagues.

However I replaced 4 nodes in your passive tree from down the right at Heart of Oak to the life reg nodes at templar starting point.
This results in 8.8% life/sec instead of 8.2% life/sec, and 45% increased mana regeneration. The downside of this change is 3% less maximum life (down to 5% from 8%), and 30 less dexterity. However we still remain at 74 dexterity which I honestly think is enough for only being from the passive tree. You can easily aquire 22 more dexterity on the gear somewhere in my opinion.

Other than that, have you got anymore updates on this build? :)
Last edited by Bassemannen on Jul 4, 2015, 12:24:18 PM
If you are playing this build in 2.0. You are definitely using EB for simpler and less RF burn.
As you will be using EB, you will want to reserve all your mana with auras and heralds.
Mana regen will be a useless stat on the build.

With my previous experience playing the build. 0.6% life regen doesn't make huge difference. Just enough lifegen to sustain Rf is probably optimal.

After seeing some beta gameplay footage. I think the build is a bit too stationary and close range (even with arc). There may be some problems if the mobs damage is being buffed to a point that the build can't tank with flask and leech.

I will probably be using Taste of Hate instead of topaz flask of warding. And use a seething divine flask of warding.

Auras/ Heralds
PoF(lv21) - PoL(lv21) - Empower(lv4) - Enlighten (lv4)
(AA - HoI) / Wrath - HoT - Enighten (lv3)

PS Enlighten (lv4 can be replaced by lv3 if you invest in Conqueror's Efficiency.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info