CI Soul Strike - Poison arrow trapper [Cheap build]

A really cheap (requires only 4 links), tanky, PA build I used in the 1 month race. Unfortunately this is not great for self found as it requires the unique: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Strike.

At level 80 I was running:
- 110 str, 279 int, 231 dex
- 65% faster ES recovery (210% with Soul Strike)
- 6k Energy shield (10k with Vaal Discipline)
- 8k Evasion (+ Ondars)
- 92/90/95/100 resistances (can do ele weakness maps easily)
- 20% increased AoE
- 40% magic find

The leveling process wasn't ideal for a race, because, CI. However as a first character in a league, this is the strongest build I have played.

The idea is based around an evasion character with a large ES pool and an extremely fast recharge rate. Evasion combined with Ondar's guile means the majority of projectiles miss, thus preventing interruptions to your ES recharge.

I picked up a near perfect rolled Soul Strike for 5 chaos. Most of the time, low rolled verions are available for under 2 chaos. You have to wait to level 64 before you can spec to CI. Without this quiver, your playstyle is very slow, constantly waiting for ES to recharge

Requirements:

-Soul Stike unique quiver
-Minimum +2 gem bow

Passive Tree (level 80):

Bandits:

I chose to kill all 3 bandits, however in Normal, Kraitlyn for all resistances might be useful too.

My links are:

1. Poison arrow + Concentrated effect + Trap + Multi traps

If I was richer, my 5thlink would be empower, 6th link: slower projectiles/increased aoe

2: Cast when stunned + Enduring cry + Immortal Call + Decoy Totem

This will be nerfed in 2.0, but I'd remove EC, IC and add ice wall and temp chains.

3: Grace + Discipline + Clarity + Reduced mana

Obvious defensive auras and mana regen.

4: Vulnerability + Conversion trap + Vaal discipline + Increased duration

Super efficient link setup here. Vulnerability is picked for obvious reasons, conversion trap is absolutely fantastic to save you in clutch situations. Converting a rare means nearby mobs will focus it and melt in your poison cloud in the mean time. Vaal discipline is a great 'oh shit' button. Also fantastic to pop just before opening a box.

5: Bear trap + Added fire + Culling strike + Increased Duration

Really strong single target damage. Can be used for culling. however I went with Increased Duration to hold Tormented spirits in place. Empower would also be a strong 4th link.

My gear:
Spoiler

My flasks:
Spoiler

The build has huge room for progression, I really think with a +2+1 bow, empower, Leo mod on bow and some more passive points, the DPS will easily be able to carry you through end game.
Last edited by Chazaqiel on Apr 26, 2015, 4:09:31 AM
You should take Sniper in the tree. Projectile damage applies the same way to the damage of the poison cloud as increased chaos damage. The 30% from Sniper for 2 points would therefore be better than the 2 10% increased chaos damage from the Corruption circle.

I would also rather link increased aoe instead of multiple traps. As the clouds don't stack you only get a potentially bigger aoe (if the traps are all triggered) at the expense of 40% less damage. Not a good trade-off imo.
Oh nice, I had no idea about the sniper. I've changed that now, thanks.

In regard to the multi trap, I went with that due to a lack of supports available to me. Multi trap + conc effect output a bit more damage than a single trap without conc, with a similar aoe.

I would certainly consider removing those two links and use PA + Trap + Slower proj + Inc aoe, or something similar to boost the DPS.

Thanks for the feedback.
question. how do u sustaib mana?
dank

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info