[1.3] Static CoMK Discharger with Oro's Sacrifice (Budget)

Hey,

I have built a melee Templar, who uses Static Strike as main skill, gathers charges via Romira's Banquet and Oro's Sacrifice "Gain a Frenzy Charge if an attack ignites an enemy" and discharges them via Cast on Melee Kill.
We have seen some Flicker builds with Oro's Sacrifice, also there were some cast on melee kill builds, which featured prismatic eclipse and cyclone. I also found a build, in which hayon's fury was used in a somewhat similar way. All these items are too expensive for me. This build is very budget, as there is no 5-linked (not to mention 6L) and except for Oro's Sacrifice and Romira's Banquet, everything else is self-found. The former were traded for 1 Chaos and 1 Exalted.

The build also works without Romira's Banquet and without Oro's Sacrifice, then you will need endurance charge on melee stun and a hard hitting 2H. In fact the build was first designed to mainly deal fire damage through endurance discharge, but then Romira's was just too good to leave it aside. Lastly Elemental Equilibrium was inlcuded, which turned out to work good.

For bosses Molten Strike with WED, Multistrike and Faster Attacks is used, since I added EE, multistrike might be removed soon or Molten Strike will be replaced with Elemental Hit, but I haven't tested up to now. Also 2 curses are applied via ball lightning. I use Enfeeble and Temporal Chains, because survivability is very useful on hardcore :D Also Oro's Sacrifice is not the safest thing out there. Also ball lightning takes down the fire resistance of the mobs, then Static Strike hits with fire (only) damage, killing someone, releasing a discharge with lightning/cold dmg, which deals a great shitload of damage, since resistances are reduced, comk increases spell damage. I realized that elemental weakness is not necessary since discharge just blows everything apart, as well as concentrated effect is disfavored against increased area of effect.

Gameplay Vids:

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
very cheap budget build
huge masses can be cleared fast
fun to play (beheading enemies with a huge sword results in big explosions)

Cons:
non-tank-melee, need to play careful
fire resistant bosses can be a pain
elemental reflect

Skill Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

Bandits:
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn
Merciless: Alira or Skill point

Notes:
Spoiler

You might think, that this build is shitty for party play, actually it is not. Oro's Sacrifice comes with culling strike against burning enemies. Therefore you won't be discharging every second as in solo play, but you will gather max power and frenzy stacks often, culling someone and then releasing a devastating discharge. Furthermore you could pick up Conduit and provide charges to party members.

Another important note: You should head for Vaal Pact (which is not far), if you have a 5L. Then you can go use life leech and easily solve the problem with elemental reflect. With 4L it is also possible, but as long as I can go on and kill ele reflecters with increased area of effect, I will do so. But I will pick up vaal pact soon, because this gets more severe on higher maps. Also warlord's mark can be used to get life leech, since it is very easy to apply this to every enemy via ball lightning, but then discharge will do some fire damage sometimes, which is bad for the EE combo with static strike. But I don't know until tested.

Yes, I will pick up the other power charge node. EE was just more exciting for the moment :D

Variations of the build:
Spoiler

This build is mainly designed for my low budget. If you have better items there is a lot of space for improvement. I have used blood rage sometimes, it is strong, but the life loss is no longer acceptable on merciless, without changes. If you are really rich and have a Shavronne's Wrappings, then you should do the build differently. A low life build is (as usual) much stronger then. Blood Rage's attack speed bonus on low life is insane, the frenzy charges fit in very well, pain attunement of course too and not to mention the 5 auras you will run then. Crown of Eyes will be totally insane as well. Such a build would look something like this:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4z53cBmPAWf3-98gpuaO-w4wBqMdrcx-tJmnnzlGGp4L5uhj0YdFFgHrJj310yz215QMD1fUlOXlZf0gh582fcycqmYrSj6ZOcXL1XWgKRCoySwe9eP-uwYwcWIQhEPTC0UsOq6DXxXybQMW_QdquGIRnEvb9kTcLusqlnzpwi4k-vuX2rb50cG0NAWQIV9njxtGacrNbkRUB1PwJoJqtn8gwmQ1iympus3g2ND8uE0Cjdm
http://www.roadatlas.eu
Last edited by prawda on Apr 3, 2015, 3:45:47 AM
I found this reddit thread some days ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/30b9gt/cast_on_static_kill/
Here is another Thread, this time without video footage unfortunately, but this is the one with hayon's fury
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ow4ox/13_build_idea_hyaons_fury_cast_on_melee_kill/
And for completion, here is another thread:
http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1102615

This gives a nice overview of CoMK Discharge builds. Also I'd be very happy if you guys can give me feedback, what can be improved/changed to be able to do higher maps.

Initially I wanted to build this with leap slam and endurance charge on melee stun. It turned out, that it was not working good enough past lvl 50. With Romira's I tried it again, because I have 1 more slot for increased damage. I also switched to Tabula Rasa, so I could also use concentrated effect and weapon elemental damage (plus the rest). Still you end up killing faster without concentrated effect, it is really great fun against huge white mobs, just jump in and everything dies, but against blues it is a pain in the ass even at the docks. In opposite to static strike, which also works against blues.

Some further thoughts:
I think vigilant strike will be great for this build in the future. The hits can't be evaded look really awesome. It might be possible to leave Resolute Technique aside then, having overall more survivability and a single hit skill with huge impact for the procs.
Also I thought Doryani's Catalyst with Shield Charge might be a cool way to proc the discharge.
http://www.roadatlas.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info