NEWBIE NEEDS HELP WITH A BUILD!

Hi Guys,

I've already created a passive tree but I have too low HP, I hope that with experience and knowledge somebody can help me.

My problem is:

I'd like to create a crit ice shadow that uses daggers, possibly with Cold snap. My idea is to freeze with crit cold snaps and finish the dirty job with a phys crit skill.

I can't figure out how can I resolve my prob.
So, if I understood your problem, you would like to make an attack-spell hybrid?

In that case, my advice would be to give up on it and start with something more straightforward, PoE is all about specialization in passives and gearing. Splitting your attention severely gimps your character's performance so it is usually done by experienced and wealthy players that can afford the gear that can provide the needed headroom. And it is done strictly for fun, a char like that will never be able to compete with a specialized one.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
So, if I understood your problem, you would like to make an attack-spell hybrid?

In that case, my advice would be to give up on it and start with something more straightforward, PoE is all about specialization in passives and gearing. Splitting your attention severely gimps your character's performance so it is usually done by experienced and wealthy players that can afford the gear that can provide the needed headroom. And it is done strictly for fun, a char like that will never be able to compete with a specialized one.

Pretty much this. Path of exilse isn't designed for hybrid spell damage + attack builds.

About your low health problem you just need to grab more life nodes than you think are necessary and prioritize good life and resistance rolls on gear.

I'd be happy to help you improve your skill tree if you link it here
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Mar 29, 2015, 9:16:09 AM
"

Thank you for your advices and for your time :)

"
I'd be happy to help you improve your skill tree if you link it here

Premise: I know that is unbalanced and so on..But is a draft.
Anyway I could also switch from an attack-spell hybrid to a full spell, or change the character (For example with a Scion but I don't know if it could work) I just want to freeze for quite a long time mobs/other players in PvP with a cold snap and then kill them with a non-ice skill.(Now my priorities are changed cause after your tips I've understood that This build couldn't work.)

This was the draft build I've done, (90ish lvl) :
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXw8vSxGUEKMNgL-34RCw13yDkhjQ3DVidNwUhGWf8bBxeNW5Os3gewYUrKIQo_66_XyHWSduZPDCVPUjYLR5J8BF1RMLRSwgh7Q9UGWrrNMsy0flSDB8wVCKgvz6n3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBvLhmhNwVpAb29TjhLTF2-dh4lVLbIxirCaVnaq5fIwL7LA2PUlR8NVRR42_BbXC7CT951R6U2Hrz3qyGTIBmybo1g==

Thanks in advance for your time!!
Ill take a look at your tree once I get home from work.
Sure, if you go full caster it will work just fine. You don't plan on spamming cold snap so you don't even need an efficient power charge generator, assassin's mark will do the job just fine for your everyday use.

Here's how a crit cold caster with cold snap would work in principle. You want your standard caster bread&butter nodes like spell damage, elemental damage and cast speed, you also want crit chance and multi, power charges and AoE. Hitting more enemies with your snaps is a good idea, and proliferated area will also be larger when you do freeze something. A good main spell for such a build would be glacial cascade because it also scales with AoE and has a high base crit.

Raics has done a pretty good job with your tree it seems, i'd suggest following it.

The only thing I'd suggest is picking up both of the aviod interruption while casting node and ofcourse the practical appliaction notable between the two. I think it's mandatory if you're not going to pick up unwavering stance or evasion/dodge.
Indeed, a great node for most casters, especially life based ones.

Thank u very much to both of you for your advices! I'll give the raics' tree a go. I hope to do insane freeze/damages with it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info