Avatar of Fire 2H Leap/MS. HoA Overkill Prolif. 17-28k Fire per Hit

Just another mess around build I made in torment. Very unique but extremely fun to play. Cost worthy to some but cheap for others. The main idea on this build is just to stack overkill dps from HoA + Prolif, then on top of that the amount of fire damage you are stacking makes the burn absolutely immense. But yes, this is another typical Smash/Burn Prolif builds, which as we know are pretty much everywhere now. Just going to post some very basic stuff about this build and maybe go in depth later.
(Guide written in a hurry sorry for the mess will add videos later if anyone is intersted)
---------
Not optimized. Needs a 6l. With a 5r1g 6l I could run ML in MS allowing me to curse everything w/ Ele weak+Flam for way better dps on bosses.
---------
Gear

Rings/Ammy - I got very lucky finding these for sell. Ammy you want Dex+Res+Life+Phys+Fire, mines hard to replace. Both rings are insane. The unset is only better with higher rolls. It's prefect in every other way. Res+Life+Wed+Fire+Phys, The Saph is also insane highest t1 dmg rolls, w/ life and res. Major DPS Boost.

Armor - Straight Forwards 5l w/ Armor/Life/Res (Could be better)

Axe - Again straight forward. Karui for highest DPS Base then AS + High dmg rolls. (Could be better)

Boots - WINDSCREAM! KEY! Explained later.

Gloves - Great Gloves Dmg+AS+Life/Res. (Could be better)

Helm - High Armor+Str+Life. Str is great for more dps. (Could be better)

Belt - Doryanis for LL/Dmg/Res
---------
SKILL TREE
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4w9_Fhjxtj2SIzPXz_vDhQgUEfkUesJOQ4Jlpd5hVKtjdlhdqzPfgn21HwGDiftGS7qGBNMJvgX4U4ywaP461n-MHfiYWRS0iFXDfJBggd25zhTIq-ezacwGJG8nxRNAef8S5_LZKM26GWne3SuUEZp_lQNzStQHM49D8T2ffU62Hy7JIvsOCcvGjiQVcAaRtdxhXrmY_135YKbmjvvfDwFn9_AZqIABLPwH_rSZp7jahZvrJj315uhj0YdFFXGOljsVSqNSRs22PFsr433TXYrgIp82fcy
Avatar of Fire of Course it's the point of this mess around build.
1 +30 Dex Node = 1 +30 Int node for Auras. Could be swapped w/ better gear.
Other than that the AOE nodes For more leap slam+prolif area, and Res Tech+Unwavering of course. Then just a ton of life and DPS nodes. Pretty straight forward. Both Fire Pen nodes for 5% Fire Pen for free. Onslaught axe node is AMAZING. Makes clearing maps a breeze. Basically Leapslam+Molten everywhere with 20% increased attack speed and Move speed.
---------
!!!!!KEY THINGS!!!!!

The mana leech on this build was the hardest thing to sustain because you deal No Phys. (And I dont have a 6l) I preferred to not use BM Gems/Node Because using the gem you lose a LOT of dps. The node because Auras+BM = No go.

Windscream Boots!!! They are KEY for Leech when needed and DPS. I simply just curse w/ Warlords+ Flam to sustain LL/ML *IF* it is ever needed, otherwise I use Fire Pen Strike + Dual Dmg Curse. You can 1-4 shot most bosses not worrying about mana For packs I use Ele Weak/Flam + Leap Slam. My LS has ML so no need to worry about mana there.

Doyanis obviously, LL + Resist + DPS.

Amulet w/ High Dex so you don't have to sac nodes for Dex to run hatred.

Blood Magic Gem for Curses or else you can't sustain.
---------
SKILLS

5l Molten Strike - MPD, AFD, WED, Fire Pen/Multistrike. (Multistrike for more leech/bosses for solo dps, Fire Pen for stupid prolif on packs.) (6l Would complete this build allowing ML so you could Ele Weak/Flam everything.)

5l Leap Slam - MPD/AFD/WED/Mana Leech. Mana leech allows you to dual curse Ele Weak+Flam as stated above for some Insane Prolif. (6l I would add Fire Pen)

Curses - Blood Magic, Ele weakness, Flammability, Warlords Mark. (Can swap EW w/ AOE/Faster Casting)

Auras - Reduced, HoA , Hatred , Prolif. Straight Forward.

A CWDT Setup, level the gems to what level you feel effective.
---------
DAMAGE NUMBERS

(Dont have pics sorry, also posting BASE Fire DPS + Tooltip. This build also isn't about Tooltip DPS, it's about Base + Overkill.)

Molten Strike w/ Fire Pen + Auras
Tooltip - 39,109
Base Fire DPS - 17,646-28,638 (On Hit) Estimated Ball Dmg = 10-15k?
Also You get 35% Fire Pen from Max Gem (40% w/ nodes) + Another -78% Fire Res to enemies from Dual Curse. This results in MASSIVE Fire Overkill for Prolif, this setup also 1-4 shots most bosses.

Molten Strike w/ Multistrike + Auras
Tooltip - 53,995
Base Fire DPS - 11,831-19,201 (Per Hit) Estiamted Ball Dmg - 6-10k?
Here with Warlords Mark you get insane Life Leech so it's very hard to die. Also the attack speed w/ strike is at .29 Attack time so 3.5 Attack per Second results in some great solo dps.

Leap Slam + Auras
Tooltip - 16,567 (Low Tooltip but great dps)
Base Fire DPS - 10,440-16,994
The base fire DPS Combined w/ Dual Curse dropping enemies res by -78% Fire Along w/ 5% Fire Pen from nodes results in basically leapslamming = to a medium to strong damage flameblast.
---------
That's about it if you have any question just message me here.
Last edited by TheNugernaut on Mar 20, 2015, 4:26:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info