The 6 Simple Ways GGG could save PvP

How to fix pvp in the most simple ways which GGG is capable of actually doing.

1. Make LLD unique drops more common in LLD farming areas. Areas Like Piety, dominus, Cruel hillock, and cruel mudflats. This makes the rare corrupts easier to get. They could also make the rare implicit from corrupted a bit more common.

2. Add spell damage/mana hybrid to bench along with phys/accuracy hybrid. PvP only from leos bench if they have to.

3. Add Elreon, Vagan, Vorici, and other master's signature mods to the bench for an moderate-high price. PvP only from Leo's bench if they must.

4. Vaal orb recipe for undesired corrupted uniques. Some sort of vaal orb recipe to keep the price of vaal orbs skyrocketing with the inflated amount of LLD unique items.

5. PvP Town for pvp chars. PvP is anti-social and needs a better method for trading/grouping for pvp events rather than through guilds solely. Cross league friendly would be preferable, segregation between leagues is a problem.

6. Better pre-made PvP characters. It would be even beneficial for veterans to have this. Combine gear you personally own with the gear u get from premades. They need to start with an arrangement of 20q gems or atleast 10%+, a 5link, 4 links on everything else, and no respecs so people dont get a free respec in the middle of tournaments.

P.s.
- I find many people throwing out suggestions. Many of these suggestions go against the nature of elements GGG wants to keep for PoE PvP. This game is an ARPG. There should be a grind to get gear. There should be min/maxing on stats to get the best possible for ceiling lvl gear. Farming LLD gear should be possible. Right now everything is mostly crafted oriented. We can keep all the elements that GGG wants for PoE PvP with my 6 listed solutions. The entry into pvp currently is pretty outrageous but leaves room for the most HC players to find enjoyment doing this. With the 6 listed solutions, the most competitive players will still have those qualities to strive for but casual players will be able to get a foot in the door.

Below is some of my best efforts to save pvp.
LLD Farming synergy

PvP Town
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 11, 2015, 2:52:59 AM
Doing all this should help better establish the meta and then balance the meta. Currently not enough players are around to even distinguish the meta very clearly. Its all he said this and he did this. If there was 10x the population and everyone using 3 builds, it would be very evident what needs to be adjusted. Right now we have maybe a couple hundred playing many different builds with many different tiers of gear and its pretty hard to see whether its skill or gear thats unbalanced imo.
Would be nice to see some of this given some attention,maybe after Act 4 rolls around!

Note:Gotta love those results for a PvP town. The people hath spoken!
I've always like the idea of making pvp have no entrance fee, just a time investment. I have heard of many examples of this.

1. PvP race hybrid. Race for 2 hours, max level to achieve is level 28, then you pvp other players.
2. PvP where you choose from a large inventory of pvp gear, and sort of do a draft (mtg style)
3. PvP where you get really good items from Leo in exchange for "pvp points"
4. PvP where everyone uses premade characters.

I think all of these modes would be a blast and be super fun, for pvp players and pve players.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
I've always like the idea of making pvp have no entrance fee, just a time investment. I have heard of many examples of this.

1. PvP race hybrid. Race for 2 hours, max level to achieve is level 28, then you pvp other players.
2. PvP where you choose from a large inventory of pvp gear, and sort of do a draft (mtg style)
3. PvP where you get really good items from Leo in exchange for "pvp points"
4. PvP where everyone uses premade characters.

I think all of these modes would be a blast and be super fun, for pvp players and pve players.

All very good suggestions but doesnt fix the core of LLD. I would like to see stuff like this also be developed but if they dont do the suggested list of 6 solutions we will retain quite a bit of negativity for core pvp. All your suggestions do seem within GGG's capabilities which is important. Too many people trying to turn PoE PvP into a moba or something GGG doesn't perceive it as. Your suggestions do seem along the lines of what they want for pvp other than number 3....thats ideal but quite a bit like world of warcraft.
"

1. Make items and orbs drops more common in all farming areas. Areas Like Piety, dominus, library, and maps. This makes the rare corrupts easier to get. They could also make the rare implicit from corrupted a bit more common.

2. Add spell damage/mana hybrid to bench along with phys/accuracy hybrid. PvP only from leos bench if they have to.

3. Rework tora, haku, catarina and vorici signature mods. Regal recipe to ilvl72

4. Vaal orb recipe for undesired corrupted uniques. Some sort of vaal orb recipe to keep the price of vaal orbs skyrocketing with the inflated amount of LLD uniques.

5. PvP Town for pvp chars. PvP is anti-social and needs a better method for trading/grouping for pvp events rather than through guilds solely.

6. Better SARN ARENA features and make pre-made pvp characters able to join only this area. It would be even beneficial for veterans to have this. They need to start with an arrangement of +1 gem boots + random level 1 to 2 empower/enhance or at least with 100% phys weapons with good aps, a 5link white chest, 4 links on everything else and gg ample/warding/panick flasks.

Fixed ur 6 points with mines but yeah i agree with you in many points.
Spoiler
"
2i0 wrote:
"

1. Make items and orbs drops more common in all farming areas. Areas Like Piety, dominus, library, and maps. This makes the rare corrupts easier to get. They could also make the rare implicit from corrupted a bit more common.

3. Rework tora, haku, catarina and vorici signature mods. Regal recipe to ilvl72

4. Vaal orb recipe for undesired corrupted uniques. Some sort of vaal orb recipe to keep the price of vaal orbs skyrocketing with the inflated amount of LLD uniques.

5. PvP Town for pvp chars. PvP is anti-social and needs a better method for trading/grouping for pvp events rather than through guilds solely.

6. Better SARN ARENA features and make pre-made pvp characters able to join only this area. It would be even beneficial for veterans to have this. They need to start with an arrangement of +1 gem boots + random level 1 to 2 empower/enhance or at least with 100% phys weapons with good aps, a 5link white chest, 4 links on everything else and gg ample/warding/panick flasks.

Fixed ur 6 points with mines but yeah i agree with you in many points.

if you look at my pvp town thread it actually suggests making sarn arena into a pvp town. I think this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Basically extend the 4 gates into a safe area with stash/guildstash. I think your reworking of my point in #1 would affect the game outside LLD and I dont think LLD farming areas should imbalance orb drops. The point is to gear for LLD farming there, not get rich. Also I think on step 6 some of your suggestions might be too far but would also be pretty awesome lol.
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 11, 2015, 2:51:32 AM
"

if you look at my pvp town thread it actually suggests making sarn arena into a pvp town. I think this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Basically extend the 4 gates into a safe area with stash/guildstash. I think your reworking of my point in #1 would affect the game outside LLD and I dont think LLD farming areas should imbalance orb drops. The point is to gear for LLD farming there, not get rich.

you know i know you know PvP in this game is about PvE wealth so...and about the point 6 they will stay OP just in Sarn arena. and i believe this only applies for legacy leagues the incentive must be huge for temp leagues.
Last edited by 2i0 on Mar 11, 2015, 2:57:37 AM
Spoiler
"
2i0 wrote:
"

if you look at my pvp town thread it actually suggests making sarn arena into a pvp town. I think this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Basically extend the 4 gates into a safe area with stash/guildstash. I think your reworking of my point in #1 would affect the game outside LLD and I dont think LLD farming areas should imbalance orb drops. The point is to gear for LLD farming there, not get rich.

you know i know you know PvP in this game is about PvE wealth so...and about the point 6 they will stay OP just in Sarn arena.

very true but if they provided the listed solutions it wouldn't be wealth based at all really, other than getting a crazy corrupted 6link and maxed gear for every slot. Although even with gear like that it would still be possible for other players to compete. This is speaking hypothetically given all 6 listed solutions. You would be able to farm your corrupts, craft decent gear with hybrid, and use premades for the 20q gems and a 5link/flasks. Would be soooooooo epic!
"
if you look at my pvp town thread it actually suggests making sarn arena into a pvp town. I think this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Basically extend the 4 gates into a safe area with stash/guildstash.

PvP chars already get the sarn arena staging area if they dont have a hideout in the new league.
if we can just add a waypoint to that place and make it just a tiny bit bigger it would do the trick for the most part.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info