Infernal Cyclone

Infernal Cyclone

This is my first build guide, so suggestions are welcome. The build is inspired by many previous build guides I've read, including Unarmed Cyclone Destroyer and FACEBREAKER 2.0

This build is a twist on the standard Marauder Facebreaker Cyclone, with an emphasis on fire damage and blowing up mobs. I'm affectionately naming this build "Infernal Cyclone", due to the mob explosions provided by the gear combination I'm using, which reminds me of Infernal Blow. Let me explain.

At it's heart, this is a standard Facebreaker Cyclone build. The core components are:

I'm using a non-legacy Facebreaker, 795% increased unarmed phys damage, which cost me a few chaos. Abyssus provides the bulk of the added flat phys, Meginord's Girdle provides a bunch more. Cyclone is the main attack.

More phys damage and defences are provided by a decent rare ring and amulet:

Top it off with some added Elemental damage with Herald of Ash (fire) and Hatred (cold).

Nothing new here, tried and true.

The flavor for this build comes via the shield and the other ring:

With Chernobog's Pillar, 25% of the physical damage is converted to fire. Pyre converts Hatred's significant contribution of cold damage directly to fire, spices it up with some increased burning damage, and finishes off the fiery dessert by destroying any burning mob killed.

Spinning fists of exploding fire! Behold the Infernal Cyclone.

Offence

All told, I have Cyclone at just over 19k dps. Added flat phys on gear is very important. HoA and Hatred contribute about a third of the total damage.

On the Passive Tree, notables such as Born to Fight, Retribution, Solidity, Master of the Arena, Art of the Gladiator, Defiance, and Retaliation all work together to increase melee physical damage and attack speed. Since unarmed attacks have no chance to crit, taking the Resolute Technique keystone seems like a no-brainer.

The trigger gems Riposte and Reckoning help out significantly, adding 10k and 8k dps respectively whenever triggered by a block.

I also use Shield Charge with Melee Splash as a pseudo movement skill, taking out nasty totems from afar, or charging into the middle of a mob group to set off an explosive fiery chain reaction of destruction. Shield Charge tops out at just over 10k dps.

Although not required, I'm also wearing a Daresso's Defiance chest armour, which builds up Endurance Charges when I kill, and provides Onslaught when I'm hit. This boosts my attack speed by 20%. When Onslaught is engaged, Cyclone dps exceeds 21K.

Defence

Defence for this character is stacking as much Armour, Block, Life, Life Regen, and Life Leech as possible. Much of this comes from the passive tree, but key components have to come from gear. The passive tree also provides a few special bonuses such as 180% increased defenses from equipped shield, enemies cannot leech life, all armour movement penalties are ignored, and 20% reduced extra damage from critical strikes.

Armour comes from gear (helm +719, chest +881, shield +877, boots +290), augmented by passives like Armour Mastery (+24%), Sanctity (+20%), Faith and Steel (+20%), Unyielding (+30%), Soul of Steel (+30%), and Bravery (+24%).

Block comes from the shield (25%), plus passives like Solidity (+3%), Defiance (+3%), and Testudo (+3%).

Life comes from the chest (+40), belt (+10%), and passives like Constitution (+20, +14%), Heart of the Warrior (+20, +10%), Barbarism (+6%), Discipline and Training (+30, +10%), Devotion (+8%), Bloodless (+8%, also prevents life leech), Golem's Blood (+5%), and Bravery (+8%).

Life regen comes from Sanctity (1%), Warrior's Blood (1.8%), Armour Mastery (0.5%), Master of the Arena (1%), Golem's Blood (1%) and another 0.8% from the tree.

Life leech from amulet (4% of phys damage) and chest (2% of phys damage).

And, of course, key passives such as Diamond Skin (+15% all) , Elementalist (+12% all), and a few others augment the elemental resistances provided by the gear. Purity of Elements ensures the resistances are capped.

Gear

Gems

Here's my current setup:

[Chest] Cyclone - Blood Magic - Melee Phys Damage - Added Fire Damage - Faster Attacks
[Shield] Riposte - Reckoning - Melee Phys Damage
[Boots] Shield Charge - Melee Splash - Melee Damage on Full Life - Melee Physical Damage
[Gloves] Herald of Ash - Hatred - Purity of Elements - Reduced Mana
[Helm] Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Added Fire Damage - Chance to Ignite

Pros

Fun to play. Spin around everywhere and blow stuff up.

With damage split between Fire and Phys, neither Phys Reflect nor Ele Reflect are a big deal.

Relatively cheap. The most expensive item is the 5-link Daresso's Defiance at maybe 2ex, and that's completely optional. Everything else added up can probably be
had for less than 2ex.

Cons

Not very many movement skills available for unarmed. I wish I had Leap Slam. :-(

Abyssus means you take more damage from phys attacks. Just be careful and it's not anything to worry about.

Doesn't blow things up as reliably as Infernal Blow.

Can be tough to max your resistances with so many uniques. Would be nice not to have to run Purity of Elements.

No Chaos resist.

While it may not be as bad as it used to be, Cyclone is still prone to desync.

Videos

Coming soon!

Q&A:

Is it Hardcore viable?
- I suppose so, if you play carefully. I play this build in Standard. I don't have much experience in Hardcore.

Is it Atziri viable?
- Beats me. I'm a casual player who has never attempted Atziri. Perhaps some day...
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info