(1.3.X) Ice Spear Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics Shadow (HC Viable)

Originally I came up with the idea for this build in the Forsaken Masters expansion when a lot of skills like Ice Spear got buffed from a flat damage perspective as well as things like Herald of Ice. I recreated the build in patch 1.3 as my main character and scaled it higher than in the previous league. The build has defeated every boss in the game in a hardcore challenge league with the exception of Uber Atziri.

Currently I am level 92 in bloodlines, I also made essentially the same build last league and got it to 89.

Pros:
High DPS even in groups
High clear speed
High defense from freeze
High level Arctic armour
Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics
Made for Hardcore so "hardcore viable"
"Atziri Viable"
Somewhat Inexpensive
Fun to play

Cons
Not the largest life pool
Can struggle with mana regen
Zero armour
Requires knowledge on gearing
Not the best for beginners

The build can be played as both Shadow or Witch, All that changes are the starts.

Shadow Start
Pros: Elemental nodes buff the herald effects, 4% cast speed nodes, more base dex.
Cons: 25% less mana regen.

Witch Start
Pros: 25% mana regen.
Cons: Slightly less damage, harder to get the dex needed.

You can level however you want, I used freeze pulse until about 50 taking life nodes, crit chance and then getting mana regen as I needed it. I picked up the acrobatics cluster around level 60. I then filled out the crit multi, cast speed and elemental damage.

Passive Skill Tree
Spoiler
Shadow (level 92)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4DHgQHBUIFtQX5Bx4I9A5ID8QQWBGWFecWvxbzH0Ej9iT9JjwmlSepKlssnC0fL50wcTB8MgE2PTpCOlg7fEGWQsNFfElRS3hMs02SUDBRR1LsVUtVxlcrXfJfKmHiYetirGNDakNrF2yMbRlwUnDVc7N6U3_Ggh6CXoPbidOMNo19jb-P-pUglS6XBpeXmyadqqKjrrOvm7IZtDi0xbjKuZO747zqvYLAVMHzwuzDCcSiy73PetD11CPbC9te3ajfhOOE5RnmgedU6Nbr5Ov18Gvw1fId_rr_3g==
Witch (Level 90)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gMeBAcFQgW1BfkHHgelCPQOSA_EEFgRlha_FvMfQSP2JP0mPCaVKlssnC0fL50wcTB8MgE2PTpCOlg7fEGWQsNJUUmyS3hMs02SUDBRR1LsVUtVxlcrXfJfKmHiYetirGNDakNrF2yMbRlwUnDVelN-WX_GghCCHoJeg9uJ04w2jX2Nv4_6lSCVLpcGmyadqqKjrrOvm7IZtMW4yrmTu-O86r2CwFTB88LswwnEos960PXUI9sL217dqN-E34rfsOOE51To1uvk6_Xw1fId_rP-uv_e

My Gear
Spoiler

I would like to note that you do NOT need any particular unique to run this build although I Highly recommend Atziri's Step as it is fairly inexpensive and a large buff to defense from reflect and enemies. The Berek's Grip is INCREDIBLE for any spell caster that deals cold and/or lightning damage but is not needed instead use a ring with Life, Mana regen and then cast speed, resists, attributes etc. And getting cold leech on your weapon/belt or with a lucky amulet corruption.

Gem Links

Ice Spear > GMP/LMP > Cold Penetration > Echo > Faster Casting>Added Cold/Added Lightning/Crit multi

Crit Multi after the nerf is acually lower dps than both added cold and added lightning for this skill (I would recommend added cold>Lightning) Also you want to have GMP most of the time as it has more aoe clearing and you can shotgun more effectively. I swap LMP in for fights like Atziri, Palace Dominus and any dangerous boss that you do not want to shotgun with GMP.

Secondary Ice Spear > LMP > Power Charge On Critical > Elemental Proliferation

This is great to keep up your power charges when fighting a boss that has no mobs near it, As well as being a great defense from proliferating the freeze on dangerous packs.

Cast When Damage Taken > Enduring Cry > Increased Duration > Immortal Call

Standard cast when damage taken setup

Curse on Hit > Herald of Ice > Herald of Lightning > Assassins mark

Using Curse on hit with Herald of Ice is pretty unheard of but in my opinion builds with high crit chance and range it is much more effective at keeping power charges then Herald of Thunder especially when you combine both of them. I NEVER lose my power charges with this.

Lightning Warp > Reduced Duration > Faster Casting

Standard Lightning Warp setup

Reduced Mana > Clarity

Arctic Armour

Note:
Almost every gem Benefits a lot from being Quality, but none are 100% needed but I definitely recommend your main Ice Spear to be 20%

Offence
Spoiler

GMP DPS W/Charges
Spoiler

GMP DPS W/O Charges
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Due to my computer being pretty crap I don't think I will be able to do a game play video but I will try. I will hopfully make a video explaining the build and mechanics more in depth.

This is my First Build guide so let me know if I have left anything out or if you have questions I will make sure to reply asap!

Thanks for Checking it out!
Last edited by BiggestE on Feb 16, 2015, 5:33:28 AM
bump.
Last edited by BiggestE on Mar 4, 2015, 5:18:10 AM
How do like reflect with no VP? Is it possible to drop Berek's Grip and still survive with Phase Acro?
I need a signature to look legit
bump
What about bandits?
Gonna try this in one month race ;p
Last edited by DziungliuSniuraS on Mar 24, 2015, 11:58:59 AM
Playing this build on the 1month HC race right now, really really fun and strong. Can't wait for maps :D

edit: Also getting lots of compliments on the build!
Last edited by Nathonas on Mar 30, 2015, 5:34:28 PM
"
Nathonas wrote:
Playing this build on the 1month HC race right now, really really fun and strong. Can't wait for maps :D

edit: Also getting lots of compliments on the build!

thanks! glad your enjoying the build
"
What about bandits?
Gonna try this in one month race ;p

Sorry for the late reply bandits are Oak, Kill, Alira. but im sure youve already figured that out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info