S2 mostly Blitz events

The season starts off with THIRTY Blitz events, followed by 2 Swiss... then back to Blitz, like sixty more times with a few Swiss/3v3/FFA mixed in. No CTF.

Is anyone else curious why there is such an imbalance in event type? I really hope they don't start applying the concept of a signature event to the PVP seasons. A balanced season would be much better.
Mills I'll lay down the truth. GGG is trying to spend as little time as it possibly can on PvP to focus on Act 4. Rather than balancing FFA and other events, they decided to flood the event schedule with Blitz events because that never really got bad press. Hell, they even got rid of CTF, which was probably the most fun event. This is all an attempt to reduce the QQ about broken events (which is entirely warranted because events like FFA are total shit LOL), but it's really sad that they have to resort to this.

After the first week of neverending Blitz, I wonder who is interested in continuing.
I got only 2 things to add.
- Fix crashing from ctf
- Then bring it back
I was really looking forward to playing best of 7 3v3's :(
Also can there be events other than on the list? The time the event starts is the same time I start work.
If any event type should be featured more than the others it should be Swiss. The ladder is 7 round format, invitational spots are awarded mostly from Swiss and 7 round PVP, and the Invitational is Swiss format. Skill isn't exactly a huge component in PoE PVP, but Blitz basically takes Swiss and knocks out a big part of the skill -- flask/round management. It just encourages people to bash their heads together, tunneling the opponent down until you get the kill or they kill you.
Last edited by MichaelMills on Feb 13, 2015, 3:07:11 AM
I agree its really lame for especially bow/trap users. With full flask charges every round, you need patience as bow user and can only get between 22-26 rounds on blitz. I can only have fun in Ladder and Swiss events, but all the blitz is useless for bow/trap user
"
kuan999 wrote:
I got only 2 things to add.
- Fix crashing from ctf
- Then bring it back

you forgot:

- Add non-team CTF
On the one hand, Blitzes are really fun. I think they're more fun for all ranges of gear & skill levels, in fact. You get a lot more and more varied action in Blitz.

On the other hand, I think all this blitzing is causing me to develop bad habits with my flasks.

Also #BanCTF
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 19, 2015, 10:31:57 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:

Also #BanCTF

Why? ;/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info