[1.3] [Bloodlines] Duff's Ele Wandsaw Kinetic Blast 5 Aura/Buffs Budget Build

Overview:
Welcome to the Kinetic Ele Wandsaw build, the new high attack speed, insane map clear, 5 aura(3 aura, 2 buffs), shotgun wreckage build. The last build I created in Bloodlines was a Crit Ethereal knives build, while it was a great build and I had a lot of fun with it, the map clear speed sucked, I wanted to design this build with fast clear speed in mind. This build is designed to be a somewhat budget build that can handle Bloodlines hardcore mods with ease and play very safe attacking from a distance. It is very fun to play and not hard at all to master.

One of the coolest things about Kinetic blast is the crazy shotgun damage on it, the best positioning I've found for the shotgun damage to have full effect from the additional explosions is get your mobs or bosses as close to walls as possible. This is one of the only builds I would ever say to do that but it works, everything just melts when your explosions hit a wall and the enemy is hit by multiple explosions. I hope you enjoy the guide, if you have questions or comments they are welcome, thanks!

Don't like reading? Watch the video guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawcInyVWbM

Pros:

-Fast attack speed
-Fast map clear/wave clear potential
-Insane shotgun damage
-Budget Build
-Reflect Friendly (with leech and Sibyl's ring)
-Resolute Technique, 100% hit chance with wand

Cons:

- Only defense is armour for small hits, Lightning Coil/Purity for large hits (although you could spec into acrobatics easily enough if you are concerned, it's only a few points away, I just haven't had many issues)
- Blood magic can be tough to sustain without a link for life leech too (you can use life gain or hit rings and gloves to combat this until you get a 6 link.)
- Requires good positioning for shotgun damage on bosses (I use a vaal spark setup to melt bosses that I can't position well enough to shotgun burst down with KB)
- No pierce (this build opts for faster attacks over pierce as a link setup, however, you can swap these if you want to run pierce, this is just a personal preference, I'd rather attack and leech faster while continuously running.)

Videos:
Coming soon

Gear:

The expensive pieces to this build are going to be the Alpha's Howl and the Lightning Coil. Other than those this is a fairly budget build.
Wand you'll preferably want one with all three elements on there and attack speed. Imbued wands are going to be the best for high attack speed.
Shield you can go purely defensive, high life, high resist.
Boots same thing.
Belt Same thing, preferably an extra crafting slot on it so you can add % Elemental damage with weapons.
Gloves you'll ideally want high life, high resists, ele damage, and attack speed.
The other recommended item for this build is Sibyl's Lament Coral Ring. The 30% reduced reflected elemental damage taken is huge for handling reflect. Once you have life leech and vaal pact reflect shouldn't be much of an issue at all. The other option you could do to handle reflect is running maybe either a saffells frame or an aegis aurora to add +max to cold and lightning resist from your purity aura but also give you some extra damage from the elemental damage on aegis aurora.

Flasks:

The first life flask is just kind of a whatever flask right now for me, you can use whatever you want for this one, my preference is one that has like 50% inc recovery speed and dispels shocked. You'll want an instant recovery life flask as well, preferably one that has removes bleeding. I'm using a quicksilver flask mainly because the movement speed on my boots suck, but immunity to curses that i have on it is pretty essential to me in higher maps as well. In place of the quicksilver you can run either a granite or a ruby flask that also has immunity to curses. Atziri's promise is a great utility flask as it's cheap to buy usually and add's not only a boatload of damage, but damage that you can leech off of that also bypasses ES (like for warmonger fight). In place of this again you can run a granite with iron skin or a ruby flask. The Sapphire flask with dispels frozen and chilled is nice to help with A) Reflect, B) Order of the frozen Sky and C) the higher level Merveil fights.

Links:

-Kinetic Blast 4L Setup: KB - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks - GMP
-Kinetic Blast 5L Setup: KB - WED - Faster Attacks - GMP - Blood Magic
-Kinetic Blast 6L Setup: KB - WED - Faster Attacks - GMP - Blood Magic - Life Leech
-CwDT Setup: Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Inc. Duration
-Alphas Howl, The ideal alpha howl aura setup is hard to get because it requires 2 Red 2 Blue for the 4 link which is very hard in a pure evasion helm. For now I'm running 2 red, a blue, and a green. If you can get 2b 2r use: Reduced mana - Wrath - Anger - Purity of Lightning. If you can't then run Reduced mana - Wrath - Anger - Herald of Ice.
-3L Aura setup: Reduced mana - Purity of Lightning (or Herald of Ice), Herald of Thunder
-Utility 3L: Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster casting
-Utility 4L: Vaal Spark - GMP - Trap - Lightning Penetration
If you don't have a 6L running life leech with your KB then for the 3L utility slot you can do like I'm currently doing and run warlord's mark on blood magic, helps with leeching back life if needed. The other way to combat this is some life gain on hit items (see my gloves).

This setup combined with the reduced mana nodes on the tree will allow you to run 3 auras and 2 buffs (5 total) once you have level 16 reduced manas and all the mana nodes in the leveling trees. Once you have level 20 reduced mana's you can remove the 3 points above harrier for that 4% reduced mana node as you no longer need it.

The vaal spark setup is basically a good boss killer if you find yourself in a more open terrain map where you can't pin your single target near a wall for the shotgun damage. For this i'll simply turn off herald of ice, toss the vaal spark trap, and turn the herald back on, this obliterates most bosses.

Bandits:

Normal: Help Oak (+40 to maximum life)
Cruel: Help Kraityn (+8% Attack Speed)
Merc: Kill All (Passive Point)

Currently Level 76, once I get to around 82 I'll get some high level map videos and Character sheet pics up. You can watch this build live at twitch.tv/aoe_tv. All questions, comments, suggestions are appreciated.
Last edited by madduffer on Mar 22, 2015, 9:56:15 PM
THIS BUILD F&%@!NG OWNS!!!!
Last edited by madduffer on Mar 22, 2015, 9:55:53 PM
kinetic tooltip DPS??
Tooltip dps is 11,983 for kinetic blast with all auras and heralds up.

At lvl 83 with 2.6 aps
Last edited by madduffer on Apr 6, 2015, 3:55:56 PM
I'm considering doing this and switching the coil for a legacy Cloak and running EB instead of a blood magic gem. Any thoughts on this setup? Otherwise, cool build, I think I might try it honestly.

EDIT: I would ditch the Purity of Lightning to open up some mana for casting btw
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Apr 7, 2015, 5:43:29 PM
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
I'm considering doing this and switching the coil for a legacy Cloak and running EB instead of a blood magic gem. Any thoughts on this setup? Otherwise, cool build, I think I might try it honestly.

EDIT: I would ditch the Purity of Lightning to open up some mana for casting btw

Hey sorry I just saw this message. You could definitely do it the way you're thinking dropping coil and running eb with legacy cloak instead of bm. Since you're dropping purity of lightning too you'd be in pretty good shape mana wise as well. Wondering if you tried this already, if you did let me know how it went!

I'm currently doing my best to look at screenshots of the new tree in beta and think I have a way of making this build even better with the new EB changes. Running all auras using mana pool and grabbing eb to have an ES pool for attacking instead of having to use BM. Too many unknowns still (like if ES on hit will be substantial enough from gems or if maybe zealot's oath would work) but I'll be sure to keep anyone interested posted on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info