Your concerns about invitations

Hi guys,

I'm starting a new thread so that you'll actually see this post - the other thread is getting pretty long.

I wanted to make a few points:

a) Yes, it will change to five minutes per user very soon. It just had to finish its queue of twenty minute people first.

b) We're not just inviting people with zero posts. Forum users do stand a much better chance of getting in, it's just that they are outnumbered by other fans who signed up and haven't posted. It is fair for the other guys to get in too - many of them do read the forums (even when not logged in), and it would really suck to exclude them just because they haven't discussed the game with us yet.

c) The rate of people we're inviting is to keep up with our server and support scaling. We'll do what we can to get as many people as possible on, but it's going to be a slow ramp up until thousands of people have access.

d) There are other ways to get into the Beta! We'll be giving out lots of keys to fansites, and maybe posting them on places like Facebook and Twitter periodically. Keep an eye out and you may get lucky :)

[Key gone already] - I'm sure this key will go within seconds :)

Edit: We're investigating why it hasn't switched over to five minute intervals yet. At worst, the fix for that will be tomorrow (it's getting late here).

This is really owning our servers, as you can probably see...
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 10, 2011, 4:33:53 AM
*waits for more rage*

That was epic
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
Last edited by Rustychops on Aug 10, 2011, 4:24:21 AM
F5ing on your profile for the past 15 minutes finally paid off, thanks!!!
IGN - Customs
#1 Duelist Season 4
"
F5ing on your profile for the past 15 minutes finally paid off, thanks!!!

Awesome, man.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
It is fair for the other guys to get in too - many of them do read the forums

Well I can certainly vouch for this.

I only never post because my viewpoints are already said.
><.
OMG I was too slow :D
Twitter and facebook, dear cod!!! I can't manage to read everything :D I'm going insane right about now :D
I was too slow :( lol.
Chris, know that our rage is not directed at you, just at the nervous excitment for getting into this game's beta :D

And then, when we dont get in, thats when our rages is directed to you lol
-------------------------------------------------------------
Beta Tester Since: v0.9.0
Proud Host of Aug 2011 Fan Art Contest
-------------------------------------------------------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info