[1.3] mk4y's EK Witch [Budget, Fun]

Aloha,

when I started PoE I was playing Ethereal Knives as my first Caster and I was totally in love :)

This Spell isnt getting much Attention lately so, time to fall in Love again!

This Build is not a big deal and I can advice it to Beginners to get a good feeling in kinds of dodging and getting use to certain situations.

It also provides Reflect Safety through Instant Leech via Vaal Pact! --->1.3 Passive Tree<---

This Build is taking advantage of Herold of Thunder, Ash and Ice including Hatred and Vaal Haste.

First of all we take a look at our Gem selection:

6-Link Chest Setup
Spoiler
Ethereal Knives + Faster Projectiles + Life Leech + Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Empower

5-Link Chest Setup
Spoiler
Ethereal Knives + Faster Projectiles + Life Leech + Faster Casting + Spell Echo

4-Link Immortal Call Setup
Spoiler
Cast when Damage Taken (LvL6) + Enduring Cry (LvL8/Q20) - Immortal Call (LvL7/Q20) + Increased Duration (LvL20/Q20)

4-Link Herold of Ice + Hatred + Clarity
Spoiler
Reduced Mana - Herold of Ice + Hatred - Clarity

4-Link Herold of Thunder + Curse on Hit Setup
Spoiler
Reduced Mana + Herold of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assasins Mark

3-Link Herold of Ash + Vaal Haste
Spoiler
Reduced Mana - Herold of Ash + Vaal Haste

3-Link Lightning Warp + Artcic Armour
Spoiler
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Arctic Armour Level 11

Gear Selection:

Spoiler

Im using a Belly of the Beast, yeah no Cloak of Defiance :P

This Chest is just awesome, it provides us with a huge Lifepool Boost and has pretty nice Stats.
On the other side we can use this Chest for many Builds and its a good Investion for the Future!

We want also a huge load of Cast Speed on our Gear and for the Wand we are mainly aiming for Cast Speed, Spell Crit Chance, Spell Damage and Crit Multiplier.

Our Jewlery should provide us with Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Multiplier, Cast Speed and a good amount of Mana Regeneration to get a lower Level Arctic Armour working.

All of the linked Gear costs me about 5 Exalts, so I would say this is even a Cheap Build and easy accessible for all Players even beginners.

Bandit Rewards:

Spoiler
Help Oak (40 Base Life), Help Oak (18% Phys Damage), Help Alira (Power Charge)

Leveling:

Spoiler
For Leveling I was using a Goldrim, if possible Elreon Jewlery what gives us nearly zero Mana cost. 2 Lifesprig Wands with Lightning Tendrils and Ethereal Knives, get the Crit in the Shadow Area as soon as Possible and from then on make your way through all the rest!

Video Section:

This Thread is Work in Progress, I try to update and add more Information about all the Stuff im working out and will provide some Extra Sections! Im german and im sorry if some english isnt in right place, you are also welcome to visit my Stream on Twitch!

Feel free to ask or even give some advices, thanks to all of you guys in this beautiful Community :)

Update 26.01.2015:

After some discussions and more testing I decided to drop the Physical to Lighning for Faster Casting.
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
Last edited by m_k4y on Jan 26, 2015, 2:23:42 PM
Hey!
Im about to start on Torment and I've decided to try out this build. Ill post feedback as I play! What masters should I focus on?

Hey :)

nice that u give it a try, I was mostly focussing on katarina and elreon also tora!

If u need any help or have further questions just add me ingame or send me a pm ;)
Last edited by m_k4y on Jan 25, 2015, 7:28:46 AM
DPS tooltip ?
I will provide DPS Tooltip pictures and so on as soon as I get all the Gems to 20/20.

But for now on Level 19 EK with Atziri's Promise up Im at 54K Tooltip DPS

Edit:

I just uploaded a quick Gorge run Video :)
Last edited by m_k4y on Jan 25, 2015, 8:11:49 AM
What's the difference between rathik's and your build?
As far as I looked it up, hes taking a Gem slot for Power Charge on Crit. This takes some damage out. Also it seems he didnt picked up Herold of Ash.

On the other side I couldnt find an updated version for now. Let me know if u have one so I can look it up. Yesterday I was also experimenting with Voidbringers instead of Maligaros but its not worth it, I just gained 3% crit chance and nearly lost 4k paper dps. Today ill bring my gems to 20/20 and will report back.
"
m_k4y wrote:
I will provide DPS Tooltip pictures and so on as soon as I get all the Gems to 20/20.

This doesn't count :P

"
kenkokomina5 wrote:

The difference is that Rathik's build is out of date.

Does Physical to Lightning give more damage than Faster Casting? Or is it used to mitigate physical reflect?

I'll be following this guide since it's one of the few current EK writeups! There are non-crit guides by myself and Cantrip, but not much else for crit right now.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
m_k4y wrote:

This doesn't count :P

"
kenkokomina5 wrote:

The difference is that Rathik's build is out of date.

Does Physical to Lightning give more damage than Faster Casting? Or is it used to mitigate physical reflect?

I'll be following this guide since it's one of the few current EK writeups! There are non-crit guides by myself and Cantrip, but not much else for crit right now.

Im feeling better with the Shocks and when I dont crit it provides a better damage feeling.

Im still trying some other stuff :) more to come!

Hi, while leveling what should I look for in my armors? Armour, evasion or energy shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info