[1.3] UberKuduku - Jeppesu's Mjölner build

All right, let me just start off by saying NO I'm not using Spark and Shock nova :(

---> PASSIVE TREE LINK <---

Introduction
This is my own take on making a Mjölner build, I have never played with it/followed a guide before so don't expect this to be the most optimal build out there as there are people with far more experience than me! However, I don't like blindly following other peoples builds so I decided to make my own after doing some research. I have most definitely been inspired by a lot of other peoples builds though, I'm not denying that.

Important items

Mjölner

Duh..

Romira's Banquet

If you decide to use Discharge in your Mjölner this ring IS needed as it will grant Power Charges on non-crit (we never crit because of Resolute Technique) for Discharge to consume on cast. I choose to not use Discharge in my Mjölner for mapping simply because I don't like the look of it nor do I enjoy the exploding sound being spammed.

That's about it for required items, rest is pretty much up to you as long as you get enough strength/intelligence to wear Mjölner. An item that will greatly help you get the required stats for Mjölner is Astramentis.

Gem setups
4L: Lightning Strike or Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + GMP
5L: Lightning Strike + Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + GMP
6L: Lightning Strike + Molten Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + GMP + BM
Adding Blood Magic gem for the 6th link will allow you to drop Soul Siphon (2 nodes)

CWDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased duration
Important to have Enduring cry before Immortal Call because they will go off in order

Reduced Mana + Haste + Purity of Lightning + Herald of Thunder

That's about it, the rest is pretty much optional. You can check out what I use in the gear-section however have in mind I haven't really spent much time optimizing it.

Bandit choices
Normal: Help Oak for 40 HP.
Cruel: Help Kraityn for 8% Attack speed.
Merciless: Help Alira for +1 Power Charge.

Screenshots
Offence

Defence

My Gear & Flasks
Swap in for Atziri and stuff:

Swapping Ruby for Topaz, just ran out of alts :^)

Passive tree reasoning
Okay so when I first got the Mjölner I had absolutely no clue what type of nodes to get in the passive tree and how much of everything I needed.
However it's really simple since this is a RT based build basically all we need is attack speed, elemental damage/lightning damage and life. Our physical mitigation comes from Lightning Coil and if you want to Taste of Hate.
Last edited by jeppesu on Jan 24, 2015, 2:20:24 PM
Hey Jeppesu, im running this spec now (after i found my first mjölner :D!) and im loving it. Was gonna run this until the point where i can afford a LL crit mjölner build.

One thing i was wondering, what is the point of keeping "Lightning strike / Molten strike" at level 1? Any particular reason for this?

Also, any chance you could perhaps at some point upload a full Atziri run? Would love to see how you handle the boss parts as i've never done these on anything but a puncture build.

+Rep for a really nice build! (Cost me ~40ex all in all).

Regards.
You did not try it, you haven't tested your changes to build, you even had no clue how to make mjolnier build. Dude, i will never ever try to follow this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info