Accidental beta email sent to some non-beta users

After deploying the 0.9.3 patch we decided to send an email notifying beta players that their characters had been wiped and inviting them to come back and play on the fresh realm.

Unfortunately due to a communication mistake between myself and Dylan, our web guy, the email was queued to be sent to every account on our website rather than just users with beta access.

The errant email was sent to 2100 users without beta access before we caught the mistake. The subject of the email is "Path of Exile Beta enters its next phase". The group of users that this occurred to was arbitrary.

This has caused some confusion and we are very sorry for the mistake.

In order to make amends we have decided to give beta access to all of the accounts that were sent the email in error. Any accounts that received the email that did not have beta access already should be awarded beta access within the next few hours.

Once again, we are very sorry for the confusion this mistake has caused and we will be very careful about these kinds of error in the future.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Last edited by Jonathan on Nov 15, 2011, 3:47:19 PM
That's generous and hilarious.

I wonder if some of my friends got the email?
IRON MAN
now...there i see some lucky fellows.
So true for that. Some guys got some karma.
Specs :: Inter(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz :: 6 GB Ram 1333mHz :: SLI GTX 580 (frzen twin) :: Mausepad Talent puretrak :: Mouse G5 :: Headphone Razer Calcarias :: Monitor 2233RZ 120 mhz ::
I actually received two of those while being beta member. Does it mean I was in the beta and I wasn't at the same time? ;) And where's my extra beta access? ;)
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
Last edited by Ugm on Nov 14, 2011, 7:21:20 AM
Looks like i was one of those 2100 people. i was at work all day today and came home to see a path of exile beta email waiting for me :P its VERY kind of you guys, VERY new zealander and i should know.. lived there for 12 years :) Anyways thanks guys.. will be sure to provide the best beta feedback as i can
aw lucky 2100 people, sad its not me >_<
not one of the 2100 either :(
Very nice for those who got it, not so nice for me. :P
I forgive you. : )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info