[Bloodlines]Budget Kinetic Blast CoC Arc/Sparker!

As stated in the title, i'm going to share my cast on crit shadow build which is one of the cheapest CoC builds you can make and still do insane damage.

Backround: this build synergizes well with the lightning damage from the tree and gear as well as both spells you are casting being lightning damage means you double dip whenever you get %increase in lightning damage (or triple with a 6l). KB hits for a maximum for 20 times on a pack meaning you can cast a total of 20 arcs and 20 GMP sparks, i don't need to tell you this is an insane amount of damage, but if you don't believe me, check any of my vod's from my stream twitch.tv/vypur

level 82 tree:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAl5dFfOUZtDj79Yw2YeJVSxa_JpWkkROeXfJ-Mw5IEZaVLgceSVHw1X_GwcWCHohC2wsUsD9zvu7JRMfKmmHOcAmgbOcRD0wt215QMKyYOlhVxoPb42oWb_rSHRSPRpuh99c26SSqhX0WQGaekFUaOMAaJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IABLPwH0cG8uFjQ7TF2-dirAW1wuzUI0t43agwcU2SI_aNfTB8UUeNvyT951RGcbQMkycc3IMJb57xs0tXwON3B4cTnKRwUonTcNXz6ioLbIydqg==

Eco build:
Spoiler

Spoiler

This all together cost me about 30C

5L - 3C base, 2 chaos for rolls
Rat's nest - 10C
Rings - 12C total
Boots - Found, can be bought for around 3C
Gloves - Bought for 1C
Belt - 3C

Your link setup once you have the elreons will be as follows.

5L - KB - GMP - COC - Arc - Spark/ball lightning (AOE)
4L - barrage - GMP - COC - arc (Single target)
3L (wand) - Frenzy - increased crit strikes - PCOC
Boots - standard CODT setup.
Helm (Auras) Reduced mana - herald of ice - herald of lightning - clarity/purity of lightning
Shield - anything you want!

Explaination:
Spoiler
The main idea here is to keep 7 power charges up and some frenzy charges up with frenzy. the increased crit (with my current wand) gives 65% crit chance. so it will take you a few attacks to get going but once you have 7 charges you are at capped crit chance (95%). then it should only take 1 or 2 more attacks to keep your charges up. then you use your 5L for your main aoe, the damage this gives is insane so you will need the topaz to not kill yourself, this build is pretty good with reflect with purity of lightning, and 100% safe with a topaz up. then comes single target, if you want to facetank, switch to GMP + COC + spark instead of arc but if you want range to stay safe, use arc and it does very good damage.

The reason we are using arc and spark here is because it synergizes with the lightning damage nodes we took in the tree, coupled with the wand gives me a 50% increase to lightning damage, the GMP KB can hit for a maximum of 20 hits, all spread out so this can result in a maximum of 20 arc casts and 20 sparks PER ATTACK, now with my tree you will be attacking 2.8 times a second so you can really see where the damage comes from. Also, you don't REALLY need life leech, since you are throwing out 20 crits per attack, run a surgeons flask and you will literally NEVER be out of charges.

Keep in mind althouogh this is not ideal i was 1 shotting every white/blue pack in 66-71 maps until i bought the 6l

Ideal Build:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Explaination:
Spoiler
This will be your ideal set up (with the exception of ball lightning instead of power charge on crit, its just too laggy for me). Links are:

KB - GMP - CoC - Arc - Spark - Ball

the belt is not completely necessary, but it gives a nice damage boost and the leech is very nice, but keep in mind this isn't entirely necessary. Run a surgeon's flask and you will never run out of charges for a regen flask, 1 instant pot has kept me alive thus far and will continue too, you shouldn't need more then 1.

Cost:
Spoiler

6l: 5ex
Doryani's 3ex
Total of accesories 20C

Overall cost of ideal mapping build: 8ex

Goal Gear:
Spoiler

- 6L ev/es chest
links: Kinetic blast - GMP - Cast On Crit - Arc - Spark - Ball lightning
- Maligaros if you can still remain overcapped in ele weakness
- Any boots with life and resists
- Rat's nest ursine pelt Helm
- 1k+ Ev shield with resists and life
- Spell damage + life amulet (+ resists if possible)
- Life + lightning damage + resists ring
- -8 Elreon ring, need at least 40% mana regen

Wand with:
+Spell damage
+38% crit
+attack speed
+crit chance with spells
+%lightning damage
+multiplier

(FYI, no wand like this exists on the indexer, but this is maximum ideal not necessary for the build, when starting out i just used a 50 spell damage 34% crit wand on a 1.5 base.)

Estimated total cost of Top tier items: 12ex

Anything more then life, %lightning and resists on rings is accessories and not really necessary for the build, even the lightning damage is accessory. Overall with this build you get windripper DPS for the cost of the bow alone.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Freeze pulse till level 59, here's the tree you should have, save 8-10 respec points for optimal freeze pulse:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4HHg5IEQ8RlhOeFLAWbxa_HNwdFCSqJpUqCzbpOlhCw0V8RnFHBklRS1dMLVAwVUtVxl3yYeJirGNDbIxvnnBScNV-M3_Ggh6DCYPbiEKJ04w2j0aTJ5Uul5eboZ2qpJGsmLQMtDi0xcDjwcXbXtvn34TjauUZ8NXxs_Lh8-r31_rS-_U=

Quest rewards: Normal: Oak || Cruel: Craityn || Merci: Alira

once you hit 59, find a want with high spell damage, high critical strike chance, and the fastest base possible, when you initially switch to Cast on Crit remember, its better to crit more often with a slower base and crit more often then attack 5 times and only crit once, so if its a 1.5 base 9 crit wand and a 1.2 base 11 crit wand, take the 11 crit. My leveling setup until i got enough mana to support KB + gmp was:

Barrage - CoC - Arc - Ball Lightning - PCOC

with this setup you will be at 7 charges 100% of the time and do pretty decent damage. i leveled with this till around level 72-74.

and as for leveling don't take all the ele damage nodes then all the life nodes in order, as well as crit, try to route across the top of the tree around times where you are farming ledge/cruel sarn (you farm for about 6 levels straight same zone no progression is a good time to cross the "stat highway" from shadow to templar).

if you want to tune in to my stream i'll try to stream more regularly. message me if you have any questions on the build.

twitch.tv/vypur
Last edited by Vypur on Jan 14, 2015, 9:50:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info