1.3.0 RF Discharge

Hello, as you some of you were interested, I am making my mini guide about my mjolner rf build.
AKA my have a mjolner but cant afford jewdischarge build(shav)
//i switched from pure rf to this

Basic build requirement:
self explanatory
5L armor, most actually work. I like jack becasue of the area efffect increase
romira for charges
Devotion for charges ( actually not needed)
Pheonix - MUST NEED, GTFO if you dont have

Pros

Very fun
Nuking stuff
Fast clear
Usually no problem with reflectors

Cons

LAGGGGGGGGG
not a team build unless you clear ahead of people
expensive for most people, i have to give up my soul, first born and my house for half the items

background, not important but might be interesting for those planning to switch from pure rf

Now in the past, my first character build for righteous fire uses cyclone + life gain on hit + vaal cyclone + blood magic, this character also ran EE and herald of thunder to boost damage.
The problem with this build is that I have been having survivability issues running into physical mobs.

From there i switched to incinerate RF, which has better survivability but damage isnt as high as i wanted it to.
Therefore, from that point on, I used discharge and mjolner as my leech to keep me alive.

gems (text)

The RF chain: Righteous Fire - increased burning damage - increased area of effect - concentrated effect
The Basic survive chain: increase duration - cast when damage taken - molten shell - immortal call

More on that: cast when damage taken - enduring cry - flammability (leap slam on my chain for movement
This chain isnt actaully needed in this build becuase if you are running devotion, you should be getting enough charges too.

Auras ( must have for purity of fire lvl20): reduce mana - purity of fire - vitality (run purity of lightning instead if you are running atziri)

ON MJOLNER: discharge - increase area of effect - life leech

Chest 5L, extra slot: cyclone - gmp - faster attacks - molten strike - life gain on hit; blood rage outside chain. (i realise here that 3 red isnt easy on jack so you could just replace it with something else, shouldnt fuck the build to the ground)

link

(side leveling); run 2 topez pot instead of speed for atziri

Talent tree

lvl 87(my current)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0GDgn2C2EMXxLhFCAUTRZvFy8YkRkuGj4abBynJKoksCcvJ9Un7Sj6KS4pTzH7Nug26TrYPAU8LT38QYdCo0WdRmlHfkz_U1JTpVcNWGNYr18_YSFodGjydO14DXloeu98uH31f-OApIKbgseE2YTvhymQVZHOlKCaO5rgn9-iAK2Nr2y3PryfvTa-isBmwQTEFcRYxLjE9sauxtjPftR81abV-NhN2L3ZYdpi4urjauQi6-7sOO8O73zwH_Gs8i_2SPno-tL8S_4K

lvl 92(theory crafting; build basically complete at this point)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0GDgn2C2EMXxLhFCAUTRZvFy8YkRkuGjgaPhpsHKckqiSwJy8n1SftKPopLilPLdIx-zboNuk62DwFPC09_EGHQqNFnUZpR35M_1NSU6VXDVhjWK9fP2EhZU1odGjydO14DXloeu98uH31f-OApIKbgseE2YTvhX2HKZBVkc6UoJo7muCf36IArY2vbLc-vJ-9Nr6KvqfAZsEExBXEWMS4xPbGrsbYz37UfNWm1fjYTdi92WHaYuLq42rkIuvu7DjvDu988B_xrPIv9kj56PrS_Ev-Cg==

rest of the levels, i am going to either reach for more hp or actually go for the increase aoe right by scion. need to test this out first

Thank you for reading, again i am not as rich to afford a shav discharge. I will soon do a theory craft on that since i cant find any good build. No videos or gameplay at this point. But if you are interested, shoot me a message at Ra_GodofSun and i can run some maps with you

Happy Nuking
Last edited by Kirachan20 on Jan 12, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
Very cool concept. I'd like to attempt something like this in Torment. I can probably afford a Mjolner but definitely not a Voll's devotion. Can you recommend some alternate gear that would work well or which stats we should aim for on rares?

thanks!

IGN: BusinessCasual
Devotion is not a needed item for this build, most of the charges are gained through romira before i got devotion, the devotion just helps with extra charge.

For rares, i just went straight up for hp and tried to cap resist, nothing tricky.

If you cant afford devotion, i would run 2 romira instead to gain twice the power charge (havnt tested but i believe it works from my previous builds) If you will run that, i would get Resolute technique on the tree as well, it takes 3 point from the one i posted to get there. In that case, you want to help alira on merciless as well.

Other item that you can possibly consider is deresso defiance. Although i like the jack again with a bigger radius on rf.

Final note, i did try to run frenzy on this build before i got my devotion, it works. However, multistrike will not give multiple charges as you hit target. So if you come up with any idea how to boost the charge gain and attack speed, you can definitely run frenzy instead of molten strike.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. I'm getting close to switching my RF over to a build like this. Do you have any videos of this in action yet? It would be awesome to see. Thanks
I have a witch version of this build and it's great. It can run Atziri but with 1 or 2 deaths depending on how careful you are. But the thing is that you can complete the atziri run. Got a video but i can't compress or convert it to a lower file size as it is 7.7GB done from fraps.
I finally got a Mjolner. My character is just hit lvl 81 and I have about about 5.2k life. Overall this build has crazy clear speed and is a lot of fun to play.

Here is my gear
Spoiler

Tree- very similar to what you have
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwB5wSzBS0GDgn2DF8NzRLhFCAUTRZvGJEZLhpVGmwcpxzOJKon1SftKPopTytQNug26TwFPC09D0GHQ8hFnUZpR35M_08EUEdTUlOlVbVXDVugXz9hIWSjZU1o8nTtdqx673wOfNmCB4KbgseE2YTvhX2Rzpo7muCezZ_fogCnMKdVrY2vbLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbBBMQVxFjE9sauz37SIdR81abYvdlh4urjauQi6hjr7uw47w7vfPAf8kH2SPcy-ej8S_4K_lQ=

More levels will add much more health. Plus my discharge and arc arent max yet.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
So i watched some more people play with their dischargers, they dont use rf. It seems like their damage output is higher than me, i am wondering if its low life buff. Also i would defintely suggest running EE and +aoe to your discharge. My next experiemnts that i would probably do is to try something else in place of the enduring cry. Since i can get charges myeself thorugh the devotion.

As for videos, i can probably do a couple. I had a video capturer earlier but my sub expired, you have any other suggestions?
Also from your gears, it seems like your max hp can be boosted easily through getting higher tier hp boots gloves and jewleries
Last edited by WinryRockBellaT on Jan 20, 2015, 12:57:22 PM
Just Uploaded a video on the Queen Boss Fight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kGV15a9czU&feature=youtu.be

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info