Cast When Stunned PvP Build

I thought i would share my PvP build with anyone who likes to gamble and is interested in an alternative build :) It's very similar to the COD build that got nefed as of update 1.3.0g. Only difference is that with this build you have a chance to stay alive when you kill someone. And even if you get one shot you still have a chance to kill the enemy.

The core of the build is the Cast When Stunned gem

The idea is to use one Cast When Stunned gem in each of your links(max 6), and link them with as many spells as possible.

It is not possible to link two or more of the same skill gem to CWS, even in different groups. Doing so will disable all but one of them.

Im Currently using 18 different spells, using all available sockets.
Skill Gems

These are the ones I found to work best with CWS:

Stun Mechanics

I chose to go pure life because having any amount of energy shield will automatically give you a 50% chance to avoid getting stunned, regardless of the amount of damage taken. This means that energy shield will effectively halve the chance to proc any spells.

I'm still tweaking the build, trying to figure out the sweet spot in terms of life. You don't want to have too little, but not too much either.

It is a true glass cannon build, as you want to take at least half of your available life on every hit.

Passive Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMFQgmqEFgRLSj6LJwy0UGWRKtFR1WufIOBr4IQgpuLjI-mmK2aO6IAsQW4k7jQwGbAms360PXZ_No637Dhc-vu-d0=

Since you'll get many spells proccing in fast succession in random order, my theory is that Elemental Equilibrium will increase your damage dealt. Im not entirely sure about the mechanics of CWS though.

Gear

I'm currently using two Ungil's Gauches for the block and crit chance. You can get stunned even when you block an attack which is really sweet.

It can get expensive to roll all blue links on gear with no energu shield though, so i chose some low level uniques that have a higher chance of getting blue sockets.

Evasion is useless for this build so the Ezomyte Peak fits in nicely.

Flasks

Using life flasks with instant recovery is important as you will loose you hp really quickly.
Also remember to pop a Diamond Flask when someone attacks you so you are sure to land some crits.

Auras

I use Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder in two unset rings.

Last edited by ThisSuitIsBlackNot on Jan 9, 2015, 8:35:49 AM
bump
Nice job with this build
bumpelump
bump
How does the build work against bows and trappers?

Do the spells still trigger if you get killed? Can it be used as a substitute for cod in the arena (meaning you get credited with a kill although you are dead when making the kill)?
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Jan 16, 2015, 7:16:19 AM
It's kinda weak against trappers. Against ranged it decent but not great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info