In-Depth Marauder Static Strike Bloodlines Build Guide 1.3

In-Depth Marauder Static Strike Bloodlines Build Guide 1.3

This is a fast, fun and cheap melee build that is totaly Bloodlines/HC viable. You can run this as your first build or as a more experienced player. Static Strike gives you a good AoE clear with a high single target DPS. With a high life-pool and a chunk of armour you stay away from insta-shots while keeping yourself immune to physical damage at almost all times. You have a very high life-leech to keep yourself at max Life.

Pros
Spoiler
+ Fun
+ Tanky
+ Fast clear
+ Mobile
+ Cheap
+ Noob Friendly
+ Dont need more than 4 Links
+ No problems with Physical Reflect

Cons
Spoiler
- Melee
- Weak against elemental/spell burst damage
- Can die without proper awareness
- Damage focused around high DPS weapon
- Dangerous against Elemental Reflect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gem-Links.
Spoiler
The gems and links are written in priority. From Top to Bottom and Left to Right.

(4-6 Links) Weapon: Static Strike > Melee Physical Damage > Weapon Elemental Damage > Added Fire Damage > Life Leech > Melee Damage on Full Life / Faster Attacks

You use Added Fire Damage instead of Multistrike because of higher damage scaling and mobility. You will have high damage hits and you need to be on the move between hits to make the Static Strike AOE hit as many things as possible.

(4 Links) Cast When Damage Taken LvL 7 > Immortal Cal > Increased Duration > Decoy Totem

You dont use Enduring Cry because it will share the cooldown with the one you cast yourself. You cast it yourself for it to be more reliable. You put decoy totem to take off a few hits, it will also absorb some spells you want to avoid in general, its a great spell-gem.

(2 Links) Enduring Cry > Spell Echo

You cast enduring cry yourself. You are aiming for 6 enduring-charges and spell echo will help you reach that in no time.

(1 Socket) Enfeeble

Always bring enfeeble. Cast it on scary packs/bosses before you leap into glory.

(3-5 Links) Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Added Fire Damage or (Optional: Curse on hit, Blind, Stun, Cast on Stun, Life Leech)

With leapslam you can add some defensive stuff if you want. I just use Added Fire Damage for the extra clear speed and Faster Attacks for mobility.

(3 Links) Herald of Ash > Reduced Mana > Hatred OR Determination (if needed)

Herald of Ash is a must. Not only does it give you a good dps increase for low mana cost, but it adds alot of AoE and ignite (even without crit) to your attacks. And it looks badass.

(2 Links) Vaal Grace > Increased Duration

One of the last links to focus on. Nice to have agaisnt scary bosses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Passive-skill tree.

Skilltree explanation.
Spoiler
This build is based around Two-handed swords. A Two-Hander gives you greater reach and heavier/stronger attacks. I use swords because they are cool and I like the dmg increase nodes. Feel free to use anything else, but the Doomsower unique sword is cheap and very good for this build.
The build is very Life heavy while trying to get some sword nodes and increased AoE. With a 10-Chaos sword with 4 links at lvl 80 im at over 20K Dps. The clear speed is more than enough because of its great singletarget combined with the AoE.

You are mostly keeping within the marauder tree. This means less Dexterity and Intelligence, so you might have to grab some "+30" nodes or get some attributes on gear. For defences you are going pure armour and just using the little evasion you get from various gear pieces. 30% evasion rating is better than 0, so you are not taking unweavering stance or iron reflexes.

You are going Resolute Technique so no need to worry about crits or accuracy. This lets you keep away from the dualist/ranger side of the tree and just focus on pure damage nodes + Life

Bandits: Oak, Kill, Oak

Skill Tree progression.

Leveling guide

Spoiler
Leveling with Static Strike is super fast. Grab the heaviest weapon you can find and attack a group ONCE. The group should die and you keep running, dont worry about the dps meter and attack speed doesnt matter too much for you at this point.

Only focus on the weapon for damage and get as much HP, Resist and Armour as you can find on other items. This works all the way trough the game. You can get some cheap two-handed uniques from Poe.Trade that you can use while leveling and just sell again when you replace it.

Get leapslam for mobility and link up your static strike as shown in the Gem-Link section.

Here are some examples of weapons for leveling:

Uniques like these can be bought at Poe.trade for 1/2 or 1 chaos.

Playstyle

Spoiler
This build is focused around being tanky and leaping into packs. Focus your attacks on the rares/biggest enemies and all his friends will die soon after from the AoE. My play-pattern goes like this:
1) Go up towards a pack/room
2) Cast enduring cry
3) Use elemental resistance pot if needed
3) Jump into pack and start swining
4) After immortal call goes off cast another enduring cry to keep you immune to physical damage
Rinse, Repeat

The playstyle is fast, fun and pretty safe because of solid defences, great mobility and a high life leech.

Core Gear Pieces

Spoiler
Weapon:

Spoiler
DoomSower is an amazing weapon for this build. It can go up to 450 physical dps, it gives you 10% extra damage as fire and it increases the area of effect of Static Strike. This can be replaced with any other high PHYSICAL DPS Two-handed weapons. Stay away from Critical Strike since you are running Resolute Techinique (you cant crit)

This can be replaced by any other Two-Handed weapon with high PHYSICAL dps

Market Price: 10 Chaos - 1 Exalted

Body Armour:

Spoiler
Belly of the Beast is always good. The max hp% will give you more and more HP as you lvl up and as you find higher Life on other gear pieces.

This can be replaced with any other chest that gives you Life, Resist and Armour

Market Price: 1-2 Exalted

Life and Mana leech

Spoiler
Before you get a 5-link, you will need 2% Life leech and 2% Mana Leech. We get this on gear such as rings, amulets and gloves. Only these 2% should be enough to keep you going until early 70s maps.

Once you have a 5-link with Life Leech (gem) and the Vaal Pact (passive-skill point) you will get insane Life-Leech.

Other

Spoiler
The rest of the gear is just generic pieces you would expect with a stat priority of this:

1. Resist
2. Life
3. Armour
4. Movementspeed % I have 30% atm, its important to keep the "flow" of the static strike
5. Attackspeed % Attackspeed gives you a great DPS boost on your tooltip, but also gives you more mobility!
6. Physical Damage %
7. Elemental Damage with Weapons %

Potions:

Spoiler
1) Heal over time is nice against huge packs with ranged attack that hits for low damage or Dots/Chaos damage. Remember to get "Remove Bleed" for Corrupting Blood and Puncturing.

2) Instant Heal will save your life. Remove Freeze is something you should always bring with you, as being frozen can kill you very easily.

3) Because I have low chaos resist and I often need to stand in blue "Bond of Chaos" packs to kill them. A must have in most maps imo. The evasion-rating helps with evading chaos projectiles aswell.

4)Elemental Resist flask of choice. I usually have all three with me in the bag and switch them out as i go. Good agaisnt certain bosses/enemies

5) Granite to use between Immortal Call so you dont get one-shotted and agaisnt scary packs (Otherworldy) or high phys bosses (Brutus). Makes sure to have the X% increased Armour roll.

Gear Progressions.

Spoiler
After you have your Doomsower Lionsword, Belly of the Beast and 5,5-6k life, max resists and a good movementspeed you can start to 5-6 Link your Doomsower. If you get a 5-link you add Life Leech gem and spec into Vaal Pact on the passive skill tree.

This will first of all let you leech off your static strike elemental AoE and it will help us agaisnt Elemental Reflect.

Once you are at this point its just time to refine all the stats and try to get as beefy as possible with as much dps as possible. Good luck out there!

Last edited by Izuka on Jan 9, 2015, 9:46:58 AM
Very well written and detailed guide.
Thanks for your efforts.
Static strike-melee phy-weapon el dmg-multistrike-faster attacks in 5L.
You dont need life leech gem and vaal packt below 35k dps,run pur of lighting,get 5-6% leech on gear and with proper flasking you'll be fine against reflect.
Lv 87 in bloodlines,current dps 31k,with taste of hate up 37k,wearing Lighting coil instead of belly,running acro and phase acro.
Good in depth guide btw.
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 8, 2015, 6:32:16 PM
"
And1111 wrote:
Static strike-melee phy-weapon el dmg-multistrike-faster attacks in 5L.
You dont need life leech gem and vaal packt below 35k dps,run pur of lighting,get 5-6% leech on gear and with proper flasking you'll be fine against reflect.
Lv 87 in bloodlines,current dps 31k,with taste of hate up 37k,wearing Lighting coil instead of belly,running acro and phase acro.
Good in depth guide btw.

I really hate Multistrike with Static strike. Sure the DPS tooltip will be higher but you lose overall clearspeed with the loss of mobility and many static procs goes waisted. As for lifeleech on gear and taste of hate, its a great choice but gets expensive very quickly. Not a big fan of the unreliability of acro either but thats just a personal opinion. Thanks for the input though :).

You should try switching out multistrike with added fire sometime to see how it feels.
hi, nice guide btw but when we click to see passive tree it brings me to me own tree
Great guide ! Thank you

Following your guide step by step. Currently lev 62 in Bloodline so far. Having a lot of fun.
Got a 327 dps 2h sword et a 5L atm.
4k HP with maxed resist.
I bought an Atziri Amethyst Flask vs Chaos et to increase dps :) (i have to wait for 6 more lev ...)

I was thinking after getting Vaal pact (when i'll have the dps), i also want to use Purity of Lightning.
Would it be a good idea to get Sovereignty (i won't have enough mana to use Hatred, PoL & Herald of Ash overwhise.)
Also, would it be a good idea to get some skill effect duration nodes to increase the duration of Immortal call (& Vaal Grace) since i will be able to get 6-7 of them ?
"
todin wrote:
Great guide ! Thank you

Following your guide step by step. Currently lev 62 in Bloodline so far. Having a lot of fun.
Got a 327 dps 2h sword et a 5L atm.
4k HP with maxed resist.
I bought an Atziri Amethyst Flask vs Chaos et to increase dps :) (i have to wait for 6 more lev ...)

I was thinking after getting Vaal pact (when i'll have the dps), i also want to use Purity of Lightning.
Would it be a good idea to get Sovereignty (i won't have enough mana to use Hatred, PoL & Herald of Ash overwhise.)
Also, would it be a good idea to get some skill effect duration nodes to increase the duration of Immortal call (& Vaal Grace) since i will be able to get 6-7 of them ?

Hi! Sovereignty is a great idea. Ive been thinking about getting it myself to run an additional aura. It will only cost you 4 nodes so I say go for it.

I dont feel skill effect duration nodes are worth it though. With 6-7 endurance-charges and increased duration, your immortal call will last 6-7 seconds and in that time you should easily have your charges up again. I have the habit of casting enduring cry whenevery immortal call goes off.

As for Vaal Grace, if you link it with increased duration it will last you about 10 seconds. In that time you will either have enough souls for it or the scary monsters you where using it for will be dead.
This is an excellent guide. i follow your guide and now im mapping 70 at 68 at ease. 2 thumps up for you brah!! i manage to 5L my Doomsower and i actually link faster attack in, now my character is like a truck that cant be stop hahahah
I'm running a variant on this and i'ts been a blast.
Absolutely raced through levelling - having a decent array of twinking weapons helped, was still wrecking things using Geofri's mace until lvl 50, until I remembered I had a rigvalds, and Rigvalds until 65 (Rigvald started tailing off at 60+, but didn't want to waste currency on a levelling item).

Equipped Doomsower at 65 - I had 2, one cheap 4 link I bought, and a good roll one I was intending on 5/6 linking. Only used the 4-link for half a docks run and a map as I 5-linked my better one in about 25 fusings!

I've left a green link in there, as I was running low on chromes, and getting all reds is a pain.
Actually like running faster attacks, it makes gameplay a lot smoother. Once I go vaal pact I will probably still keep it. As I don't fancy my chances at getting a 6l, will have to drop a gem. Added fire seems to give me the least DPS so probably that (Get some fire from Doomsower anyway).

I've been contemplating sovereignty too so I could run PoL- even if I have to drop a couple of 5% life nodes (or take them very late). Or possibly an Alpha's Howl - no life but if I can take fewer nodes, will it compensate?
Currently at 4.5k life, and I have got a bunch of life nodes still to take (Been balancing life and damage as I'm in Torment not Bloodlines). Also no life yet one one ring, amulet and gloves (Not found anything better than slitherpinch so far!)

Other thing I was looking at was celestial punishment/judgement. The ele penetration should just be good anyway, and the 25% damage for frozen/shocked/ignited is interesting. Would be a no brainer for an attack speed ele build, but not sure if it is worth it for a fairly slow 2h build, though I do seem to inflict status effects a fair bit with only 5% chance.

I'm also running a vengeance setup in my chest. Vengeance - LGOH - Curse on hit - Enfeeble/Ele Weakness - Blind.
Would probably use inc AOE ahead of blind, but again, colours were easier to roll. I switch the curse depending on the content. Slight drawback on this approach is you actually have to get hit (and trigger vengeance) to curse, so one huge hit could potentially one shot me, but with that much life, and hopefully charges up, should be ok.
Not sure if LGOH will be worth it once I'm running leach and vaal pact either - though not sure what else to use un that slot. Could go for a damage gem - or possibly endurance charge on stun.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

You can link all your equipment please ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info