SUPPORT WITCH: 7 Auras, 2 Curses, BM, +100% Aura Effectiveness!

Hello all!

Inspired by this reddit thread I decided to make a full support character. Well instead of just running 7 Auras and doing nothing I decided to make the most out of this build buy running some curses. Let me get this out of the way first: You are a full support character which means you don’t do any damage alone. Solo play is no option for this character! We will see, that no matter that we do no damage with this build, it is highly effective and is easily buffing the group strength compared to a normal damage dealer build. However this build is highly flexible, which means I can’t tell you what auras to use in every situation. There are some oblivious choices (like Discipline), but it depends much on your party members and the map you are running.

Core Skilltree

My Gear
Spoiler
First of all: You need Solaris Lorica or Shavronne's wrappings.

I highly recommend to run Dying Breath and Leer Cast which flat out buffs the damage of you allies at 33%. Alphas Howl instead of Dying Breath is also an option. This will lower your allies damage output, but will greatly buff your auras. You will be close to run 8 Auras at once.
But note: This build doesn’t require any expensive gear. I just thing these two unique fits rly well in this build. All you need are some high level Reduced Mana Gems and Solaris Lorica. That’s all! Rly!

For Gem swap:

Gems
Spoiler
Basically it’s a no brainer. Put all auras on which you like to use with Reduced Mana and put Generosity on those only your allies benefits from it. Note: We need Vitality to constantly cast stuff.

Essential Auras for yourself:
Discipline, Vitality, Haste

Recommended Auras for yourself:
Purity, Grace

Situational Auras for yourself:
Grace, Purity of Fire/Cold/Lightning

Recommended Auras for allies (run these with generousity):
Anger, Hatred, Wrath

Situational Auras for allies (run these with generousity):
Determination

Curse setup:
Well it is also situational which auras you run. I prefer to run auras which makes gameplay saver.
Reduced Mana – Enfeeble – Temporal Chains ( - Increased Duration – Empower)

Mobility:
Reduced Mana – Faster Casting – Lightning Wrap – Reduced Duration

Math of Exile
Spoiler
I highly recommend to run Dying Breath and Leer Cast which flat out buffs the damage of you allies at 33%.

So from the tree your auras get:
66% increased effect of auras + 26% increased effect of buffs = + 92% effect right? WRONG! The game just calculates the +66% on the aura and after you get +26% on the result. I made a little excel table which lets you see all the result for various auras.

http://1drv.ms/1yaz1Fa

I recommend swapping to a certain purity when you fight a mapboss. That +8% to max resistance is huge!

Your curses get:
24% increased effect + 18% from item. That makes +42% increased effect. I am to lazy to do the math now. But its crazy.

Alternative setup:
Spoiler
You can run 8 auras, but only have like 40-50 Mana up, which is to less to cast any curses. If you rly want that extra aura, you can run the following setup:

Arc – Life Leech – Curse on Hit – Enfeeble – Temporal Chains

If you have any questions about this build, please leave a comment.
Last edited by roteweste on Jan 1, 2015, 7:05:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info