Drelentless' Bear Trap Burn Prolif - (Bloodlines)

The Build: Bear Trap - Burn Proliferation

"Something Different, Something Cheap, Something Hardcore
"

League: Bloodlines (Current Level 85)

How to Make it work?

1.) Physical to Fire Conversion 100% = Avatar of Fire & BlackGleam Quiver.

2.) Chance to Ignite +95% = Chance to Ignite Gem (43) + Mokou's Embrace (10) + Gang's Momentum (7) + Passives (20) + Flammability Curse w/ Curse Effectiveness (15)

3.) Ice Shot + GMP to apply Dual Curse & Ignite mobs to get Gang's + Celestial Punishment Bonus Damage (40% more Damage)

4.) Any 6L low level white bow (considered cheapest among 6L's)

5.) Vaal Lightning Trap for Boss Fights ( Double, double & double dips!)

What's the Damage?

Tooltip Damage does not show actual Burning damage. But it is... a lot.

Burning Damage -> Quad Dips (from Ele/Fire Dmg %, Dual Curse, Gang's + Celestial Punishment, Shocked ground)

Some Pro's

- Reflect Free
- Great Clear Speed for a budget
- Tanky with Iron Reflex + Grace. (Pure Armour still the best, it gives you reaction time!)
- Semi-Range = Safe

Some Con's

- Only 3 traps stored. But I considered that constraint the fun part :)
- Crafting the 6L Bow can become expensive, but not necessary (Don't attempt w/ low currency)
+1 gem
Ideal link colours: BBBRRG (Added Fire instead of Culling Strike Gem)
Elreon's Multiple Mod is prefered after you got +1 gem

Current Gears / Gems

Passive Tree @lvl 85

Game Play Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbo4AOzkNtI
Just a sample video while leveling: level 73 map, I'm playing it safely so may look slow.

Brief Leveling Guide:

- Any leveling build u like that matches the tree pathing
- Transition to the build @ lvl 65
- @lvl 65, needs to have Iron Relfex & Passive Tree 20% chance to Ignite, Resolute Technique, Avatar of Fire

Remarks:
- The Build still not yet final, but the whole concept is there

ENJOY!

Last edited by Drelentless on Mar 21, 2015, 8:39:36 AM
Finally get the Build Guilde rolling eh, anyway nice one as alway. :)
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Hey bro, wassup!! Long time didn't see u in game. :)

Yah, I didn't make a guide of this last league, as I find it still not optimized last time. But I can say that this Templar version is multiple times better than my Shadow. A trapper that does not have any trap nodes, yet stronger :)

But I guess this build is not well received this time, because it's well.. another burn prolif build and a freaking Bear Trap! Maybe I'll post a high map video if in a mood, to showcase how efficient it is clearing maps and safe in HC.

Thanks for dropping by!
Why increased AOE? asfar as i know support gems only affect main gem(no effect on prolif) and since bear trap is not AOE inc AOE wont do anything?
"
Why increased AOE? asfar as i know support gems only affect main gem(no effect on prolif) and since bear trap is not AOE inc AOE wont do anything?

This is taken from poe wiki: "Effects which modify area of effect will apply to the proliferation radius of this gem[1], even if the original skill that elemental proliferation is supporting is not itself a gem with an area of effect tag. "

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Proliferation
Thx for info never looked at support gem feedback forum so TIL;)
No Prob. that Aoe gem beats any other damage gem when it comes to effectiveness for prolif builds
=D
Last edited by deckington on Mar 19, 2015, 11:19:42 PM
"
Drelentless wrote:
The Build: Bear Trap - Burn Proliferation
3.) Ice Shot + GMP to apply Dual Curse & Ignite mobs to get Gang's + Celestial Punishment Bonus Damage (40% more Damage)

Gangs and celestial punishment are both increased. They work on the same layer as any other % increased modifier that you get on say.. your skill tree.
Can you post a video of the build in action

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info