[1.3, HC BL]Multi-Curses Aurabot (Level 100 Rank 3)

Note that I have not played this build yet, I just got interested in Aurabot builds after seeing
a post about one on Reddit.

Here's the skill tree.

The idea of the build is for the character to be a dedicated group support, providing all the party with very strong offensive and defensive stats through 9 auras and dual to quad cursing.

I'll describe below the Pros and Cons of the build, the Gear, the Links and the budget necessary to put the build together.

Pros
- High ES (9'000+), high Resistances (84%/84%/82%), decent Evasion (4'500+), ES Regen (3%+/sec.) and possible high Chaos Resistance;
- Lots of Offensive and Defensive stats provided to all the party with 9 auras and 2 to 4 Curses on Hit;
- Decent flexibility in terms of which Auras and Curses you run depending on the composition of your group;
- Elemental Equilibrium on/off, activated via the Spell used to Curse on Hit;
- Budget: 7'000+ ES and 82% All Resistances easily reachable for 5 Exalts or less;
- Budget: No need for a 6L or 5L, a 4L lets you dual curse already.

Cons
- Impossibility to play solo;
- Necessity to respec from another build, probably around level 70 or so;
- Absence of means to regain Life/ES quickly through Leech.

The Gear

Helm: Alpha's Howl
Best in Slot. This allows us to fit in more auras and gives a serious boost to 3 of them. Freeze immunity is really appreciated as well for Low Life or CI characters.

Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings or Solaris Lorica
Best in Slot and mandatory. If you can't afford Shavronne's Wrappings, Solaris Lorica will do just fine. It will result in a loss of up to 2'000 ES, however the build boasts a large ES pool to start with.

Gloves: High ES Rare
Pretty straightforward, just pile up as much ES as possible and some Resistances.

Boots: Rainbowstride or High ES Rare
Pretty straightforward, just pile up as much ES as possible and some Resistances.

Shield: High ES Rare

Belt: High ES Rare or Batted Breath

Weapon: The Supreme Truth or Ephemeral Edge
Get The Supreme Truth for the increased Gem Level and for the increased Experience gained, or Ephemeral Edge if you want more survivability (its bonus is equivalent to 7 or 8 passive points spent on ES nodes).

Amulet: Eye of Chayula
Best in Slot and mandatory. Stun Immunity is very appreciated as Low Life or CI. Ideally, get one that is corrupted to +1 Curse.

Rings: Doedre's Damning and Elreon's -8 Mana Cost of Skills
A rare ring bought from Elreon with -8 Mana Cost of Skills allows you to run skills on Life despite having almost all of it reserved. Ideally, craft it to get 20% ES on as well on it.
Doedre's Damning allows for an extra Curse to be used. Potentially, you can replace it with either another rare ring or a Perandus Signet for extra experience.

The Gems & The Links

Chest BB-BG
4L: Arc/Ball Lightning, Curse on Hit, 2 Curses
5L: Arc/Ball Lightning, Curse on Hit, 3 Curses or 2 Curses and Faster Casting or Spell Echo or ?
6L: Arc/Ball Lightning, Curse on Hit, 4 Curses or 3 Curses and Faster Casting or Spell Echo or ?

Helm 4L RR-BB
Reduced Mana - Purity of Fire - Purity of Lightning - Discipline

Gloves 4L R-B-GG
Reduced Mana - Hatred - Wrath - Grace

Boots 4L RR-GG
Reduced Mana - Purity of Ice - Vitality - Haste

Weapon 3L
Either Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Random slot or Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline / Haste x2

Shield 3L RRR
CwDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call

Note the following:
- Obtaining four off colors on Solaris Lorica could be troublesome;
- We could put Leap Slam - Faster Attacks in a 4L next to Reduced Mana and an Aura, and put 2 Auras and Reduced Mana in the weapon if running The Supreme Truth to benefit from the +1 to Gem Level of the weapon;
- Purity of Lightning/Fire/Ice need to be Level 21 for them to give an extra 1% Max Resistance when put in Alpha's Howl, so don't bother until then and don't hesitate to swap Auras around to make coloring your gear easier.

The numbers

Stat Requirements
153 or 157 Dexterity to run Level 20 or 21 Grace and Haste. Pick 2 Dexterity Nodes and have a spot on gear for Dexterity to achieve it. Not a big deal if you don't.
153 or 157 Strength to run Level 20 or 21 Vitality. Have a spot on gear for Strength to achieve it. Not a big deal if you don't either.
A bunch of Intelligence, not an issue here.

Energy Shield
At level 90, you should be sitting at over 8'200 ES for the Shavronne's Wrappings version and over 7'000 ES for the Solaris Lorica version. Better gear and skill points earned past level 90 spent on ES should allow for serious improvement to these numbers as well.
Here's the math behind it:
Spoiler

430 ES Shavronne's Wrappings
450 ES Rare Shield
250 ES Rare Gloves
200 ES Rare Boots
050 ES Rare Belt
650 ES Discipline (Level 22 Discipline gives 350 ES, multiplied by the Increased Aura Effect nodes and Inner Force this comes out to 350 * 1.87 = 654)
050 ES from Tree
---
2'000-2'100 Total ES

To find out your total ES, multiply all your flat ES by 1 plus the %ES from the tree and gear and the %ES from your Intelligence (10 Int. = 2% ES):

2'000 * (1 + 250% + 60%) = 2'000 * 4.1 = 8'200 ES for the Shavronne's Wrappings version

1'550 * (1 + 250% + 60%) = 1'550 * 4.1 = 6'355 ES for the Solaris Lorica version

Note that in practice, you would likely want to run Ephemeral Edge with the Solaris Lorica, bumping your ES past 7'000.

Resistances
Your resistances will sit at 82% Fire, Lightning and Cold and -60% Chaos. If you get your hands on Level 21 Purities, you can reach 84% by placing them into Alpha's Howl.
With just 62% Fire, Lightning and Cold Resistance required from gear, capping your Resistances will be very easy between your Gloves, Boots, Shield and Belt not to mention the Cold Resistance on Alpha's Howl and Lightning Resistance on Shavronne's Wrappings.
Spoiler

We start Merciless with -60% in all Resistances.
We get 8% to all Resistances from the tree.

Level 20 Purities give 72% Resistances (72.93% = 39% *1.87, which is the multiplier from Aura Effect nodes and Inner Force).
Level 20 Purities also give 7% Max Resistances (7.48% = 4% *1.87) for a new cap of 82% Resistances.

-60 + 8 + 72 + X = 82. X = 62. This means we need to fit 62% Fire, Lightning and Cold Resistance on gear.

Note that if you run Level 21 Purities in Alpha's Howl, they grant 5% Max Resistance instead of 4%. With Aura Effect nodes and Inner Force, this means 9% Max Resistance instead of 7%.

The Auras
All Auras

By default, we run:
Discipline
Grace

Vitality

Haste
Hatred
Wrath

Purity of Lightning
Purity of Ice
Purity of Fire

These 9 Auras reserve 98% of our Life(Aura Calculator).

The Mana Costs
The idea is to run a Level 1 Ball Lightning or Level 16 Arc supported by Curse on Hit and the desired Curses.
Given 98% of our Mana is reserved for Auras, we're left with barely any Life unreserved thus the use of a ring with Elreon's -8 Mana Cost for Skills. This would have to be tested though, as in effect a Level 1 Ball Lightning could potentially work without needing the ring.

Cost of the Build

As of 3 weeks into Bloodlines, the build could be done for as low as a few Exalts. A more realistic figure would be 8 Exalts with a 5L Solaris Lorica. a 5L Shavronne's Wrappings version would run you 25 Exalts or so.
Spoiler

Helm: Alpha's Howl, 1 Exalt
Amulet: Eye of Chayula, 1 Chaos (not sure about the cost of the +1 Curse)
Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings, 20 exalts OR Solaris Lorica 5L, 3 exalts
Shield: Rare 450+ ES, 2 exalts
Boots: Rainbowstride, 10 Chaos
Gloves: Rare 200+ ES, 10 Chaos
Belt: Rare, 10 Chaos
Ring1: Doedre's Damning, 10 Chaos
Ring2: Crafted Elreon Ring, 10 Chaos to 3 Exalts
Gems: Nothing to 3 Exalts depending on Level and Quality
Ephemeral Edge: 1 Chaos
The Supreme Truth: ?

Total: 8 Exalts for the Solaris Lorica version, 25 and up Exalts for the Shavronne's Wrappings version.

If you have any questions or educated suggestions, please do not hesitate to contribute to this thread.
My HC Race & PVP Rewards collection at /3140751. Please help me locate the few missing ones!
Last edited by Broccolini on Mar 23, 2015, 6:12:16 PM
so you dindt test it yet? no video's? :< would have loved it
Umm, pretty sure you will want to have Windscream boots as BiS if you're going quad curse, unless you're getting the +1 curse in tree node (I didn't look at your tree yet)
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Around how many regrets would I need to buy?
I have done this exact build (minus some tweaking, I think 2 curses is plenty). I'm only 83 but I can run all 9 auras with level 18 reduced mana gems and an Alpha Howl.

I switched some stuff around though for gems; generosity on hatred/haste/anger/wrath

When I get a shavs or 6L my solaris I will pop 2 curses in and manually cast them while rocking a +1 curse ring or corrupt chayula.

I have 6.2k energy shield with a 430 es shield, and a 200+ ES gloves.

For my weapons/shield I run vaal discipline + faster cast + increased duration as a panic button, and vaal haste with generosity and increased duration for dps steroid for tough bosses. (With a level 1 generosity you're looking at 73% increased asp/cast speed for your group)

Absolutely bonkers. I can post before and after screenshots of people's dps in a little.

Oh, and I'm on Bloodlines and the build took me about 6~7ex to do. I spent around 60 regrets going from Arc (at 83) to Aura. Average level 16 gem costs 2 chaos ea, and I more or less bought all of them minus the reduced manas.
IGN @Badwald
Last edited by grimwald on Jan 9, 2015, 12:51:00 PM

Gear at level 90 on Bloodlines. Going well, I'll update and answer questions in a bit.

Edit: Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8HHgx9DXwOPBB_EVARlhRxFy8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdFB1PHaoksCW8Jwso-iymLR8vbzQKNbk3ZjeDOlJCo0ZxSVFJsUuuVdZXyVgHWfNca1yKYVJk52aebRlvnnC7cql4L3zlfll_xoCkgseDCYO2hEiGYIbRi3qMdo9GkyeVIJUumK2boZu1na6ePKKjpuunCKcrrKq0DLcxuJPAGsHFwfPDOsNtxp7KStfP2RPZW9rd34rfv-GI4vfpAuoY6rrr7uwY74jw1fba9zL3wffX-Ov5N_no-tL7Cf5J
My HC Race & PVP Rewards collection at /3140751. Please help me locate the few missing ones!
Last edited by Broccolini on Jan 12, 2015, 4:19:08 PM

Gear at level 93 on Bloodlines.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8HHgx9DXwOPBB_EVARlhRxFy8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdFB1PHaoksCW8Jwso-iymLR8vbzQKNbk3ZjeDOlJCo0ZxSVFJsUuuTm1V1lfJWAdZ81xrXIphUmTnZp5tGW-ecLtyqXgvfOV-WX_GgKSCx4MJg7aESIZghtGLeox2j0aTJ5UglS6YrZuhm7Wdrp48oqOlxKbrpwinK6yqtAy3MbiTwBrBxcHzwzrDbcaeykrXz9kT2Vva3d-K37_hiOL36QLqGOq66-7sGO-I8NX22vcy98H31_jr-Tf56PrS-wn-SQ==

Next step is to six link Shavronne's Wrappings, fit in Doedre's Damning and start running 4 Curses.
Elreon's ring will need to be replaced and eventually the shield, gloves and belt as well.

Current ES is just shy of 10'000 (8'000 with Solaris Lorica instead of Shavronne's Wrappings).
Last edited by Broccolini on Jan 15, 2015, 9:50:42 AM
Reached level 95 on Bloodlines just moments ago with the spec, top 50 in the ladder. The spec seems very solid and having excellent party member sure helped a lot.

One of them just six linked my Shavronne's Wrappings, so the next steps in terms of gear are to change the shield, gloves, belt and ring. Currently sitting at 9'700 ES, 82/82/85/-32.

/e all, found a nice middle ground. Thanks for build tips
Last edited by TSNomad on Jan 19, 2015, 10:44:02 PM
Awesome thread, thank you and good luck in the league ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info